People that have limited text packages love the feature. iPhone to iOS device with no hit to text message count.........there is the benefit. Also it is encrypted and secure just like BBM..........and it is faster.......
    10-13-11 11:43 AM
    I personally think that iMessage as it is is amazingly stupid. I don't get the point.
    Faster, encrypted, part of a data plan, can be used with any iOS device (yes I know there are others as well) that has iOS 5 and it's native.

It's like BBM but much more limited right now. It works flawlessly though.
    10-13-11 11:56 AM
    I personally think that iMessage as it is is amazingly stupid. I don't get the point.
    It would be better if it had the functionality of some other 3rd party cross-platform IMs, like Whatsapp.

The only advantage it has is that it works natively and in the background.

I don't think it is as functional or viable as BBM but I do think it will get a huge uptake purely because it's there and works across all those iOS devices. There's no reason not to use it as it simply integrates with SMS - ie you're not having to adopt anything new, nor do you have to add anyone.
    10-13-11 12:03 PM
    I'm a little stoked, as I anticipate picking up an iPhone in the coming weeks, or months

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    i7guy likes this.
    10-13-11 12:10 PM
    People that have limited text packages love the feature. iPhone to iOS device with no hit to text message count.........there is the benefit. Also it is encrypted and secure just like BBM..........and it is faster.......
    I don't know how much faster than immediate is?
    lssanjose likes this.
    10-13-11 04:26 PM
    Look here:

iOS 5 iMessage vs BlackBerry BBM Video - Mac Rumors

One of the CB mods blaize is doing this and BBM gets beat.
    10-13-11 04:33 PM
    My carrier gets the phone Oct 28.....I will be in line to get one!! I can't wait!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-11 05:05 PM
    I get mine in a few hours.... iOS 5 is fine on my ip4 though.
    10-13-11 06:58 PM
    Just ordered my iPhone 4 32GB via eBay. Upgrade trigger pulling is still hesitant, on my part. I will use my Android phone as my test bed for the XDA folks, and myself as I test my hand at Android development (app/ROM).
    10-13-11 07:59 PM
    Look here:

iOS 5 iMessage vs BlackBerry BBM Video - Mac Rumors

One of the CB mods blaize is doing this and BBM gets beat.
    75 million people on the RIM servers vs a few 1000 using imessage on the Apple servers. Not a good test I'd say.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-11 08:11 PM
110 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD