I love my i4 with iOS 5. It is pretty great. I will probably be one of the people who gets the i4s too.
    10-04-11 10:50 PM
    It's a decent upgrade. I think what most people are upset at is that there's no visual changes and the screen is still tiny.
    10-04-11 11:13 PM
    Disappointing. Now I have to keep my two weeks old hTc EVO 3D for a few more months. LOL

Samsung is happy.
    10-04-11 11:16 PM
    It's a decent upgrade. I think what most people are upset at is that there's no visual changes and the screen is still tiny.
    Most customers aren't smart enough to realize how much change can be made while still looking the same.
    10-04-11 11:29 PM
    what i see from this is apple actually being very smart about it. i always told my friends that it wouldn't be the 5 but the 4S. That being said, apple knows that people thrive on the latest devices like crazy. 9-11 months later, the iphone 5 would be released and the hype will carry til then.

i think most people already know that the apple fanboys (no disrespect) will still get the 4S til the 5 gets released.
    10-04-11 11:57 PM
    The only reason I can see to upgrade from the 4 is for the World phone capability. But since I don't plan on taking a European vacation within the next year or so, even that can't sway me. Had they gone to a larger screen and added LTE, I might have jumped. Overall, not too much to get excited about this time around.
    10-05-11 12:13 AM
    I am more interested in the new iOS than the hardware, and I think it's a worthy upgrade for many, but all I wanted was a blinky light and I didn't get it. Sigh...
    10-05-11 12:30 AM
    Funny thing if the 4s was name iphone 5 everyone would be happy...lol

But for those who wanted a led blinker there is app that will make your screen blink if you have a missed call or text message etc
    10-05-11 12:59 AM
    But for those who wanted a led blinker there is app that will make your screen blink if you have a missed call or text message etc
    I think that would get my attention more than a led light in the corner lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-11 01:05 AM
    i wanted to say this but didn't hahaha
    good one.
    10-05-11 01:27 AM
    ^^ I know right.. he iphone 4 by itself is a solid phone. Im not upgrading for a long time. No reason too
    10-05-11 01:30 AM
    I don't understand why people are so disappointed and/or mad about it, it's a name! I agree with another poster who said Apple could have easily called it iPhone 5 and everybody would be creaming their panties about it but because they chose to call it 4s it's such a let down. Other than the obvious that it is the same form most of the things people speculated about are in this phone. I'd also be excited if I was someone that upgrades everytime a new iPhone comes out because now you don't HAVE to buy new cases and whatnot to go with it

Ok with that out of the way, I will be in line bright and early to purchase but that is because I am on Sprint and I have been waiting forever to finally have an iPhone.
    foxpat220022 likes this.
    10-05-11 03:22 AM
    I don't think so.

I'm surprised at the Apple delay (since its not a complete redesign) from the typical June/July release as all the hardware was available 6 months ago(Galaxy2). I had to laugh at the antenna thing. Overcompensating with the not admitted previous design failure by incorporating a dual antenna. I'm sure the iP4s release delays were all software related.

The phone is a good upgrade. I would have liked a slightly larger screen. As for Siri, I hate talking to devices and my wife will simply get jealous so I'll have to pass on that
    10-05-11 05:36 AM
    It's the "day after" and after rethinking it all and getting over my feeling of disappointment, I realize that 1) everything that makes this phone a phone is new. 2) physically, the ip4 design is the sexiest beast on the market. So I feel much better now lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Accidental Post and pilsbury like this.
    10-05-11 05:46 AM
    I don't think so.

I'm surprised at the Apple delay (since its not a complete redesign) from the typical June/July release as all the hardware was available 6 months ago(Galaxy2). I had to laugh at the antenna thing. Overcompensating with the not admitted previous design failure by incorporating a dual antenna. I'm sure the iP4s release delays were all software related.

The phone is a good upgrade. I would have liked a slightly larger screen. As for Siri, I hate talking to devices and my wife will simply get jealous so I'll have to pass on that
    I agree with you and i am glad the phone is not called the 5...this would've been terrible as the shell is not new! I think apple needs to learn how to manage expectation and steer people in terms of all the rumors. The fact we saw all these new cases for a thinner phone and there was even a mock up of what it would look like, got people extremely excited about an all new phone.

I really fail to see what took apple the extra 4 months to get the phone out and although siri is cool, the chances of an individual to constantly use it are not that high. It's not like i can be at the club with crazy loud music and be all like "siri, find my friends.'
    10-05-11 08:13 AM
    Most customers aren't smart enough to realize how much change can be made while still looking the same.
    my husband & one of my daughters just got the iP4 in July/Aug and i'm impressed with it - i also just watched the vid on the iP4S last night and WOW !! i was even more impressed. I'm still on a bb right now (bb user for 4yrs) and still really considering switching to an iPhone-ive been on the fence about switching for a couple of mths now.....whether the ip4 & iP4S may still look physically the same, its clear after watching that vid how different they are on the inside i do like the 'siri' option because while i'm driving if i get a call/tx from one of my kids i have to pull over to deal with it, with siri i think it would be a great option i'd utilize greatly

this may have been the push for me to switch sooner than i would have expected and well, if the iP5 does show up anytime soon, if i did go iP4S-i wouldnt be disappointed that i didnt wait for the iP5.

just my .02c
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 10-05-11 at 09:03 AM.
    10-05-11 08:53 AM
    I don't understand why people are so disappointed and/or mad about it, it's a name! I agree with another poster who said Apple could have easily called it iPhone 5 and everybody would be creaming their panties about it but because they chose to call it 4s it's such a let down. Other than the obvious that it is the same form most of the things people speculated about are in this phone. I'd also be excited if I was someone that upgrades everytime a new iPhone comes out because now you don't HAVE to buy new cases and whatnot to go with it

Ok with that out of the way, I will be in line bright and early to purchase but that is because I am on Sprint and I have been waiting forever to finally have an iPhone.
    LOL...people are not disappointed in the name, they wanted a new form factor with a bigger screen, 4G, led notifications, etc, etc. It had nothing to do with the name. If they called this 4S the 5, people would be screaming more saying "this is not a big enough upgrade to call it a 5" and Apple would have looked worse off and BB and Android fanboys would have had a hay day with that one.

To have Siri as one of their biggest selling features on this phone is somewhat a disappointment from all the hype this phone brought in. Apple's moto was always "there's an app for that", is very similar in the case with Siri, which was already available as an app. And to have it to be available only to new 4S owners is kinda a slap in the face to existing 4 owners IMO. Upgrade or your don't get this "revolutionary" technology.
    10-05-11 10:47 AM
    I'm running OS5 now.

It's freaking sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
    10-05-11 03:12 PM
    Nice ain't it....
    reeneebob likes this.
    10-05-11 03:22 PM
    a lot of good points being made here. The iphone 4 does have a great build and it is a great looking device. I think the release of the io5 and the 4S together was a good move. People who want it will still get it despite all the disappointment people are talking about. It all just comes back down to personal preference i guess.
    10-05-11 03:48 PM
    LOL...people are not disappointed in the name, they wanted a new form factor with a bigger screen, 4G, led notifications, etc, etc. It had nothing to do with the name. If they called this 4S the 5, people would be screaming more saying "this is not a big enough upgrade to call it a 5" and Apple would have looked worse off and BB and Android fanboys would have had a hay day with that one.

To have Siri as one of their biggest selling features on this phone is somewhat a disappointment from all the hype this phone brought in. Apple's moto was always "there's an app for that", is very similar in the case with Siri, which was already available as an app. And to have it to be available only to new 4S owners is kinda a slap in the face to existing 4 owners IMO. Upgrade or your don't get this "revolutionary" technology.
    I get what you're saying about the bigger screen, Apple should adjust to compete with basically every other touch screen phone on the market. I could be completely wrong because iPhones were never on my network so I didn't pay super close attention but weren't the first 3 models the same body form? I can understand the letdown but based on the cases I have seen for the iPhone 5, I'm kind of glad they kept the same body as the 4. Like I also said, at least you can use the same cases

Siri is not the only major selling point and while it is one of them, I'd say the faster processer, the 3 mega pixel difference in the camera and the hd recording are all other major selling points. You also just said Siri is already an app so it's not that big of a deal yet you just said ip4 users can't have it so I am a little confused on which it is.
    Frosty_Power likes this.
    10-05-11 04:32 PM
    I get what you're saying about the bigger screen, Apple should adjust to compete with basically every other touch screen phone on the market. I could be completely wrong because iPhones were never on my network so I didn't pay super close attention but weren't the first 3 models the same body form? I can understand the letdown but based on the cases I have seen for the iPhone 5, I'm kind of glad they kept the same body as the 4. Like I also said, at least you can use the same cases

Siri is not the only major selling point and while it is one of them, I'd say the faster processer, the 3 mega pixel difference in the camera and the hd recording are all other major selling points. You also just said Siri is already an app so it's not that big of a deal yet you just said ip4 users can't have it so I am a little confused on which it is.
    The 3G and 3Gs looked almost identical.
    10-05-11 04:39 PM

The siri app has basically been pulled, or it's saying, "I'm improved, check me out on 10/12." It won't be available unless you have the IP4S, I believe.

I think it's cool and all, but not enough to upgrade. I'll wait for the 5. I would do it if I could sell my 4 and get enough to cover full retail, but it looks like I'd still be out of pocket about $300. No thanks.
    10-05-11 05:00 PM
    lol people are never going to be satisfied ever...
    10-05-11 05:00 PM
    Not worth the upgrade to me.. PASS.
    10-05-11 05:13 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD