Anyone know of an app which you can listen to internet radio on your iphone? I tried shoutcast but it wont stay running unless you stay in the app. Is there one that runs in the background while you are txting or surfing the web or something?
    02-11-10 02:21 PM
    This is one of the problems with iphone, no multi-tasking. Unless you're listening to your ipod feature, i don't think you can run the app in the background. I like slacker radio a lot but this is not a radio tuner, it's more like a bunch of playlists.
    02-11-10 03:45 PM
    I found a really cool app called " Radio Stream It All" in the app store. It allows you to enter in the IP address and port for any internet radio station. The app is free, but if you pay 99 cents, it gives you a background streaming option and allows you to see the artist and song title that you're listening to. I have not paid the 99 cents, so I'm not sure if it works or not. Once installed, it will give you the option to enable background streaming and charge you accordingly.

Also, please note that this app is on my iPod Touch 2G 32GB running OS 3.1.3 but I don't see why it wouldn't work on the iPhone.

I hope this helps.

-Dragasoni-
    02-11-10 05:26 PM
    I found a really cool app called " Radio Stream It All" in the app store. It allows you to enter in the IP address and port for any internet radio station. The app is free, but if you pay 99 cents, it gives you a background streaming option and allows you to see the artist and song title that you're listening to. I have not paid the 99 cents, so I'm not sure if it works or not. Once installed, it will give you the option to enable background streaming and charge you accordingly.

Also, please note that this app is on my iPod Touch 2G 32GB running OS 3.1.3 but I don't see why it wouldn't work on the iPhone.

I hope this helps.

-Dragasoni-
    I just got this app and paid the .99 for the background feature. IT WORKS GREAT. The way that it works is to turn it into a web app that is running in safari so it will act like a native app. Thanks for the heads up on this great radio app.
    02-11-10 08:59 PM
    Sweet! Thanks for the heads up!
    02-12-10 01:31 AM
    I use iheartradio and have jailbroken solely for the purpose of multitasking this in the background. Works great with the 3GS
    02-12-10 07:17 AM
    Anyone know of an app which you can listen to internet radio on your iphone? I tried shoutcast but it wont stay running unless you stay in the app. Is there one that runs in the background while you are txting or surfing the web or something?
    Jailbreak, run backgrounder and listen to any radio application you want.
    02-12-10 07:47 AM
    thanks for the radio stream it all. going to give it a try later.
    02-12-10 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD