Interesting blog post from our friend Rene Ritchie at iMore:

Why is Apple the only one capable of making iPhone-class devices? | iMore

Some pretty bold statements that have garnered quite a response from his own readers.
    10-12-13 10:39 AM
    So he likes iPhone...
    10-12-13 10:50 AM
    No question. Do you agree with his points?
    10-12-13 11:04 AM
    Maybe if I suscribed to imore, but since I signed up for crackberry for BlackBerry info it doesn't matter, blackberry is the best for me. If you agree with his points go post this in their forums, leave ours to blackberry help and news. Have a great day.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 11:20 AM
    ^ I can't agree more
    10-12-13 11:24 AM
    Maybe if I suscribed to imore, but since I signed up for crackberry for BlackBerry info it doesn't matter, blackberry is the best for me. If you agree with his points go post this in their forums, leave ours to blackberry help and news.
    So why did you click on this thread? And feel the need to comment if you have nothing to add to the conversation?
    10-12-13 11:26 AM
    So why did you click on this thread? And feel the need to comment if you have nothing to add to the conversation?
    I don't understand why this is even here. I'm sure that's a discussion for the iMore fan base. This is Crackberry. Nuff said.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    10-12-13 11:32 AM
    Maybe if I suscribed to imore, but since I signed up for crackberry for BlackBerry info it doesn't matter, blackberry is the best for me. If you agree with his points go post this in their forums, leave ours to blackberry help and news. Have a great day.

Posted via CB10
    This coming from a guy who feels the need to mention Apple or Android in almost every single one of your posts. You, sir, are the walking definition of hypocrisy.
    10-12-13 11:39 AM
    I don't understand why this is even here. I'm sure that's a discussion for the iMore fan base. This is Crackberry. Nuff said.
    Did you check to see which forum category this is under? People here are welcome to talk about other platforms. Nuff said.
    10-12-13 11:42 AM
    Lot of mixed comments on that post
    Some things I can agree with, but some not.

One of them is when Rene says that Nokia makes great hardware, but not their own chips. Apple doesn't make their own chips either, they design and engineer them. Under the word "make" I understand design, engineer and manufacture.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 11:42 AM

One of them is when Rene says that Nokia makes great hardware, but not their own chips. Apple doesn't make their own chips either, they design and engineer them. Under the word "make" I understand design, engineer and manufacture.
    I picked up on that too. He forgot to mention that their procs are still manufactured in part by their largest competitor.
    10-12-13 11:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    Though by that definition then, Qualcomm doesn't make the Snapdragon chip and Nvidia doesn't make the Tegra chip.
    10-12-13 12:07 PM
    i think it is his personal view,like that i think bb is the best device for me
    10-12-13 12:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    I want you to look at the forum this thread is posted in.
    10-12-13 12:26 PM
    Did you check to see which forum category this is under? People here are welcome to talk about other platforms. Nuff said.
    Hmmm, did you also post this in the imore forums? I'm sure you'd have more feedback there.
    10-12-13 12:29 PM
    They embrace innovation. They did not try to stop it like Mike. They do the good job implementing technology. (Fingerprint)
    10-12-13 12:33 PM
    Hmmm, did you also post this in the imore forums? I'm sure you'd have more feedback there.
    I value the insight and intelligence of certain members of this community, and enjoy reading their perspective. Especially the ones who are interested in the industry as a whole. That was my intent, nothing more.

Guess I should have known it would bring the haters and hypocrites out of the woods.
    10-12-13 12:35 PM
    This coming from a guy who feels the need to mention Apple or Android in almost every single one of your posts. You, sir, are the walking definition of hypocrisy.
    Yeah but guess what I don't go on their forums and post crap like this, now who's hypocritical? Gotcha! You hate blackberry good but dont post apple junk to support it on a blackberry forum.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 12:38 PM
    I value the insight and intelligence of certain members of this community, and enjoy reading their perspective. Especially the ones who are interested in the industry as a whole. That was my intent, nothing more.

Guess I should have known it would bring the haters and hypocrites out of the woods.
    I am neither a hater nor a hypocrit my friend - I am merely curious to find out if you posted this in a forum that might be more appropriate to your post.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 12:39 PM
    It's simply a question of focus and priorities. If the company's ethos is built around excellent design, look and feel, coherence, and appealing to the end-user, then that's going to be reflected in the way they think about and build products. If it's ingrained in the company culture you'll see this at all levels - from the SDK to the user-interface.

That doesn't mean that the'll do a perfect job every time of course - it just means that they'll hit their targets much more consistently than their competitors.
    10-12-13 12:43 PM
    I want you to look at the forum this thread is posted in.
    I want you to look at the forum page your on......crackberry with a apple link? That's stupid. We don't need a apple discussion group here, its blackberry.

I don't think Imore or android central has one, they don't even care if blackberry exists. Their forum members don't post junk to start fights like three quarters of the newest members here.

And yeah go ahead and check my history, I really don't care what i have done, most has probably been done to annoy the annoyers but learned hard and fast they all just sit in their underwear all day to post here and cause problems cause they live for it. Just tired of seeing people cheer other platforms on here but on other posts dump all over BlackBerry.

All the more reason to get rid of the other platform discussion forums under the crackberry groupings.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 12:44 PM
    Yeah but guess what I don't go on their forums and post crap like this, now who's hypocritical? Gotcha! You hate blackberry good but dont post apple junk to support it on a blackberry forum.
    Crap like what? All I did was point out a link to an article from another Mobile Nations site to get the perspective of intelligent BlackBerry users. I made sure to put it in the proper category.

And I don't hate BlackBerry. I disapprove how its management committed business suicide so soon after the release of BB10. There's a difference.
    10-12-13 12:44 PM
    Crap like what? All I did was point out a link to an article from another Mobile Nations site.

And I don't hate BlackBerry. I disapprove how its management committed business suicide so soon after the release of BB10. There's a difference.
    Same here but I don't keep kicking the horse when it's down in every forum I can. Let it go. Let's support the z30 coming in without spec wars or what it's lacking. How about the latest apps out this week without the ones not here? We know the problems, let's not add to it by bringing in other platforms, that just starts fires.

And I wasn't the only one hating this post there were others. We are all tired of it are we not?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 12:48 PM
    I always find it interesting when people post something to get people's opinion but never gives theirs

Posted from my Q10 with 1GB of RAM running 10.2.1.476
    10-12-13 12:51 PM
    We know the problems, let's not add to it by bringing in other platforms, that just starts fires.
    Does that mean you'll no longer mention Apple, iOS or Android in nearly every one posts to back up your arguments?

It's fine to ask something of another as long as you do your part as well.
    10-12-13 12:55 PM
99 123 ...