My wife is nuts in wanting to spend 100.00 bucks on a case/external battery. Although cool, I think its a bit steep in price. Anyway I was wondering if any of you here had one and what you thought about it. Worth the price? Good usage?
    02-26-09 12:39 AM
    I had it for 6 hours, performs exactly as advertised, but i returned it. I always have my phones protected in a case and placed in a holster. This Incase Power Slider does provide protection and long battery life but the extra thickness of the unit was uncomfortable. I tried to put it in my jeans pocket, no go! Maybe if there was some type of holster for it, i would have kept it. For a woman it isn't so bad, they can store the phone in their purse. I think overall it is worth the $100. On a side note, after placing my iPhone in this slider my reception went to crap. I mean full 3G strength down to one or two bars. I made a phone call to a family member and the call was dropped three times in fifteen minutes. I took the phone out of the slider, called the same person and had zero issues. This could simply be an issue with my phone and not the slider itself, you can decide.
    Last edited by ddulaney14; 02-26-09 at 01:39 AM.
    02-26-09 01:30 AM
    I have read a lot about reception issues and echoing when using speaker phone. You think the Apple store would allow us to test drive the thing if we were looking to buy one.

I have also been eye balling the Juice Pack AIR. Which touts it is the thinest external battery. However it doesnt arrive till Spring.

I just dont like the way to current juice pack looks.
    02-26-09 09:25 AM
    I agree with you 100%! I definitely want to check out the Juice Pack Air when it is released. My iPhone battery actually lasts quite a decent amount of time because I don't turn on the PUSH for my email, don't keep location services on and i keep the brightness level around 20-30%.
    02-26-09 09:50 AM
    My wife and I are HUGE battery hogs. Every phone we have owned we always have had a spare with us. Her concern with the iPhone is batttery so hopefully this will be a nice solution.
    02-26-09 10:04 AM
    I have read a lot about reception issues and echoing when using speaker phone. You think the Apple store would allow us to test drive the thing if we were looking to buy one.

I have also been eye balling the Juice Pack AIR. Which touts it is the thinest external battery. However it doesnt arrive till Spring.

I just dont like the way to current juice pack looks.
    Apple won't let you test it out but you guys can buy the product, test it out in the mall by walking around or going to eat and then if you don't like it, just return it before you leave.

I wanted to try it, but the size alone turned me away. I really hope that is one of the things they change about the new phone this summer....battery life and multitasking abilities are my main concerns only.
    02-26-09 10:57 AM
    The size does bug me but I wont be using it. Like I mentioned above, I am really hoping she can wait and see the Juice Pack AIR.
    02-26-09 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD