10-22-11 02:17 PM
61 123
tools
    You Iphone people will forever keep forcing yourselves to believe Imessage is as good as BBM. You fail to realise that within BBM you have a little tick box you can select to either show or not show the text messages of your BBM contacts within the BBM app. However it goes a little further and groups all the text messages separate from BBM messages so you dont make the mistake of sending them a costly SMS when u instead intended on sending them a free BBM.

The level of organisation you can achieve with BBM is unparalleled on any other platform. BBM messages always get delivered and if not you know bcos you do not see the Delivered (D) pop up. Also on BBM you dont have to turn read notification off or on. All you need to do is not click on the message as if to type and the sender would not know you've read it.

BBM has evolved to a social network and not just mere messaging method.. if ya'll were gonna be truthful you'd admit that Imessage is simply a copycat of BBM using Whatsapp phone number recognition method. On a BB we already have that and it uses BB's push technology so you always get the message. It's only when messaging iphone and other platform contacts that they seem to have problems getting messages unless they open the app.

Keep trying dudes.
    One, I'm not an iPhone user nor fan.

Secondly, iMessage has been out, what, two weeks? It will undoubtedly have features added that will equal or surpass BBM.

Third, everyone copies everyone else. Matters not. Matters who implements It best.

Lastly, I didn't say I thought iMessage was great for any other reason but the one I stated. Coming an yelling that BBM can do this or that, has social networking, was first, blah blah blah, is you missing the point.

The feature that I made this thread about is not avaikable with BBM or any other message service that I know of. That's a fact, cannot be denied, and listing other things that have nothing to do with my original post is meaningless.

Hopefully BBM will copy this one feature that I find so great.

Man, BB users call Apple fans cult like, but BB extremists are just as bad and defensive. What do you care that I like iMessage? Threatened much?
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-22-11 at 01:09 PM.
    moiselles likes this.
    10-22-11 01:05 PM
    BBM Music does more than that. You can discover new music by making contacts that share your taste. I was a music major in college and the greatest music discoveries I've had came from hanging out with people in my program and finding out what inspired them. So social music sharing is somewhat of an attempt to replicate that type of thing. Find people that share your taste; see what they are digging. Works for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    I can care less about BBM music just like I can care less about BBM because I barely know anyone with BBs anymore. I would never pay to discover music. I can do that for free like have been for at least 15 years.

Different strokes for different folks.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-22-11 01:07 PM
    You Iphone people will forever keep forcing yourselves to believe Imessage is as good as BBM. You fail to realise that within BBM you have a little tick box you can select to either show or not show the text messages of your BBM contacts within the BBM app. However it goes a little further and groups all the text messages separate from BBM messages so you dont make the mistake of sending them a costly SMS when u instead intended on sending them a free BBM.

The level of organisation you can achieve with BBM is unparalleled on any other platform. BBM messages always get delivered and if not you know bcos you do not see the Delivered (D) pop up. Also on BBM you dont have to turn read notification off or on. All you need to do is not click on the message as if to type and the sender would not know you've read it.

BBM has evolved to a social network and not just mere messaging method.. if ya'll were gonna be truthful you'd admit that Imessage is simply a copycat of BBM using Whatsapp phone number recognition method. On a BB we already have that and it uses BB's push technology so you always get the message. It's only when messaging iphone and other platform contacts that they seem to have problems getting messages unless they open the app.

Keep trying dudes.
    Except that pesky fact of I NEVER USED IT IN THE 2 YEARS I HAD A BB NOR DID ANY OF MY BB FRIENDS.

Yes, I keep telling myself I never used it. To the point I actually uninstalled the damn thing because it was wasting space. It was all in my head and I actually used it every day. Yep. I'm in denial on the awesomeness of BBM.

You BB users never get tired of telling my how I used my phone.

And yes - you always, always get the BBM's. Unless RIM is having an outage. Something that is what led me to leave because there was a period of 3 outages in 6 months. If the iCloud is down, people will still get my iMessage as a SMS. I worked with 4 people on BBs last week that had no BBM's or texts, or texts delayed for hours, for 3 DAYS.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 10-22-11 at 01:13 PM.
    10-22-11 01:09 PM
    Because no one she knows uses Whats App. They all have iphones. I have an Android and I use LiveProfile, so I downloaded LP for her to talk to me.
    But LP does not exchange messages with iMessage - so she would have to install an app for that...

either way - As long as the messaging system either iMessage or BBM is only for its own "plattform" there will be a huge market for apps that does it smarter.

In BBM however you can set up SMS contacts only providing their phone number - and when they reply in SMS it will show up in you BBM... looking as a normal BBM user...
    Dont see the big difference between iMessage...
    10-22-11 01:24 PM
    Why pay for a subscription like BBm music? I don't even use iTunes for buying music. I use 7digital, and haven't looked back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-22-11 02:02 PM
    All I said was I love one feature of one app on an iPhone and it causes such drama with BB users. Geez. Mods can lock please.
    10-22-11 02:02 PM
    In BBM however you can set up SMS contacts only providing their phone number - and when they reply in SMS it will show up in you BBM... looking as a normal BBM user...
    Seems they work similarly. iMessage will send via data to other iMessage users or automatically switches to SMS if they aren't iMessage users or if they have iMessage turned off. The message colours will tell you how it was sent.
    10-22-11 02:03 PM
    RIM will just copy this; it is fair game unless patented.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    I hope RIM copies it! And Android! I like it.
    10-22-11 02:03 PM
    But LP does not exchange messages with iMessage - so she would have to install an app for that...

either way - As long as the messaging system either iMessage or BBM is only for its own "plattform" there will be a huge market for apps that does it smarter.

The big difference is even though it will show up in your BBM app it uses text, not data, not BBM.

You can't open BBM, send a BBM to someone's phone number and have it automatically send as a BBM if that person has a BlackBerry. If you send a it to someone's phone number, it sends as a text message.

Am I not explaining iMessage correctly or somethings? I guess you have to Ise it to understand.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-22-11 at 02:07 PM.
    BBisthefuture likes this.
    10-22-11 02:05 PM

Wow, this thread has gotten so twisted. I sais since I don't have an iPhone I downloaded Live Profile on her iphone to talk to me.

Live Profile doesn't have the cool iMessage feature I like either.

Hence why I said I should get an iPhone.
    10-22-11 02:11 PM
    Is there a way to deactivate imessage from iphone to iphone messaging?

I'm asking because I don't allow all my contacts into BBM.
    steiale likes this.
    10-22-11 02:17 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD