You are joking right?

1) Email, Yes! iPhone emails are fully html and not truncated like blackberry plus I receive mail just as fast I did with my BB with the occasional 2min delay (big deal).
    2) Browsing, Yes! You seriously got to be joking here... iPhone has the best web experience hands down, even without Flash which barely works properly on other mobiles which supports it anyway. I'm not a Flash hater like some apple fans but even if you can't live without Flash, there is an app for that, SkyFire.
    3) Taking pics, Yes! Granted the default camera is not flawless, but the abundance of camera apps on the appstore to resolve that issue and offer loads of editing features is incredible..
    4) Battery life, Yes! From my personal experience, my iPhone 4 battery outshone my previous BB (storm2) by miles... I could never have used the Storm2 the way I would have liked, meaning loads of surfing and media playback on the move...with the iP4 it manages my heavy usage just fine, roughly 8 -10hours down to 30%, compared to my Storm2 which ranged about 4 hours of heavy use!
    Sorry my friend, I have to disagree with you!

To 1):
    Till now, there is still no better Email-machine than a BB.
    BBs have the best full physical keyboard and the push-servers a stunning fast and secure. I never had any problems with it (except the BIS server is down). There is no real need to load full html-sites. Just look at your data-traffic! With an Iphone you almost always have to take the "biggest" Internet-pack. I have the half costs compared to an Iphone user.
    And if I need some html-information I can click on "load" the page.

To 2):
    It`s true, that the Iphone has an awesome browser.
    It`s faster than any other, but no flash that�s also a heavy minus (for a phone in that class).
    In this case Android is unbeatable - you got full web only with a minimum on delay.
    Today I�d say OS6 browsing is "usable" - and keep in mind:
    Here it�s the same only 1/3 data-traffic!

To 3):
    The Iphone4 is the first Iphone with "usable" pictures, the first one with flash.
    But the 5Mpx. BB cam has a better sensor integrated.
    Take a pic with both (esp. at low light) and compare them on your pc - you will see the difference. Even the "old" 3,2Mpx. cam still takes better (quality) pics!

to 4):
    Sorry, but it�s hard to believe that an Iphone has a better batterylife than a blackberry. My Iphone friends always have to charge their phones before we go out, because otherwise the run outta juice in the club at night.
    With heavy usage my 2,5year old work horse ALWAYS lasts 24hours of usage! With less up to 2-3days.
    I have never seen an Iphone user with that.

It�s true, that the Iphone has a lot of better specs. - no doubt about it!
    But RIM isn�t dead, you have to compare it from a different ankle to see the advantages!

I understand Mike, when he says: "low res. screen and a slower processor - for more standby", it also costs less than the Iphone and has only 1/3 of data-traffic. That are some facts you also have to look at.
    Sure, if you want a multimedia-machine, go for an Iphone, it�s a good device!
    06-08-11 09:07 AM
    Sorry my friend, I have to disagree with you!

To 1):
    Till now, there is still no better Email-machine than a BB.
    BBs have the best full physical keyboard and the push-servers a stunning fast and secure. I never had any problems with it (except the BIS server is down). There is no real need to load full html-sites. Just look at your data-traffic! With an Iphone you almost always have to take the "biggest" Internet-pack. I have the half costs compared to an Iphone user.
    And if I need some html-information I can click on "load" the page.

To 2):
    It`s true, that the Iphone has an awesome browser.
    It`s faster than any other, but no flash that�s also a heavy minus (for a phone in that class).
    In this case Android is unbeatable - you got full web only with a minimum on delay.
    Today I�d say OS6 browsing is "usable" - and keep in mind:
    Here it�s the same only 1/3 data-traffic!

To 3):
    The Iphone4 is the first Iphone with "usable" pictures, the first one with flash.
    But the 5Mpx. BB cam has a better sensor integrated.
    Take a pic with both (esp. at low light) and compare them on your pc - you will see the difference. Even the "old" 3,2Mpx. cam still takes better (quality) pics!

to 4):
    Sorry, but it�s hard to believe that an Iphone has a better batterylife than a blackberry. My Iphone friends always have to charge their phones before we go out, because otherwise the run outta juice in the club at night.
    With heavy usage my 2,5year old work horse ALWAYS lasts 24hours of usage! With less up to 2-3days.
    I have never seen an Iphone user with that.

It�s true, that the Iphone has a lot of better specs. - no doubt about it!
    But RIM isn�t dead, you have to compare it from a different ankle to see the advantages!

I understand Mike, when he says: "low res. screen and a slower processor - for more standby", it also costs less than the Iphone and has only 1/3 of data-traffic. That are some facts you also have to look at.
    Sure, if you want a multimedia-machine, go for an Iphone, it�s a good device!
    Have to disagree with you;

1) iPhone email is just as good if not better than blackberry. You have full html, Have access to all your account folders for any account and no email truncation.

2) Are you defending blackberry or Android? You can't use use blackberry email as being better then say Android web browsing. So VS blackebrry, iPhone web browsing is 10 times better. And you've probably never even used an Android but flash has very poor performance on most devices making it unusable. If flash was a big of a deal as you want to make it to be then Apple wouldn't be selling devices like they are.

3) What? iPhone cameras are better than Blackberry. No question.

4) I don't think the iPhone has better battery life than the average blackberry but for a device that does everything is does, it has very good life, especially the iPhone 4. On a blackberry you're not doing half the stuff that people are doing on an iPhone so you're not using battery life and combine that with compressed data and a tiny screen of course battery life is better overall. But I can get a weeks out of an old flip phone doesn't mean I want to use it.

Lastly, I agree RIM isn't dead but you need to reevaluate iOS because many of your statements appear to be off of what you heard and not what you've used. Just my thoughts.
    Questionmark and The Gift like this.
    06-08-11 09:17 AM
    I bet anything the next iPhone will have a indicator light for notifications similiar to BB. If the next iPhone has an external notification I'm the first to jump off the RIM ship. That's all I need....an external notification and imessage.
    in iOS 5, the iPhone 4 camera flash can be enabled to light up for notifications.
    06-08-11 09:22 AM
    ashamed of top battery life, more data for the money, more choices of form factor, integrated messenger, best push email, basic functions that works no matter the daylight saving period we re in, more choices of smartphones cost, smarter usage of the bandwidth, alarm clock that rings when phone is turned off, best physical keyboard of the industry, standard audio, data, charging ports, remote or local backup, top level security, celebrity must have, drm free music, highly secure servers, one data plan for both tablet and smartphone.

in a few weeks or months, augmented reality, wow screen with high dpis, high specs in terms of processor, ram, screen, sensors, open market to android.

a company based on r&d that focuses on bringing the full web to mobile rather than creating an app market for something that already exist? a ceo engaged in sustainable development, trying to bring secure and accessible communication in developing countries.

yeah that is embbarassing to defend.
    I love how you neglected to mention truncated emails, necessary battery pulls, shamefully-slow browsing...
    Last edited by dave1812; 06-08-11 at 09:43 AM.
    06-08-11 09:40 AM
    Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but there's a rundown of iMessage on Macrumors and it's fully integrated into the SMS app. You never choose to send an iMessage on the iPhone, it automatically detects whether your friend has an iPhone, and then the SMS is sent as an iMessage instead.

Essentially you have no choice in the matter, so the usage for iMessage are going to be enormous. I still sometimes SMS friends who have BBM, but with iMessage the decision is made for me.
    06-08-11 09:55 AM
    Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but there's a rundown of iMessage on Macrumors and it's fully integrated into the SMS app. You never choose to send an iMessage on the iPhone, it automatically detects whether your friend has an iPhone, and then the SMS is sent as an iMessage instead.

Essentially you have no choice in the matter, so the usage for iMessage are going to be enormous. I still sometimes SMS friends who have BBM, but with iMessage the decision is made for me.
    I'm ambivalent about not having a choice in the matter (I generally rail long and loud about how "dumbed down" iOS is, in general) but when I'm composing a message on my Storm, I'm faced with a long list of methods to contact someone! It would be nice if RIM could allow us to set a default method for contacting each person, allowing us to skip a layer of choices, so that we can just get down to typing the message. For example, there is a Compose icon on my Storm. I open it to a list of contacts. When I click a contact, instead of going to the menu for messaging, the FIRST thing the app wants to do is CALL the contact!! How dumb is that. duh--it's a COMPOSE app--not a dialer.
    06-08-11 10:02 AM
    I'm ambivalent about not having a choice in the matter (I generally rail long and loud about how "dumbed down" iOS is, in general) but when I'm composing a message on my Storm, I'm faced with a long list of methods to contact someone! It would be nice if RIM could allow us to set a default method for contacting each person, allowing us to skip a layer of choices, so that we can just get down to typing the message. For example, there is a Compose icon on my Storm. I open it to a list of contacts. When I click a contact, instead of going to the menu for messaging, the FIRST thing the app wants to do is CALL the contact!! How dumb is that. duh--it's a COMPOSE app--not a dialer.
    This does not happen in OS6 and by the way, going to contacts is not the Compose option, you have a separate icon for Composing and on a qwerty blackberry that's accesed by symply pressing C

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-11 10:44 AM
    This does not happen in OS6 and by the way, going to contacts is not the Compose option, you have a separate icon for Composing and on a qwerty blackberry that's accesed by symply pressing C

having a reading comprehension problem this morning?

I already said the issue is present when using the COMPOSE feature. I'm well aware of Contacts vs Compose.

Also, my POS S2 can't run OS6.
    06-08-11 11:01 AM
    having a reading comprehension problem this morning?

I already said the issue is present when using the COMPOSE feature. I'm well aware of Contacts vs Compose.

Also, my POS S2 can't run OS6.
    Lol, yes, looks like I do, sorry. Sounds strange. Did you try a long press?

By the way, it's late afternoon here
    06-08-11 11:07 AM

You can turn it off

and I think BBM would benefit from copying this feature. PINs are BS and so is having to get a new pin and losing contacts each time. Their phones should be able whether the person they are texting is on a BB or not... They run on the same servers...

This feature is the best part about their messaging program.
    06-08-11 11:07 AM
    You can turn it off

and I think BBM would benefit from copying this feature. PINs are BS and so is having to get a new pin and losing contacts each time. Their phones should be able whether the person they are texting is on a BB or not... They run on the same servers...

This feature is the best part about their messaging program.
    You don't lose contacts if you get a new pin, you can have bbm set to back up via email or memory card, once you restore to the new blackberry your new pin is updated for all your contacts automatically.

However, I do agree a bbm discovery option would be nice but then again, some people, like me as well in a way, prefer to keep bbm for just a few close family and friends/clients.

I would not want everybody to be on my bbm. I think of it as a private club for the chosen few lol

06-08-11 11:13 AM
    Lol, yes, looks like I do, sorry. Sounds strange. Did you try a long press?

By the way, it's late afternoon here
    no long press.

LOL! ah, I know you are in the UK...
    06-08-11 11:20 AM
    You don't lose contacts if you get a new pin, you can have bbm set to back up via email or memory card, once you restore to the new blackberry your new pin is updated for all your contacts automatically.

However, I do agree a bbm discovery option would be nice but then again, some people, like me as well in a way, prefer to keep bbm for just a few close family and friends/clients.

I would not want everybody to be on my bbm. I think of it as a private club for the chosen few lol

therein lies RIM's problems. There are too few BBM'ers.
    06-08-11 11:22 AM

I can understand that, but the option to turn it off or on?

For me, I know people who have BBs and they have no clue about BBM, have never used it etc. It'd be nice to BBM with people I meet automatically. I feel it's such a nice way to communicate. Seamless, easy.

Alls I am saying is that there needs to be flexibility, choice and above all an easier way to transition into the messenger service (by doing what apple does.)

Besides- we all know that if more people knew about BBM in the US it could only help RIM's position. It really is a secret and I didn't even know about it until I got a BB and saw a friend post her pin....
    06-08-11 11:27 AM
    Not really, I lent my spare BB 9700 to my 15 year old niece when her iphone broke and within 2-3 days she had 37 bbm friends on it.

06-08-11 11:47 AM
    LOL compared to iOS users sure, but I would hardly describe the total amount of subscribers to BIS/BES as "few"...
    06-08-11 12:17 PM
    From an enterprise perspective, BBM poses a huge problem. I know most companies disable BBM use through BES. The reason is quite simple. BBM is attached to the device, not the user. When a CEO of a company gets a new BB, his BBM's will still go to the older device. This has caused major problems, and also the inability to reuse BB's in the enterprise. There have been reported cases of people getting other people's BBM because of this practice.

Once a BB is out of warranty it must be destroyed. Not very environmentally friendly, but it's a fact of life in the enterprise.

I'm guessing iMessage will be disabled for the Enterprise as well.

-Kang
    06-08-11 12:49 PM
    LOL compared to iOS users sure, but I would hardly describe the total amount of subscribers to BIS/BES as "few"...
    There's a difference between "BBMers" and BIS/BES users. Your assumption is that everyone who is on BIS/BES and using a blackberry cares about BBM. And that couldn't be further from the truth.
    06-08-11 01:10 PM
    From an enterprise perspective, BBM poses a huge problem. I know most companies disable BBM use through BES. The reason is quite simple. BBM is attached to the device, not the user. When a CEO of a company gets a new BB, his BBM's will still go to the older device. This has caused major problems, and also the inability to reuse BB's in the enterprise. There have been reported cases of people getting other people's BBM because of this practice.

Once a BB is out of warranty it must be destroyed. Not very environmentally friendly, but it's a fact of life in the enterprise.

I'm guessing iMessage will be disabled for the Enterprise as well.

-Kang
    And let's not forget getting other people's email if that PIN is still attached to that user's email accounts. I wonder how many people on eBay buy blackeberries and constantly get emails and BBMs from the seller's contacts. Although the it's the seller's responsibility to get rid of this information, this poses a huge risk of confidential and personal information being compromised. Shouldn't have to go through all that. With an iPhone or Android device, simply wipe it and you're done. Let the new user activate it with their info and they're good.
    06-08-11 01:14 PM
    And let's not forget getting other people's email if that PIN is still attached to that user's email accounts. I wonder how many people on eBay buy blackeberries and constantly get emails and BBMs from the seller's contacts. Although the it's the seller's responsibility to get rid of this information, this poses a huge risk of confidential and personal information being compromised. Shouldn't have to go through all that. With an iPhone or Android device, simply wipe it and you're done. Let the new user activate it with their info and they're good.
    Huh? Only the PIN stays with the blackberry not the emails, unwanted bbm-ers can be blocked forever and where did you get the idea that a blackberry can't be wiped? Blackberry probably was the first to have a wipe.

06-08-11 01:42 PM
    Huh? Only the PIN stays with the blackberry not the emails, unwanted bbm-ers can be blocked forever and where did you get the idea that a blackberry can't be wiped? Blackberry probably was the first to have a wipe.

I never said a BB can't be wiped. But that's not the end of it. If a person set up their emails on their carrier's BIS site, you have to add the PIN of the device you are using and then send service books so it's pushed to the device. So what happens is that if I now give my blackberry to my brother, the PIN on that device is still linked to the emails I set up on the BIS site. So when service books are pushed to the device, he will now get my emails. So I have to physically go to the BIS site and either change/remove the PIN or delete all the emails. Trust me, I know because I've bought plenty of blackberries where I received the previous owners emails because they didn't unlink the PIN from their account. This is nothing new to blackberry. In most cases the original owner has no idea about this stuff.

Read here for related issues:

Getting someone else's personal email - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/some...p-my-pearl-56/

This is something I've experienced many times over having to get in contact with the seller and tell them what they need to do or sit on a phone with the carrier to let them know how to fix it.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 06-08-11 at 02:12 PM.
    06-08-11 01:50 PM
    I never said a BB can't be wiped. But that's not the end of it. If a person set up their emails on their carrier's BIS site, you have to add the PIN of the device you are using and then send service books so it's pushed to the device. So what happens is that if I now give my blackberry to my brother, the PIN on that device is still linked to the emails I set up on the BIS site. So when service books are pushed to the device, he will not get my emails. So I have to physically go to the BIS site and either change/remove the PIN or delete all the emails. Trust me, I know because I've bought plenty of blackberries where I received the previous owners emails because they didn't unlink the PIN from their account. This is nothing new to blackberry. In most cases the original owner has no idea about this stuff.

Read here for related issues:

Getting someone else's personal email - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/some...p-my-pearl-56/

This is something I've experienced many times over having to get in contact with the seller and tell them what they need to do or sit on a phone with the carrier to let them know how to fix it.
    Is this by any chance on a CDMA blackberry? I don't see how this would happen on a GSM device as everything is connected to the sim card.

06-08-11 01:58 PM

When I sold my first curve, I wiped it and still received a call from the new owner saying they were getting my emails. It's possible...
    06-08-11 01:59 PM
    As soon as you put your sim into a new blackberry all service books get moved to the new device and new pin.

06-08-11 02:02 PM
    When I sold my first curve, I wiped it and still received a call from the new owner saying they were getting my emails. It's possible...
    Again, this must be a cdma thing.

06-08-11 02:05 PM
262 ... 7891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD