I just bought a new laptop and I have a question about itunes. Can I just install a fresh copy on my new LT, and just continue synching my iphone as usual? And if I do this, would I be able to, should the occasion arrive, be able to restore it to the factory defaults? Or, do I have to copy something from my old laptop.
    08-18-10 04:18 PM
    I think that you won't need to copy anything for your old computer for Itunes.... It should have everything ready for you with your log in. Now if you downloaded music and had that in a folder and dropped that into Itunes i think you would need to transfer that folder on to your new laptop or Itunes wont be able to find your music. But if all your songs/albums are from Itune Store then you should be good to go
    08-18-10 04:30 PM
    Thanks BB,

I'm installing itunes right now.
    08-18-10 06:37 PM
    I think that you won't need to copy anything for your old computer for Itunes.... It should have everything ready for you with your log in. Now if you downloaded music and had that in a folder and dropped that into Itunes i think you would need to transfer that folder on to your new laptop or Itunes wont be able to find your music. But if all your songs/albums are from Itune Store then you should be good to go
    I did a backup and sync on my new laptop but everything in itunes is greyed out. When I click on the Apps tab, it shows all of my screens, but you can't click on any. They're all greyed out.

Does anyone have any ideas?
    08-18-10 07:54 PM
    Greyedout? Did you log in and it regonised your device and all?
    08-18-10 08:19 PM
    Log in to your iTunes account if you haven't. And if you have make sure the new
    laptop is one of the authorized computers on your account.
    08-18-10 08:39 PM
    I logged into my iTunes account and did a backup. Now when I click on the apps tab all of my screens are still there and now I have the individual apps listed and checked on left-hand side. The problem is that everything is still greyed out. I can't check or uncheck any apps and clicking on the different iphone pages has no effect.

There is a check box at the top of the page that says Sync Apps. Shoud I be checking that and doing a sysc?
    08-18-10 09:24 PM
    Yea think you need to sync apps box checked. Just make to read what it writes because I'm not too sure.
    08-18-10 11:05 PM
    Thanks Guys,

That did the trick! iTunes looks normal again and everything is accessable.

The only thing is on my iPhone, I had about 5 folders that I had created, they vanished. But that's no big deal, I'll can just recreate them.

Thanks again for the help.
    08-18-10 11:17 PM
    Good to hear Jay. Yea that's a minor problem. I never tried to restore from backup with the folders. I wonder if this is a problem a lot of people are having.
    08-19-10 12:01 AM
    Good to hear Jay. Yea that's a minor problem. I never tried to restore from backup with the folders. I wonder if this is a problem a lot of people are having.
    08-19-10 12:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD