Not on a blackberry, it has a built in firewall where you can block them.
    iMessage is pretty limited Bel, and many of us know this already. I mean, we did use the devices, some of us used them for years.
    01-06-12 11:27 AM
    I wouldn't know. I've never had the need to block anyone. Nice that the option is there though.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    01-06-12 11:28 AM
    Exactly. BB uses the firewall, Whatsapp and CrunshSMS both have the block contact feature too. Maybe Imessage should get it so "it just works" and not need the long winded carrier way.
    01-06-12 11:29 AM
    I've had the opposite experience, pictures take forever to send on iMessage for me (depending on the size). It would be great if iMessage gave you the option to resize the picture before sending the way the email application does.

Yes, and pictures send much faster. I can send 5-8 pictures on iMessage in the amount of time it usually takes one using MMS.

iMessage is pretty limited Bel, and many of us know this already. I mean, we did use the devices, some of us used them for years.
    Xandermac didn't know actually you'll be surprised to know how many people don't.
    Exactly. BB uses the firewall, Whatsapp and CrunshSMS both have the block contact feature too. Maybe Imessage should get it so "it just works" and not need the long winded carrier way.
    Seeing as blocking isn't even a feature of iMessage I'm going to say that it does just work, as advertised. If they add blocking we'll argue the merits at that time. Pointless fighting over a non-existent feature really.

01-06-12 11:32 AM
    I've had the opposite experience, pictures take forever to send on iMessage for me (depending on the size). It would be great if iMessage gave you the option to resize the picture before sending the way the email application does.

Ah, the curse of high quality camera, bbm does sent pics in a small format and you can then request the full size. I have yet to find a good way of sharing HD videos, they're far too large for any messaging service.
    01-06-12 11:33 AM
    Interesting... One pic takes about 1-2 seconds for me to send. The longest it ever took was when it switched from iMessage to a normal MMS.
    01-06-12 11:33 AM
    Xandermac didn't know actually you'll be surprised to know how many people don't.
    And you'll be surprised about how many people don't care.
    01-06-12 11:34 AM
    Interesting... One pic takes about 1-2 seconds for me to send. The longest it ever took was when it switched from iMessage to a normal MMS.
    I haven't used MMS in years but I don't remember it ever being fast, very slow.
    01-06-12 11:34 AM
    Something is wrong with mine then. A full resolution photo takes about 5 minutes on my 4s. What network are you on?

01-06-12 11:35 AM
    I haven't used MMS in years but I don't remember it ever being fast, very slow.
    Yea MMS is very slow. There have only been a few times where it has worked decently fast for me. It usually takes 15-20 seconds to send an MMS for me on any device.
    01-06-12 11:36 AM
    Seeing as blocking isn't even a feature of iMessage I'm going to say that it does just work, as advertised. If they add blocking we'll argue the merits at that time. Pointless fighting over a non-existent feature really.

There's no argument.. it's a simple block. If the Iphone had it and the rest did not the Iphone fans would claim it just works cos it can.. well it does not cos the others do and it doesn't.
    01-06-12 11:37 AM
    Something is wrong with mine then. A full resolution photo takes about 5 minutes on my 4s. What network are you on?

5 minutes? Lol wtf. PM me if you want and I'll give you my email to test it.

I'm on VZW, and Wifi if possible. Just on VZW it is very fast as well.
    01-06-12 11:38 AM
    There's no argument.. it's a simple block. If the Iphone had it and the rest did not the Iphone fans would claim it just works cos it can.. well it does not cos the others do and it doesn't.
    Ok. That's cool. You can block people and I can't. That's a win for BBM and the blackberry. It should be included in iMessage and isn't. I'm sure we could build quite a wish list for iMessage and maybe a few features will be added. I hope for picture resizing before blocking though.

01-06-12 11:39 AM
    And you'll be surprised about how many people don't care.
    Actually they do, I see the question pop up all the time on BB UK facebook wall, they usually ask if there's an app for it lol
    01-06-12 11:40 AM
    Actually they do, I see the question pop up all the time on BB UK facebook wall, they usually ask if there's an app for it lol
    Interesting. I never see the question come up when talking with actual friends or anyone IRL. Just on forums, and it's not that many.

I've never had the need to block anyone. I know how but never needed it. I hope I never need to as well.
    01-06-12 11:42 AM
    Ok. I hope for picture resizing before blocking though.

BBM has that too
    01-06-12 11:43 AM
    Interesting. I never see the question come up when talking with actual friends or anyone IRL. Just on forums, and it's not that many.

I've never had the need to block anyone. I know how but never needed it. I hope I never need to as well.
    Oh, it's not just blocking people, telemarketers too once your number gets in the wrong database. I still get sms on an old number telling me I am entitled to a compensation for an accident yearsa ago lol. I only turn that on once in a while.
    01-06-12 11:45 AM

MMS doesn't send full resolution, maybe the delay is from resizing it.

MMS is the biggest rip off ever!
    01-06-12 11:48 AM
    BBM has that too
    I should hope so! BBM has been around longer than the 3 months iMessage has.

01-06-12 11:48 AM
    Oh, it's not just blocking people, telemarketers too once your number gets in the wrong database. I still get sms on an old number telling me I am entitled to a compensation for an accident yearsa ago lol. I only turn that on once in a while.
    Yea telemarketers don't call my phone. Only my house phone. That's why I am saying I hope I never have to block anyone because blocking numbers only deals with stupid things lol. You don't block numbers because you like them.

I barely answer my phone to random numbers anyways. I'll let them leave me a voicemail, and if they don't, screw em. lol
    01-06-12 11:50 AM
    Ever went on holiday abroad and as soon as you turn your phone on you get a few sms telling you you're now roaming etc and then again everytime your phone roams to a different network? They cost money and that's where a firewall is a godsend.
    01-06-12 11:53 AM
    I don't have a problem with spam SMS because iMessage has allowed me to disable/block SMS entirely and save $240 per year. That many people i know use iMessage! Google voice handles the 1 or 2 sms that I do get and those are easily blocked using GV.

01-06-12 11:53 AM
    Yea telemarketers don't call my phone. Only my house phone. That's why I am saying I hope I never have to block anyone because blocking numbers only deals with stupid things lol. You don't block numbers because you like them.

I barely answer my phone to random numbers anyways. I'll let them leave me a voicemail, and if they don't, screw em. lol
    I just answer and very abruptly tell them I'm not interested lol, but with sms they ask you to reply "STOP" which only makes them send you more lol. Block is better.
    01-06-12 11:56 AM
238 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD