02-06-12 02:24 PM
238 ... 8910
tools
    So do you guys turn off iMessage?
    02-03-12 02:34 PM
    I don't. I just have to hope my phone isn't stolen, obviously for more than that reason but IMO its reason enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-03-12 03:15 PM

The whole notion of PIN's is abhorrent to me.
    "step-off" ?

Really dude? Do we need to have a dance-off or something?
    ab∑hor∑rent (b-hŰrnt, -hr-)
    adj.
    1. Disgusting, loathsome, or repellent.
    2. Feeling repugnance or loathing.

Why would one have such a strong emotional reaction to something like a PIN #?

Just wondering.
    Last edited by RetroAndreas; 02-04-12 at 11:36 AM.
    02-04-12 09:50 AM
    Dance fight!

Warning! This is not pretty.
    02-05-12 02:37 PM
    LOL, some things never change. News of an Apple flaw? Deny, blame the source is biased, trivialize the problem.

"Nothing to see here, move along..."

Why are we wasting time on this when there's plenty of RIM stuff we could bash?
    02-05-12 03:03 PM
    LOL, some things never change. News of an Apple flaw? Deny, blame the source is biased, trivialize the problem.

Ohhhh boohoo.
    You're just mad because you've got a strong urge to fly, and nowhere to fly to.
    And because your wild staring eyes tend to freak people out.
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 02-05-12 at 03:37 PM.
    02-05-12 03:32 PM
    So they are saying this flaw, or whatever they are labeling it, is tied to the SIM card and iMessage. I wonder if it will have the same behavior on CDMA iPhones. We've moved several phones between lines. I'm going to have to check this out tomorrow.

I have to support both platforms, I'm not here to be a cheerleader/defender for my preference.
    02-05-12 03:57 PM
    I was worried about the iMessage bug at first and was going to tell my iPhone using parents. But, it's really a non issue. It only is an issue if their phones gets stolen. And if that happens, they have much more pressing problems then their iMessages being spied on.
    stoneland likes this.
    02-05-12 05:07 PM
    What if someone gets a warranty replacement and their old phone gets refurbished and sent out to someone else? It seems like this could be a problem for more scenarios than they are currently listing. The more I think about it, the more my stomach churns. We've had a few users that have had several replacements due to bad batteries.

Does iMessage require a separate setup or is it part of the text message app?
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 02-05-12 at 06:37 PM.
    02-05-12 06:29 PM
    What if someone gets a warranty replacement and their old phone gets refurbished and sent out to someone else? It seems like this could be a problem for more scenarios than they are currently listing. The more I think about it, the more my stomach churns. We've had a few users that have had several replacements due to bad batteries.

I agree with this entirely. Apparently a full wipe doesn't fix the bug (yes, it's a bug regardless of what apple say) and to me that is unacceptable. Anyone getting a refurb could potentially receive someone else's messages.

Letting apple slide on this isn't an option.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    02-06-12 08:32 AM

You just described the same thing BB fanboys do to every single negative article about RIM (which is the majority of the articles).

Deny RIM is in trouble, blame Apple for brainwashing consumers and the media, blame Android for malware and gimmicks, claim the author is not a journalist at all and is just filth, and trivialize RIMs lack of marketshare by claiming they are still profitable and that's all that matters.

Seems like both sides have something in common. Damn fanboys.
    Last edited by avt123; 02-06-12 at 10:48 AM.
    02-06-12 10:43 AM
    It's in the messages portion of the phone but the iPhone detects other iPhones by itself. Nothing to set up.
    02-06-12 12:30 PM
    I am one of those users who switched from bb tour to the iphone 4...and after a year, went back to the bb 9930...I now carry both and I can tell you that iMessage works as well as bbm does....yes, it doesn't do groups but I'm sure they will get to that too. And for those that say iMessage never has an outage, please check the threads at imore...they had one a few months ago that lasted an entire week...not all users were affected but it DID happen. Lesson is that both are services that are network dependent and can have glitches. I personally love the way iMessage recognizes an iphone without me having to specify.

The only thing I really miss is using bbm over wifi on my bb when I switch phones. For some reason, I was able to do this on my old bold and Storm2 but on this new 9930, if I switch to the iphone4, the bb is non-functional.
    02-06-12 02:24 PM
238 ... 8910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD