I wouldn't say it is a failure. I mean look at the issues with bb in general, everything has issues especially when it first launches.
    01-19-12 09:12 PM
    If iMessage is a failure, it's the kind of failure RIM could seriously use.

The whole notion of PIN's is abhorrent to me. I mean,.....I already have a phone number.
    Last edited by tchocky77; 01-20-12 at 01:53 AM.
    Premium1 likes this.
    01-19-12 11:00 PM
    Imessage on Iphone is obviously a failure. I remember when ifanboys called it the BBM killer hahahaha. lol

http://forums.tipb.com/ios-5-forum/2...-imessage.html
    Don't know whether it's a failure or success but for me and my buddies..WORKS Just FINE !
    01-19-12 11:24 PM
    BBM is fail because it's BlackBerry. The brand has become famous (infamous) for its failures. BBM is just another on the laundry list.

Sorry. Troll Bait thread gets trolled.
    Last edited by tchocky77; 01-20-12 at 02:05 AM.
    01-20-12 01:54 AM
    Not to sidetrack the conversation, but, I don't like that ANY device forces a specific conversation, i.e. BBM or iMessage...

The clear downside to this is when one switches to another device, as I do, almost daily.

For me personally, text message will ALWAYS be the best form since I don't have to remind people, friends, colleagues, etc, which device I'm currently using
    Premium1 likes this.
    01-20-12 06:31 AM
    For me personally, text message will ALWAYS be the best form since I don't have to remind people, friends, colleagues, etc, which device I'm currently using
    This. I texted way more than I used BBM when I used my S2. I had a few BBM contacts that had my phone number and it was just easier to text.
    01-20-12 09:03 AM
    If iMessage is a failure, it's the kind of failure RIM could seriously use.

The whole notion of PIN's is abhorrent to me. I mean,.....I already have a phone number.
    I agree, if there was some way that RIM could incorporate it in a similar way that apple did with Imessage it would be much more popular. I hated when I had a bb having to remember the pin and use that and text messaging, it was a mess. If that was all incorporated into one automatically with those who had a bb I would have liked it and used it that much more.
    01-20-12 09:51 AM
    That's why there's cross messaging platforms. Personally I refuse to pay $20/month for a text plan. Outrageous.

Live Profile is as good as any. Or Google Voice for free SMS.
    01-20-12 11:33 AM
    abhorrent........haha strong word for a phone discussion.... step off
    01-21-12 09:47 PM
    That's why there's cross messaging platforms. Personally I refuse to pay $20/month for a text plan. Outrageous.

Live Profile is as good as any. Or Google Voice for free SMS.
    Unlimited texting is included in my minutes plan. $59.99/month for 450 minutes and unlimited texting.
    01-23-12 11:03 AM
    What's app FTW! I'd rather use that then BBM and iMessage
    01-24-12 09:12 AM
    abhorrent........haha strong word for a phone discussion.... step off
    "step-off" ?

Really dude? Do we need to have a dance-off or something?

Also,....iMessage switches seamlessly between Text, and iMessage, depending on whether the recipient is running iOS5, or is on another (non-Apple) phone altogether. So it is cross-platform.
    01-27-12 12:37 PM
    "step-off" ?

Really dude? Do we need to have a dance-off or something?

Also,....iMessage switches seamlessly between Text, and iMessage, depending on whether the recipient is running iOS5, or is on another (non-Apple) phone altogether. So it is cross-platform.
    Yet that's the double edged sword, when it comes to international use and you could easily end up with extra charges. So a user would have to turn that feature off therefore no more seamless transition between imessage and sms.
    01-27-12 12:47 PM
    Yet that's the double edged sword, when it comes to international use and you could easily end up with extra charges. So a user would have to turn that feature off therefore no more seamless transition between imessage and sms.
    That's only an issue if you text more people in other countries than those that are in your country. Not an issue at all for 99% of users. Turning it off is a matter of flipping a single switch in your settings, by the way. Not exactly "seamless", I guess. But not much of a bother, either.
    01-27-12 12:51 PM
    I guess there may be some security problems with imessage!!

The Apple Bug That Let Us Spy on a Total Stranger's iPhone
    02-01-12 11:10 PM
    But the new berries have crappy batteries and the bold 9900/30 doesn't even have auto focus. Rim always leaves something out there phones everytime! I mean come on its 2012 don't give me that bs that no auto focus is better lol and all the fan boys saying its better than having auto focus hahaha. Who are you trying to fool
    02-02-12 08:50 AM
    I guess there may be some security problems with imessage!!

The Apple Bug That Let Us Spy on a Total Stranger's iPhone
    Yes. That's been known for quite a while and has yet to be addressed.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    02-02-12 10:56 AM
    Interesting, what I take from this is imessage can be cloned.
    02-02-12 11:27 AM
    The pics came from a group iMessage ? So now it's being said a group message with other contacts was accidentally sent ? I think this is some gixmodo bs given their track record starting with the stolen i4 - not saying security isn't an issue per se just that gizmodo is making some bs up lol
    02-02-12 12:34 PM
    The pics came from a group iMessage ? So now it's being said a group message with other contacts was accidentally sent ? I think this is some gixmodo bs given their track record starting with the stolen i4 - not saying security isn't an issue per se just that gizmodo is making some bs up lol
    Its perfectly reproducible and apple have known for at least two months. Making excuses won't get it fixed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-02-12 06:34 PM
    iMessage is iMessage. If you have an iPhone and love it great, if you don't, super!

If you have a BB with BBM and you think the sun rises and sets on it, that's even better.

Enough already...

As for the security issue, I'm sure a fix is in the update they're currently working on. I can't remember a situation when apple, as customer service oriented as they are, didn't address a customers concern.
    02-02-12 06:59 PM
    Its perfectly reproducible and apple have known for at least two months. Making excuses won't get it fixed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I never said it wasn't reproducible - I just said that given gizmodo and apples recent history that they are exaggerating just a little to apple off nothing more - so who's making excuses ?
    02-03-12 09:40 AM
    I love how everyone either loves (oh they said my favorite is good) or hates (grumble they said my favorite suck) these darned blogs depending on what is said. If you agree with me I love you today. Tomorrow if you disagree with me I hate you.
    02-03-12 10:10 AM
    I never said it wasn't reproducible - I just said that given gizmodo and apples recent history that they are exaggerating just a little to apple off nothing more - so who's making excuses ?
    They're not exaggerating. It's a serious security flaw that needs to be fixed. I'm not going to apologize for Apple when a bug this important rears it's ugly head.

02-03-12 11:44 AM
    Here it is again. I can't fathom why Apple insist this isn't a bug but rather a procedural error. This is a massive security flaw, if it was BBM doing it, we wouldn't hear the end of it.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/2/3/276...ne-theft-issue

kbz1960 and belfastdispatcher like this.
    02-03-12 12:06 PM
238 ... 78910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD