I wouldn't say that she's the minority, unless you have stats to back up the claim. I was just like her when I had a blackberry. I couldn't be bothered to add people to BBM because of the hoops, not to mention people I know just don't use the berry anymore.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    I don't need stats, just look at how many Pin Sharing websites are popping out. Or go to Blackberry Facebook page and see how many people are posting their Pins on their wall or in comments.
    ritesh likes this.
    01-05-12 09:51 AM
    The PIN sharing forums mostly has teenagers and one time posters. That's not the majority.

Maybe I'm too old to have a BlackBerry. I should get a mature phone like an iPhone I guess.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-05-12 09:53 AM
    I wouldn't say that she's the minority, unless you have stats to back up the claim. I was just like her when I had a blackberry. I couldn't be bothered to add people to BBM because of the hoops, not to mention people I know just don't use the berry anymore.

I'm with Chrissy and you. I had 7 contacts on my BBM list. The boyfriend, 5 people in a BBM group I moderated and my sister's work BB. The 5 people in the BBM group also had my phone number so needless to say, we were and still are close.

I didn't add random people just to chat. I didn't have time for it. Sometimes it'd take me hours to respond to a BBM and I didn't need one person sending 40 BBMs asking where am I and don't even get me started on pings.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-05-12 09:54 AM
    The PIN sharing forums mostly has teenagers and one time posters. That's not the majority.

Maybe I'm too old to have a BlackBerry. I should get a mature phone like an iPhone I guess.
    And people wanting boob shots. Sorry. This aint Playboy.
    pantlesspenguin and moiselles like this.
    01-05-12 09:54 AM
    Slick double edged sword, anybody that has your phone number can imessage you and you can't stop it. Pins are there for a reason.

Anyway, BBM is no longer a messaging service, it's a social network, I look at it as an exclusive private club
    I still think of it as a messaging service and a social network. I like the idea of private pins and all the options I have within BBM.
    01-05-12 09:58 AM
    Well I call I message a success.

I'm in Halifax airport and wife flies to Toronto.
    At Toronto on turning on her BBM 9900 she is greated with JVM Error 529 (Epic Fail)

Free wifi and an Ipod Touch = imessage to me on my Ipod touch so I could BBM her lift.
    01-05-12 10:03 AM
    I don't need stats, just look at how many Pin Sharing websites are popping out. Or go to Blackberry Facebook page and see how many people are posting their Pins on their wall or in comments.
    Naturally you don't need statistics. I have absolutely no doubt that teenagers are using BBM as a social network, in Europe especially, but they're hardly the majority. And it's mainly bc it's free messaging.

They'll all switch to iMessage soon anyway. As goes 1. They'll get the free messaging they want on a device that does what they want. Best of both worlds for them.

Last edited by xandermac; 01-05-12 at 10:15 AM.
    01-05-12 10:03 AM
    iMessage is probably the greatest feature of iOS 5. It allows even WiFi-only iOS devices like iTouch and WiFi iPad to communicate with iPhone users. It's ridiculously good, and super seamless.
    JBenn911 likes this.
    01-05-12 10:09 AM
    iMessage is probably the greatest feature of iOS 5. It allows even WiFi-only iOS devices like iTouch and WiFi iPad to communicate with iPhone users. It's ridiculously good, and super seamless.
    Yet not immune to outages.
    01-05-12 10:20 AM
    Nothing is.
    01-05-12 10:25 AM
    What outage? Do you mean the few people in the linked thread? Is that an outage to you? Reaching a bit aren't you? I will say that both systems were reliable for me, I had glitches with BBM (and REAL outages) just as I have glitches with iMessage. Data isn't perfect.

JBenn911 likes this.
    01-05-12 10:26 AM
    Nope, sure isn't. In fact, I will guarantee future iMessage outages. I'll also guarantee future BBM/BES/BIS outages. That's how I roll.
    oldtimeBBaddict and JBenn911 like this.
    01-05-12 10:43 AM
    Yeauh. I'm not sure that a comparison of outages is his best looking argument.
    01-05-12 10:45 AM
    Nope, sure isn't. In fact, I will guarantee future iMessage outages. I'll also guarantee future BBM/BES/BIS outages. That's how I roll.
    Exactly, happens to all.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-05-12 10:45 AM
    Imessage on Iphone is obviously a failure. I remember when ifanboys called it the BBM killer hahahaha. lol

http://forums.tipb.com/ios-5-forum/2...-imessage.html
    Garbage post.

BTW imessage works great for me!
    01-05-12 12:29 PM
    Garbage post.

BTW imessage works great for me!
    If a mediocre product like Imessage which in all truth, is simply MMS for Apple devices works for you that's fine. I'm just saying for me, based on the numerous threads i've seen online.. it's a nightmare to get working in the first place.. then it's a nightmare cos you're never sure your messages are sent, delivered or read etc..

SMS and MMS have been around a million years so if they couldn't get that right.. it just straight up sucks. Text on BB and all other phones im sure show the sent and delivered status. MMS on BB show's sent, delivered and you can also get a read receipt. You just have to enable Allow delivery/read and Request delivery/read in the SMS/MMS options.

Anyway's.. the bottom line is it's mediocre right now and ya'll are just gonna have to accept the truth... cos the truth sets you free.

#Imjustsaying
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 01-06-12 at 08:17 AM.
    01-05-12 01:13 PM
    If a mediocre product like Imessage which in all truth, is simply MMS for Apple devices works for you that's fine. I'm just saying for me, based on the numerous threads i've seen online.. it's a nightmare to get working in the first place.. then it's a nightmare cos you're never sure your messages are sent, delivered or read etc..

SMS and MMS have been around a million years so if they couldn't get that right.. it just straight up sucks. Text on BB and all other phones im sure show the sent and delivered status. MMS on BB show's sent, delivered and you can also get a read receipt. You just have to enable Allow delivery/sent and Request delivery/sent in the SMS/MMS options.

Anyway's.. the bottom line is it's mediocre right now and ya'll are just gonna have to accept the truth... cos the truth sets you free.

#Imjustsaying
    Who wants a receipt for a txt mssg? Garbage post. LOL... Hilarious!! A read receipt for a mssg? Lol... Laughter is setting me free!
    01-05-12 01:19 PM

SMS and MMS have been around a million years so if they couldn't get that right.. it just straight up sucks. Text on BB and all other phones im sure show the sent and delivered status. MMS on BB show's sent, delivered and you can also get a read receipt. You just have to enable Allow delivery/sent and Request delivery/sent in the SMS/MMS options.

#Imjustsaying
    That was informative. Wrong, but informative. At least I now know its mediocre. Btw, there's a switch in iMessage to send read receipts (a simple message read indicator), and a typing indicator when someone is replying. As for turning it on, well, its on by default but you can enable/disable it by flicking a switch. difficult i know.

but as you've already said, these things don't exist so maybe i'll stop using it.

By the way, how do you disable BBM?

Last edited by xandermac; 01-05-12 at 01:31 PM.
    01-05-12 01:22 PM
    By the way, how do you disable BBM?
    Why would you disable a key feature that is being integrated into lots of apps? But if you had to it could be done from a BES or by removing the software the software from the phone.
    01-05-12 02:09 PM
    Why would you disable a key feature that is being integrated into lots of apps? But if you had to it could be done from a BES or by removing the software the software from the phone.
    Perhaps you just want the option. Or perhaps a security issue arises and it needs to be disabled. Any number of reasons including just plain not wanting it turned on.

01-05-12 02:12 PM
    Perhaps you just want the option. Or perhaps a security issue arises and it needs to be disabled. Any number of reasons including just plain not wanting it turned on.

You can delete it, simple.
    01-05-12 02:27 PM
    Not quite as simple as an on/off switch though. Not that it matters, pretty much the only selling point lately is BBM so I doubt many would turn it off even if the option were there.

You can delete it, simple.
    01-05-12 02:31 PM
    Not quite as simple as an on/off switch though. Not that it matters, pretty much the only selling point lately is BBM so I doubt many would turn it off even if the option were there.
    It's an "always on" service and no, it's not the only selling point but you probably don't care and wouldn't understand anyway.
    01-05-12 02:37 PM
    It's an "always on" service and no, it's not the only selling point but you probably don't care and wouldn't understand anyway.
    Well, having just switched from a blackberry after years of use & now seeing what the competition offers I'm going to say that I understand, or that my eyes have opened.

01-05-12 02:39 PM
    Well, having just switched from a blackberry after years of use & now seeing what the competition offers I'm going to say that I understand, or that my eyes have opened.

Happy for you although you seem very active here still, how come? Since your eyes are opened and you have moved on to the competition?
    01-05-12 02:58 PM
238 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD