I wasn't aware Verizon was a global company.

And I do not for a second thing it is the 4G element of the Android phones that is making them sell like they are, it very much is the all touch screen, or the horizontal slider form factors which RIM does not offer in any compelling shape or form on Verizon.

consumers proved when 3G was launched that the quantity of G's wasn't all that mattered as the Curve was not compatible with 3G yet sold very very well
    I wasn't aware I claimed Verizon was global. RIM is moribund--face it.

why are u dredging up ancient history? (oh that's right--to try to prove a point that IN THE PAST, RIM was on top of the world. that was then. this is now)

RIM Declines as Analysts See Apple’s IMessage as New Threat - Bloomberg
    Last edited by dave1812; 06-07-11 at 08:12 PM.
    06-07-11 08:09 PM

why are u dredging up ancient history? (oh that's right--to try to prove a point that IN THE PAST, RIM was on top of the world. that was then. this is now)

RIM Declines as Analysts See Apple�€™s IMessage as New Threat - Bloomberg
    Some people will never let go and will always be in denial.

When was the last time RIM released a new and competitive mobile device?
    06-07-11 08:36 PM

RIM Declines as Analysts See Apple’s IMessage as New Threat - Bloomberg
    You directly disagreed with my 4G comment, and I said 4G wont be wide spread SPECIFICALLY stating Not just in the USA,

and dredging up "ancient" history is not to prove a point that RIM once was on top, but that consumer purchasing patterns dictate that they don't purchase purely based on speed of data, which is the 4G argument.

thanks for coming out.

I think VERY much iMessage is a thread to RIM, my argument is that they should focus on stuff like that and that 4G is a pointless thing to chance in the short term
    06-07-11 08:38 PM
    Im already selling my torch. Bye Bye RIM

im gonna miss some contacts, but the udates to this phone are just pathetic. No new features added in more than a year. I got bored with it
    more than a year eh? That phone hasn't been out more than a year. See ya
    06-07-11 08:38 PM
    Some people will never let go and will always be in denial.

When was the last time RIM released a new and competitive mobile device?
    Problem is that they always throw the excuse about "the device works for me and its fine", even when its outdated/crappy/slow. There is nothing you can do to change that. I bet the people saying that apple copied RIM didn't even bother watching the video with the highlighted features or digging up more to see what they were about. Apple implemented something similar blackberry had? sure, but they did it in a more innovative consumer oriented way.

Just by looking at the notification center, its clear it sh*ts all over the "today" functionality of a blackberry. Just looking at the new tasks app, it sh*ts on the blackberry native tasks app. They added native photo editing and cropping, something blackberry doesn't have. They have added a crapload of features, innovative things, they may be simple and similar to others, but they enhance the usage of the device. Industrial design at its best to enhance usability. Look at the lock screen, it is actually interesting how apple goes trying to simplify every little thing.

Yeah, their sales practice is a POS, with the iTunes trash, limiting storage sizes and not providing microsd slot and stuff and that and this. But damn, apple has a much better and impressive team of industrial designers that work in such a harmony with programers that no other company can match up, or well, probably google. This is why apple has set the boom with the iPod, iPhone, iPad, iWhatever. They always make it in such a way that it impacts the customer heavily.

Im not an apple fanboy, nor am i a blackberry fanboy, i see things as they are, but saying that the level of industrial design of apple is equal to any other smartphone manufacturer is just a plain lie. Apple knows how to design stuff and bring "wow" stuff up to the table. Not to mention their marketing campaign is a monstrosity.
    06-07-11 08:54 PM
    You directly disagreed with my 4G comment, and I said 4G wont be wide spread SPECIFICALLY stating Not just in the USA,

and dredging up "ancient" history is not to prove a point that RIM once was on top, but that consumer purchasing patterns dictate that they don't purchase purely based on speed of data, which is the 4G argument.

thanks for coming out.

I think VERY much iMessage is a thread to RIM, my argument is that they should focus on stuff like that and that 4G is a pointless thing to chance in the short term
    "coming out"?? what--do I look like a turtle?

My whole point in this debate is that I don't believe RIM is in as good a shape as you think it is. Let's agree to disagree, as we'll not likely ever share the same sentiment regarding RIM.
    06-07-11 09:10 PM
    Problem is that they always throw the excuse about "the device works for me and its fine", even when its outdated/crappy/slow.
    You are so right about that. If I were a BB enthusiast, I would personally be embarrassed to defend any BB device on the market at the moment.

Never mind high end devices, It's shameful that RIM's best device cant even compete with the competitions mid range devices.
    06-07-11 09:11 PM
    Problem is that they always throw the excuse about "the device works for me and its fine", even when its outdated/crappy/slow. There is nothing you can do to change that. I bet the people saying that apple copied RIM didn't even bother watching the video with the highlighted features or digging up more to see what they were about. Apple implemented something similar blackberry had? sure, but they did it in a more innovative consumer oriented way.

Just by looking at the notification center, its clear it sh*ts all over the "today" functionality of a blackberry. Just looking at the new tasks app, it sh*ts on the blackberry native tasks app. They added native photo editing and cropping, something blackberry doesn't have. They have added a crapload of features, innovative things, they may be simple and similar to others, but they enhance the usage of the device. Industrial design at its best to enhance usability. Look at the lock screen, it is actually interesting how apple goes trying to simplify every little thing.

Yeah, their sales practice is a POS, with the iTunes trash, limiting storage sizes and not providing microsd slot and stuff and that and this. But damn, apple has a much better and impressive team of industrial designers that work in such a harmony with programers that no other company can match up, or well, probably google. This is why apple has set the boom with the iPod, iPhone, iPad, iWhatever. They always make it in such a way that it impacts the customer heavily.

Im not an apple fanboy, nor am i a blackberry fanboy, i see things as they are, but saying that the level of industrial design of apple is equal to any other smartphone manufacturer is just a plain lie. Apple knows how to design stuff and bring "wow" stuff up to the table. Not to mention their marketing campaign is a monstrosity.
    It's not even so much what Apple or Android has done (arguably) RIGHT--it's how badly RIM has failed it's customers, who are leaving in droves--both consumer AND corporate customers. Also, government entities. There's very little hope when you have the kind of personalities that are co-CEO'ing (there-I made up a word!) RIM.
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    06-07-11 09:13 PM
    It's not even so much what Apple or Android has done (arguably) RIGHT--it's how badly RIM has failed it's customers, who are leaving in droves--both consumer AND corporate customers. Also, government entities. There's very little hope when you have the kind of personalities that are co-CEO'ing (there-I made up a word!) RIM.
    I don't believe RIM Failed it's customers

RIM certainly failed it's share holders, there are MANY very happy users of RIM products, That says nothing to these users intelligence or ignorance, RIM does things very differently than Apple, and Android, and to some myself included RIM's UI is better than the competition, to some form factor matters more than Specs, and to some data consumption is actually something they must monitor, is their a market for a Blackberry that has cutting edge specs, for sure, will RIM ever make that Blackberry, I wouldn't bet on it.
    Has RIM made a lot of Mistakes? DAMN RIGHT, are they still too slow to get product to the people, you bet ya, are they are risk of Killing their crown jewel while Apple is trying to develop another for their crown, I fear it so.
    ritesh likes this.
    06-07-11 09:27 PM
    I don't believe RIM Failed it's customers

RIM certainly failed it's share holders, there are MANY very happy users of RIM products, That says nothing to these users intelligence or ignorance, RIM does things very differently than Apple, and Android, and to some myself included RIM's UI is better than the competition, to some form factor matters more than Specs, and to some data consumption is actually something they must monitor, is their a market for a Blackberry that has cutting edge specs, for sure, will RIM ever make that Blackberry, I wouldn't bet on it.
    Has RIM made a lot of Mistakes? DAMN RIGHT, are they still too slow to get product to the people, you bet ya, are they are risk of Killing their crown jewel while Apple is trying to develop another for their crown, I fear it so.
    Since we'll never agree, I give u the last word of the night. We can always debate another day...'night!
    06-07-11 09:48 PM
    I think this iMessage will cause some problems, the battery of an iPhone without iMessage is not one of the best, if you use internet a lot, you cannot use your iPhone for 1 day, and now with an application that is connected everytime with 3G or Wifi, a lot of people will complain about the battery. Thats why in this case I prefer BB which I can get 2 days or more withou charging
    06-08-11 02:12 AM
    You are so right about that. If I were a BB enthusiast, I would personally be embarrassed to defend any BB device on the market at the moment.

Never mind high end devices, It's shameful that RIM's best device cant even compete with the competitions mid range devices.
    ashamed of top battery life, more data for the money, more choices of form factor, integrated messenger, best push email, basic functions that works no matter the daylight saving period we re in, more choices of smartphones cost, smarter usage of the bandwidth, alarm clock that rings when phone is turned off, best physical keyboard of the industry, standard audio, data, charging ports, remote or local backup, top level security, celebrity must have, drm free music, highly secure servers, one data plan for both tablet and smartphone.

in a few weeks or months, augmented reality, wow screen with high dpis, high specs in terms of processor, ram, screen, sensors, open market to android.

a company based on r&d that focuses on bringing the full web to mobile rather than creating an app market for something that already exist? a ceo engaged in sustainable development, trying to bring secure and accessible communication in developing countries.

yeah that is embbarassing to defend.
    ritesh likes this.
    06-08-11 02:44 AM
    Myabe this would be a good time for RIM to make BBM a complete message center for all major IM services ?
    All in one app, that might pursuade people to continue using their BB if they can add their G-Talk, MSN, AIM, etc contacts in it.
    That instantly makes the BB more 'cross-platform' without any hassle.
    06-08-11 04:03 AM
    I wonder how are they gonna make it work without a NOC, if you send a message and the other person has the phone off what happens to your message?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The same thing that happens with push notifications on any platform. They get held until the phone turns on and logs in, then they are pushed to the device.

The sender will see their device as Sent until then, then it will be delivered, and when the person reads it it will be marked as read.

As long as it's as fast as a traditional IM service, most people won't care. ****, it could be as fast as most people's tech messaging (New Years Day notwithstanding) and they would still use it simply because it's convenient and the number of people they can communicate with it (when you include WiFi iPads and iTouches) is significantly larger.

I might get an iTouch just to use this. Almost everyone I know at my rink has an iPhone, and there is WiFi at the rink + my Android has WiFi Hotspot.
    06-08-11 04:14 AM
    You're right.I haven't lived under a dictator. If I was a Navy Seal (I've heard they all use BBM to coordinate their attacks/ keep track of all party members via PING) or if I was a ninja and didn't want my opposing clan members finding my secret lair high in the mountain tops..then I would seriously consider against any of these "other" phones. But I'm only speaking for us more regular folk who live in cities and suburbs.
    Lol. You heard what?
    06-08-11 04:17 AM
    The same thing that happens with push notifications on any platform. They get held until the phone turns on and logs in, then they are pushed to the device.

The sender will see their device as Sent until then, then it will be delivered, and when the person reads it it will be marked as read.

As long as it's as fast as a traditional IM service, most people won't care. ****, it could be as fast as most people's tech messaging (New Years Day notwithstanding) and they would still use it simply because it's convenient and the number of people they can communicate with it (when you include WiFi iPads and iTouches) is significantly larger.

I might get an iTouch just to use this. Almost everyone I know at my rink has an iPhone, and there is WiFi at the rink + my Android has WiFi Hotspot.
    The problem with itouches and wifi ipads is this, how do you know when the other person is online? How do you communicate to organize simultaneous online time to be able to communicate? It defeats the purpose of an IM client.
    The idea sounds good but the reality will prove a little different.
    Itouches and wifi ipads already have other established ways to communicate with eachother and the world.

06-08-11 04:38 AM
    I'm not sure what you mean by doing stuff in each app separately.

All my messages come into a single message box although I can choose to look at different email addresses if I want.

My texts and BBMs also come into that single message box. If I choose to respond to a BBM once I open the message it automatically shoots me into BBM app. I write my note hit send and then I'm back in my message box again. Same with texts etc.

But somebody pointed out that with BBs have push technology and the message is instantly delivered which is still an advantage.

I wonder with the new iMessages what happens if somebody message somebody who only has the iPod and the receipient isn't anywhere near a wi-fi to pick up the message? How is delivery managed?

What if I want to iMessage my friend in Paris and I'm in Canada will there be long distance charges associated to this?

I know with BBMs there isn't long distance. And if I get a local carrier sim card with Data any one of my BBM contacts in the world can BBM me without anybody incurring any long distance and/or roaming charges.
    He's talking about something like this, which Apple and Microsoft will be doing in WP7 Mango and iOS5: Messenger will be seamlessly built into Windows Phone, bringing texting and IM together (Sorry, I cannot find any decent iMessager screenshots, they're all too small and borderline illegible/undreadable).

The Yahoo Messenger App on some platforms (like Android) does the same thing when you use SMS and IM with the same person in one conversation or across conversations. It automatically switches based on where the person is available (and their status). So, if they're Invisible or "Away" on WLM and/or Facebook, the phone will send an SMS instead (because they can be logged into WLM/FB on a computer, but still have their mobile phone with them), etc. etc.

iMessage and the in-built WLM/FB Chat on iOS/WP7 is great, but I think the real game changes are the way those OSes are building in support for Social Networks and other services. iOS5 will integrate Twitter at the system level. WP7 Mango will integrate Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Windows Live (obviously) at the system level. iCloud, SkyDrive, Office Mobile with Native SkyDrive Support. App Stores. iTunes Store/Zune and ZunePass, etc.

That gets rid of 2-6 separate applications someone on an OS like Blackberry or Android would have to install (Twitter, Facebook (Andorid OEM FB Integration lack push notifications and chat), LinkedIn Android Client, and something like Trillian - Yahoo Mail + Mesenger or Trillian if you use that service and want Push Email, as well).

I think a smartphone should be just that. Smart, giving you tons of functionality in a neat and efficient package not requiring you to install a thousand applications to do trivial things. Apps are for games, specific use case applications, and accessing certain services. Not for pretty much ubiquitous services like Windows Live, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and accessing services owned by the OS developer (i.e. Google has an app for all their services, instead of integrating them into the system similar to what Microsoft is doing with WP7 via Hubs).

I think RIM needs to acquire some services, or partner with someone Like Microsoft to make those services more accessible on Blackberries. Blackberries with Zune Pass, Bing Maps with Voice Nav, XBL, ActiveSync support, etc. would be nice... Meh... Pipe dream, I know...

The already have business, to a large extent. They need to take a time out and make consumers #1 for a time and develop compelling devices and services stacks for consumers.

People tend to prefer what their friends are using, to a large extend. Corporate purchased BBs that people only use for 7hrs a day 5 days a week that sit in a drawer otherwise as they use their Android/iOS/whatever devices do not make for great peer to peer advertisement/endorsements.

Personally, I think it's all about the services these days, and Apple/Microsoft seem to have a slight advantage due to their positions in the Desktop Market. The Anti-Trust handcuffs are off Microsoft so now they're integrating Windows Live into every nook and cranny into Windows 8. It will become hard to find people with Windows PCs without a Windows Live ID, and similar for Apple and their services/Macs. Google and RIM/HP don't have this avenue by which they can lure users into their ecosystem - knowingly or not.

Google has ChromeOS, but it's a piece of crap. Don't think it will change much if anything.

The problem with itouches and wifi ipads is this, how do you know when the other person is online? How do you communicate to organize simultaneous online time to be able to communicate? It defeats the purpose of an IM client.
    The idea sounds good but the reality will prove a little different.
    Itouches and wifi ipads already have other established ways to communicate with eachother and the world.

Apple can give you a status indicator (presence) just like BBM or any other traditional IM service (seriously, do you think they haven't considered this, it's quite trivial).

And you get S/D/R tags on the messages. Even if they're online, doesn't mean the device is on them and they will read the message immediately, anyways...

iMessage will usurp everything else as the established way to communicate with other iDevices, so what exists now doesn't matter. Before BBM, BB users uses SMS, now they use BBM. It isn't hard to figure this out :P
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    06-08-11 04:57 AM
    I wasn't aware Verizon was a global company.

And I do not for a second thing it is the 4G element of the Android phones that is making them sell like they are, it very much is the all touch screen, or the horizontal slider form factors which RIM does not offer in any compelling shape or form on Verizon.

consumers proved when 3G was launched that the quantity of G's wasn't all that mattered as the Curve was not compatible with 3G yet sold very very well
    Whether Verizon is global is a non-factor.

Most phones sold in the US are carrier locked with specific bands for that carrier. If the phone works with those bands in another Country, congratulations, but carriers are using different bands for 4G (both HSPA+ and LTE) so I wouldn't bet on that.

A US 4G phone is 90% not likely to get 4G in another country. Same for phones from other countries, unless they come with LTE/HSPA+ radios that have every band in them (like the Nokia Penta-Band GSM devices do). I don't think we'll see that in the immediate future, though.

The curve Sold Well becasue lots of areas did not have good 3G coverage, or had spotty 3G coverage - the benefit of 3G wasn't as great.

In some areas data is expensive so going with a 2G phone that uses liberal data compression makes economic sense, especially when the device is uber cheap.

And, lots of people didn't use their smartphones the way lots of people are using them today - for liberal media consumption, almost desktop-class web browsing, and PMP-level Video/Music playback. The Curve Still sells well, but it has more to do with data prices and availability in some areas than the data speed differences between 3G and 4G.

You are overrating how important the keyboard is. Worldwide and US marketshare numbers recently and over the past year or so show that tons of people really can care less whether their phone has a keyboard or touchscreen. RIM has lost too much marketshare to use that excuse, IMO.
    06-08-11 05:08 AM
    Sure it's the last "big thing" BBM offered, which others didn't...

But only because of that you can't say RIM is dead.

RIM is losing ground on the US-market, but it's not only market in the world. I just watched Mike interview at the "D" and he is not that wrong. I mean just look to asia or the middle east, that markets are growing like no others - the often only run on 2G.
    And even they have 3G, you also get two BB 9300 for one Iphone. In this countries the price also counts.

It's true, that the Iphone is faster and more stylish, but what really can do it better? Email? No! Browsing? Fast yes, but no flash! Taking pics? No! Batterylife? No way!

For me personally, my old 8900 fullfills my needs!
    And still, when there is buisness - there will be a blackberry.

Can't wait for the 9900, but I don't see a real advantage in an Iphone.

I also was hoping for more the last few years, but they are not dead!

06-08-11 05:27 AM
    He's talking about something like this, which Apple and Microsoft will be doing in WP7 Mango and iOS5: Messenger will be seamlessly built into Windows Phone, bringing texting and IM together (Sorry, I cannot find any decent iMessager screenshots, they're all too small and borderline illegible/undreadable).

The Yahoo Messenger App on some platforms (like Android) does the same thing when you use SMS and IM with the same person in one conversation or across conversations. It automatically switches based on where the person is available (and their status). So, if they're Invisible or "Away" on WLM and/or Facebook, the phone will send an SMS instead (because they can be logged into WLM/FB on a computer, but still have their mobile phone with them), etc. etc.

iMessage and the in-built WLM/FB Chat on iOS/WP7 is great, but I think the real game changes are the way those OSes are building in support for Social Networks and other services. iOS5 will integrate Twitter at the system level. WP7 Mango will integrate Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Windows Live (obviously) at the system level. iCloud, SkyDrive, Office Mobile with Native SkyDrive Support. App Stores. iTunes Store/Zune and ZunePass, etc.

That gets rid of 2-6 separate applications someone on an OS like Blackberry or Android would have to install (Twitter, Facebook (Andorid OEM FB Integration lack push notifications and chat), LinkedIn Android Client, and something like Trillian - Yahoo Mail + Mesenger or Trillian if you use that service and want Push Email, as well).

I think a smartphone should be just that. Smart, giving you tons of functionality in a neat and efficient package not requiring you to install a thousand applications to do trivial things. Apps are for games, specific use case applications, and accessing certain services. Not for pretty much ubiquitous services like Windows Live, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and accessing services owned by the OS developer (i.e. Google has an app for all their services, instead of integrating them into the system similar to what Microsoft is doing with WP7 via Hubs).

I think RIM needs to acquire some services, or partner with someone Like Microsoft to make those services more accessible on Blackberries. Blackberries with Zune Pass, Bing Maps with Voice Nav, XBL, ActiveSync support, etc. would be nice... Meh... Pipe dream, I know...

The already have business, to a large extent. They need to take a time out and make consumers #1 for a time and develop compelling devices and services stacks for consumers.

People tend to prefer what their friends are using, to a large extend. Corporate purchased BBs that people only use for 7hrs a day 5 days a week that sit in a drawer otherwise as they use their Android/iOS/whatever devices do not make for great peer to peer advertisement/endorsements.

Personally, I think it's all about the services these days, and Apple/Microsoft seem to have a slight advantage due to their positions in the Desktop Market. The Anti-Trust handcuffs are off Microsoft so now they're integrating Windows Live into every nook and cranny into Windows 8. It will become hard to find people with Windows PCs without a Windows Live ID, and similar for Apple and their services/Macs. Google and RIM/HP don't have this avenue by which they can lure users into their ecosystem - knowingly or not.

Google has ChromeOS, but it's a piece of crap. Don't think it will change much if anything.

Apple can give you a status indicator (presence) just like BBM or any other traditional IM service (seriously, do you think they haven't considered this, it's quite trivial).

And you get S/D/R tags on the messages. Even if they're online, doesn't mean the device is on them and they will read the message immediately, anyways...

iMessage will usurp everything else as the established way to communicate with other iDevices, so what exists now doesn't matter. Before BBM, BB users uses SMS, now they use BBM. It isn't hard to figure this out :P
    Can you please explain what do you mean about IOS5 having twitter at system level? I thought all IM clients, facebook and twitter were built at system level on blackberry and social feeds brings them all together in one neat app as well as RSS feeds.

Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 06-08-11 at 05:31 AM.
    06-08-11 05:29 AM
    It's true, that the Iphone is faster and more stylish, but what really can do it better? Email? No! Browsing? Fast yes, but no flash! Taking pics? No! Batterylife? No way!

You are joking right?

1) Email, Yes! iPhone emails are fully html and not truncated like blackberry plus I receive mail just as fast I did with my BB with the occasional 2min delay (big deal).
    2) Browsing, Yes! You seriously got to be joking here... iPhone has the best web experience hands down, even without Flash which barely works properly on other mobiles which supports it anyway. I'm not a Flash hater like some apple fans but even if you can't live without Flash, there is an app for that, SkyFire.
    3) Taking pics, Yes! Granted the default camera is not flawless, but the abundance of camera apps on the appstore to resolve that issue and offer loads of editing features is incredible..
    4) Battery life, Yes! From my personal experience, my iPhone 4 battery outshone my previous BB (storm2) by miles... I could never have used the Storm2 the way I would have liked, meaning loads of surfing and media playback on the move...with the iP4 it manages my heavy usage just fine, roughly 8 -10hours down to 30%, compared to my Storm2 which ranged about 4 hours of heavy use!
    Last edited by The Gift; 06-08-11 at 08:25 AM.
    06-08-11 08:19 AM
    You are joking right?

1) Email, Yes! iPhone emails are fully html and not truncated like blackberry plus I receive mail just as fast I did with my BB with the occasional 2min delay (big deal).
    2) Browsing, Yes! You seriously got to be joking here... iPhone has the best web experience hands down, even without Flash which barely works properly on other mobiles which supports it anyway. I'm not a Flash hater like some apple fans but even if you can't live without Flash, there is an app for that, SkyFire.
    3) Taking pics, Yes! Granted the default camera is not flawless, but the abundance of camera apps on the appstore to resolve that issue and offer loads of editing features is incredible..
    4) Battery life, Yes! From my personal experience, my iPhone 4 battery outshone my previous BB (storm2) by miles... I could never have used the Storm2 the way I would have liked, meaning loads of surfing and media playback on the move...with the iP4 it manages my heavy usage just fine, roughly 8 -10hours down to 30%, compared to my Storm2 which ranged about 4 hours of heavy use!
    Yes, it might have beautiful html emails, good only for spam newsletters in my opinion, but it lacks some basic functionality from what I understand, like attachments for reply emails, or the ability to attach files from within the email composing app, and I'm sure there's more.

06-08-11 08:39 AM
    Yes, it might have beautiful html emails, good only for spam newsletters in my opinion, but it lacks some basic functionality from what I understand, like attachments for reply emails, or the ability to attach files from within the email composing app, and I'm sure there's more.

BB6 handles html emails quite well but emails with large attachments still get truncated. It also doesn't allow access to IMAP folders.

These are far more serious problems IMHO.
    06-08-11 08:48 AM
    BB6 handles html emails quite well but emails with large attachments still get truncated. It also doesn't allow access to IMAP folders.

These are far more serious problems IMHO.
    You can have acces to gmail imap folders, and for all other imap emails there's a nice free app called Logicmail.

The only time I get truncated emails is when I get some huge newsletter from some online shop.
    06-08-11 08:53 AM
    I think this iMessage will cause some problems, the battery of an iPhone without iMessage is not one of the best, if you use internet a lot, you cannot use your iPhone for 1 day, and now with an application that is connected everytime with 3G or Wifi, a lot of people will complain about the battery. Thats why in this case I prefer BB which I can get 2 days or more withou charging
    You're crazy. iPhone 4 has excellent battery life and iOS manages power very well. I'm pretty sure this app will not be using a lot of power giving the "multitasking" that Apple employs. I also expect battery life to be even better on the next iPhone.
    06-08-11 09:04 AM
262 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD