Nah, I doubt most people even realize they are using it if / when they do. Just an SMS replacement.

People know when they use BBM, you specifically seek out that BBM icon and of course, ask people their PIN.

With iMessage, it's just kinda... There. It's deep integration may be its greatest issue with getting recognition for the service existing if that makes any sense.
    ^^^^^This. I have had 3 people in the last week or so actually call me and ask why imessage shows up when they go to text someone! Apple has done a very nice job with this. Another "it just works" point to the phone. Everyone is different though. When I had BB I never used BBM because as you say you have to "choose" to use it.
    01-11-12 07:12 AM
    Why don't you just buy the phone that suits your needs now instead of wishing and waiting on Rim to change? If Rim will change the way you want it they would loose me as a customer(and many others probably) while they're gaining you. But right now you're asking Rim to give up on its strongest feature, security.

Edit BB10 is not replacing BBOS, not for a few years anyway so us the old fashion BB fans don't have to make that choice yet just because BB10 is coming out.
    While you are right RIM can't please everyone. I think they have much to gain by change. Assuming the change is done right. People are running away from BB! But yes there are people that still love bb the way it is. But, not nearly as many as you may imply. If it wasn't for crackberry I wouldn't even know BB's still exist. I shop both at best buy mobile and two different verizon stores. All three have completely taken down any type of BB display. When the 9930 came out I had to ask to even see it! If they do BB10 right and get app development and get that on a 9900 type device they will gain more than lose. Only problem is longer they wait the more everyone is settling in on another platform. I have had some growing pains with an all touch phone but I am to the point now where I love it and don't know if I would even want a kb.
    01-11-12 07:23 AM
    Happy for you although you seem very active here still, how come? Since your eyes are opened and you have moved on to the competition?
    I never understood why people that have gone to different platforms still come to crackberry until I left myself. Crackberry is way more than just bb. It's a part of mobile nations and it has a great following by a lot of users that have been here for years. I go to android central and I have used an android phone for a total of 36 hours. But that doesn't mean I don't want to stay current with what all the platforms are doing. Nice to stay current! And I don't think there is a Crackberry member that isn't rooting for a homerun from RIM. Just most of us will have to see it to believe it!
    01-11-12 07:31 AM
    ^^^^^This. I have had 3 people in the last week or so actually call me and ask why imessage shows up when they go to text someone! Apple has done a very nice job with this. Another "it just works" point to the phone. Everyone is different though. When I had BB I never used BBM because as you say you have to "choose" to use it.
    Each to his own but this is probably the most fanboyish ignorant thing I've read so far.

Did you never use Email because you had to "choose" it? Or if you had Whatsapp installed would you never use it bcos you have to "choose" it? I can go on forever. Did you never use Twitter because you had to "choose" it when it was not fully integrated in the Iphone OS like it is on a Blackberry?? I'm saying.. ya'll need to chill. We all know how cumbersome sending attachments from Iphone's email being that you have to come out of email, go to the the media or whatever folder, select what you want then send via email or copy it then go back to the message then paste in. I know most of you would defend this long winded method which makes no sense. Yet, simply clicking on the BBM icon or selecting via the menu list (when in pics or contacts or twitter or and BBM connected app or whatever depending on what you want to do or share with BBM friends/Groups) .. you guy's make it sound like it will take 10 minutes when in fact the so-called "just works" Imessage is does not "just work" cos you really never know what it's doing wondering if it sent the message?, has it delivered? etc.. If I'm lying then go back and click on the link in the 1st post and hear str8 from the the Iphone users themselves.

I'll say it again. Meet you out there and you got a Blackberry.. asking for your PIN is just as hard.. or easy (take your pick) as any phone user asking other phone users for their phone numbers. I'f im so lazy or tired then text it to me or if you got an NFC enabled phone like mine.. just tap together and it's on.

#Imjustsaying
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 01-11-12 at 07:51 AM.
    01-11-12 07:41 AM
    I never understood why people that have gone to different platforms still come to crackberry until I left myself. Crackberry is way more than just bb. It's a part of mobile nations and it has a great following by a lot of users that have been here for years. I go to android central and I have used an android phone for a total of 36 hours. But that doesn't mean I don't want to stay current with what all the platforms are doing. Nice to stay current! And I don't think there is a Crackberry member that isn't rooting for a homerun from RIM. Just most of us will have to see it to believe it!
    Some people can't accept that this is a community of all kind of device users. We're in the Apple forum and he's still complaining bc I don't fawn over the blackberry. RIM had their chance with me and blew it. I hope they turn themselves around in time and maybe i'll give them another shot. Until then I'm happier where I am but I've been a member here for years and will continue regardless of what wannabe moderators think.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    jebulls likes this.
    01-11-12 07:41 AM
    Each to his own but this is probably the most fanboyish ignorant thing I've read so far.

Did you never use Email because you had to "choose" it? Or if you had Whatsapp installed would you never use it bcos you have to "choose" it? I can go on forever. Did you never use Twitter because you had to "choose" it when it was not fully integrated in the Iphone OS like it is on a Blackberry?? I'm saying.. ya'll need to chill. We all know how cumbersome sending pictures from Iphone's email being that you have to come out of email, go to the pictures, select what you want then send via email or copy it then go back to the message then paste in. I'm know most of you would defend this long winded method which makes no sense. Yet, simply clicking on the BBM icon or selecting via the menu list (when in pics or contacts or twitter or and BBM connected app or whatever depending on what you want to do or share with BBM friends/Groups) .. you guy's make it sound like it will take 10 minutes when in fact the so-called "just works" Imessage is slower cos you really never know what it's doing wondering if it sent the message?, has it delivered? etc..

I'll say it again. Meet you out there and you got a Blackberry.. asking for your PIN is just as hard.. or easy (take your pick) as any phone user asking other phone users for their phone numbers.

#Imjustsaying
    I agree with this entirely (not the insult at the beginning), the integration between apps on the blackberry is second to none. I liked being able to send a tweet to FB and vice versa, share a FB post with a contact easily etc etc. It's that same sort of integration that I like about I message, the fact that I don't have to do anything or care that it's working, it just is, I'm surprised that you don't see that. All apps should work together with minimal effort on the part of the user. Apple has a long way to go in this regard and likely it'll never be as good as the blackberry simply bc of apples sandboxed way of doing things on this device. But we can hope for change just as I hope for change from RIM.

Also, just to clarify, there are indicators for delivered/read in iMessage, just as in BBM. It's no slower than any of the competing services.

Last edited by xandermac; 01-11-12 at 07:56 AM.
    01-11-12 07:47 AM
    Quote:

"Also, just to clarify, there are indicators for delivered/read in iMessage, just as in BBM."

Just to clarify, I know there is a R for read and D for delivered in Imessage but the point is... based on the moans and groans users have they every now and again see a "D" for delivered but, the person on the receiving end never did receive it or they get it hours or days later. I'm just saying what the some of the users have experienced.. just the facts.

It's just the fact they the do or die fanboys will so easily big up some minor function that Whatsapp, CrunchSMS, Touch (aka PingChat) have been doing for years then totally moan just cos they have to click on the BBM icon or ask for a pin.

Makes me wonder if they moan about having to ask for friends phone numbers too or moan that they wish Whatsapp is integrated into Imessage so they dont have to "choose" it.

Stinks of IBias.
    01-11-12 08:35 AM
    Quote:

"Also, just to clarify, there are indicators for delivered/read in iMessage, just as in BBM."

Just to clarify, I know there is a R for read and D for delivered in Imessage but the point is... based on the moans and groans users have they every now and again see a "D" for delivered but, the person on the receiving end never did receive it or they get it hours or days later. I'm just saying what the some of the users have experienced.. just the facts.

It's just the fact they the do or die fanboys will so easily big up some minor function that Whatsapp, CrunchSMS, Touch (aka PingChat) have been doing for years then totally moan just cos they have to click on the BBM icon or ask for a pin.

Makes me wonder if they moan about having to ask for friends phone numbers too or moan that they wish Whatsapp is integrated into Imessage so they dont have to "choose" it.

Stinks of IBias.
    No offense but you're actually doing more complaining than anyone else here! People just want things to be integrated and I honestly see no harm in that.

01-11-12 08:39 AM
    No offense but you're actually doing more complaining than anyone else here! People just want things to be integrated and I honestly see no harm in that.

No offense but when I see fanboyism on parade I'd rather step to it and put down facts than let it slide.

You do you and I'll do me.
    01-11-12 08:42 AM
    No offense but when I see fanboyism on parade I'd rather step to it and put down facts than let it slide.

You do you and I'll do me.
    I like that. As all you've given is opinion maybe some facts are in order. You disagree with what a few have said here, that doesn't make anything you've said a fact. Agree to disagree and stop being so aggressive. You started this thread purely to flame, you did a good job, but aggression won't change any options.

Last edited by xandermac; 01-11-12 at 09:07 AM.
    01-11-12 08:48 AM
    If I was too aggressive.. then my bad but I'm one that really hates to see people randomly give misinformation or make something out to be what it's really not just because it's their chosen brand of choice.

In respect to facts or not facts.. it's what Imessage users have said they've experienced whether anyone likes it or not. I'f you're willing to accept the positive experiences as fact and then dispute the negative experiences and claim they are not facts then.. each to his own. They wrote it it so who am I to dispute it???
    01-11-12 09:08 AM
    If I was too aggressive.. then my bad but I'm one that really hates to see people randomly give misinformation or make something out to be what it's really not just because it's their chosen brand of choice.

In respect to facts or not facts.. it's what Imessage users have said they've experienced whether anyone likes it or not. I'f you're willing to accept the positive experiences as fact and then dispute the negative experiences and claim they are not facts then.. each to his own. They wrote it it so who am I to dispute it???
    You posted a link to a random thread where a few people are having issues yet you HATE misinformation? You now think that it's a FACT that ALL users are experiencing the same issues and expect us, the people that have ACTUALLY used iMessage to accept your assertion as fact. I'm afraid that's not go life works. Sorry.

I agree that iMessage isn't perfect, nothing is, including BBM. There is always room for improvement. But an "obvious failure" (your words), I disagree simply bc I can and do send/receive messages.

I could link to a dozen threads here about BBM and service issues, does that make the blackberry an obvious failure? I don't think so.

Last edited by xandermac; 01-11-12 at 09:19 AM.
    01-11-12 09:15 AM
    You posted a link to a random thread where a few people are having issues yet you HATE misinformation? You now think that it's a FACT that ALL users are experiencing the same issues and expect us, the people that have ACTUALLY used iMessage to accept your assertion as fact. I'm afraid that's not go life works. Sorry.

I agree that iMessage isn't perfect, nothing is, including BBM. There is always room for improvement. But an "obvious failure" (your words), I disagree simply bc I can and do send/receive messages.

Ok. Since you think I'm being unfair.. eat your heart out:

http://forums.imore.com/search.php?searchid=8791012

If that ain't enough for you then feel free to Google it.

PS.. never said it's what everyone experiences. Same way some have rubbish battery life and others have good battery life. Fact is Iphone had and still has battery issues.. Apple acknowledged it so its undisputable.
    01-11-12 09:21 AM
    Ok. Since you think I'm being unfair.. eat your heart out:

http://forums.imore.com/search.php?searchid=8791012

If that ain't enough for you then feel free to Google it.

PS.. never said it's what everyone experiences. Same way some have rubbish battery life and others have good battery life. Fact is Iphone had and still has battery issues.. Apple acknowledged it so its undisputable.
    Wow, some people have issues! Yikes! You win, it's a failure.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ght=BBM+issues

http://forums.crackberry.com/native-...ght=BBM+issues

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ght=BBM+issues

So, these are FACTS based on people discussing it on a forum

BBM is a failure
    BIS has to be a failure based on the volume of posts
    Blackberries are randomly bricking themselves, so failure
    PlayBook can't connect to WiFi, so massive fail there

and on and on

FACTS! don't you just love 'em!

Last edited by xandermac; 01-11-12 at 09:45 AM.
    Accidental Post, TGR1 and jclif like this.
    01-11-12 09:27 AM
    Wow, some people have issues! Yikes! You win, it's a failure.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ght=BBM+issues

So, these are FACTS based on people discussing it on a forum

BBM is a failure
    BIS has to be a failure based on the volume of posts
    Blackberries are randomly bricking themselves, so failure
    PlayBook can't connect to WiFi, so massive fail there

and on and on

FACTS! don't you just love 'em!

Now that's what I'm talking about. Blackberry has, does and still will have it's issues whether it's battery, BBM, browsing, BIS etc or just plain the phone going bonkers but we are willing to accept. A lot of Iphone users on the otherhand just seem to have some do or die attitude that no matter what.. the Apple way is the holy grail even when it's obviously not working as it should.

I just hope most would be able to accept and moan about it so that in the long run.. we as consumers get the best products and services possible for our money.
    01-11-12 09:59 AM
    1. SMS
    2. BBM
    3. IMESSAGE (I actually do like imessage, I use it very rarely though)
    01-11-12 10:06 AM
    Now that's what I'm talking about. Blackberry has, does and still will have it's issues whether it's battery, BBM, browsing, BIS etc or just plain the phone going bonkers but we are willing to accept. A lot of Iphone users on the otherhand just seem to have some do or die attitude that no matter what.. the Apple way is the holy grail even when it's obviously not working as it should.

I just hope most would be able to accept and moan about it so that in the long run.. we as consumers get the best products and services possible for our money.
    As I said, nothing is perfect. Theres always room for improvement.

Fewer things are an absolute failure.

01-11-12 10:27 AM

Did you never use Email because you had to "choose" it? Or if you had Whatsapp installed would you never use it bcos you have to "choose" it? I can go on forever. Did you never use Twitter because you had to "choose" it when it was not fully integrated in the Iphone OS like it is on a Blackberry?? I'm saying.. ya'll need to chill. We all know how cumbersome sending attachments from Iphone's email being that you have to come out of email, go to the the media or whatever folder, select what you want then send via email or copy it then go back to the message then paste in. I know most of you would defend this long winded method which makes no sense. Yet, simply clicking on the BBM icon or selecting via the menu list (when in pics or contacts or twitter or and BBM connected app or whatever depending on what you want to do or share with BBM friends/Groups) .. you guy's make it sound like it will take 10 minutes when in fact the so-called "just works" Imessage is does not "just work" cos you really never know what it's doing wondering if it sent the message?, has it delivered? etc.. If I'm lying then go back and click on the link in the 1st post and hear str8 from the the Iphone users themselves.

I'll say it again. Meet you out there and you got a Blackberry.. asking for your PIN is just as hard.. or easy (take your pick) as any phone user asking other phone users for their phone numbers. I'f im so lazy or tired then text it to me or if you got an NFC enabled phone like mine.. just tap together and it's on.

#Imjustsaying
    Settle down there fella! How is what I said fanboyish? Simply stating that imessage is an entire different animal compared to bbm. imessage and sms is together on iphone. The phone just knows which to use. Which in my case is very convenient and imo better. When I had bbm I had maybe 5 friends but I am sure I could have had many more it I would have gotten a pin and whatnot. But I can see for some would like bbm. But I just like the fact that if joe blow gets an iphone I don't need to do anything. "it just works". If anything you came off ignorant for jumping all over me!
    01-11-12 06:09 PM
    Anyway, yeah, I like how integrated iMessage is. I hope BlackBerry does the same someday.
    01-11-12 06:12 PM

Hmmm......u jumped all over me and I didn't even put down bbm? Just stated why I like imessage! I think its time to settle down a bit. It's a phone haha.....
    01-11-12 06:16 PM
    I think that unless people have tried BOTH BBM and iMessage, then they really cant form a real opinion of either one. Simply calling iMessage or BBM a failure based off other people's posts is a little premature, try it for yourself then decide. Dont just go throwing rocks around hoping to get a rise out of poeple unless youre ready to get some hurled back at you as well. Just my 2 cents
    Accidental Post likes this.
    01-12-12 10:50 AM
    This morning I got a new message notification, look down at my phone and see the name of one of the most diehard bb people I know. Under his name it says "iMessage". Shocking!!
    01-18-12 04:07 PM
    I think that unless people have tried BOTH BBM and iMessage, then they really cant form a real opinion of either one. Simply calling iMessage or BBM a failure based off other people's posts is a little premature, try it for yourself then decide. Dont just go throwing rocks around hoping to get a rise out of poeple unless youre ready to get some hurled back at you as well. Just my 2 cents
    I have tried both. I'm happy with my BBM. The imessage is ok but nothing that would make me switch phones.

James
    01-18-12 06:55 PM
    I like both, but for me, BBM wins because of the red light
    01-18-12 07:39 PM
    Navi, yes! I agree with you there. Love my LED! Cept my BBM is green. Gotta love customizable LED!
    01-19-12 02:39 PM
238 ... 678910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD