Hi there!
    A new update of IM+ for iPhone (v. 1.7.) appeared in App Store!

New features: Emoticons and Photo sharing!

Link

02-04-09 08:47 AM
    Looks pretty sweet.
    02-05-09 08:13 AM
    Hi there,
    We have done many bug fixes and now IM+ All-in-One Mobile Messenger works great for iPhone. Please download 1.8. version from AppSpore.
    02-11-09 07:23 AM
    Thanks for the update
    02-11-09 10:35 AM
    too bad it logs you out everytime you close the app. why dont they fix that.
    02-11-09 10:41 AM
    It isn't something they can fix. Apple doesn't allow for any programs outside of their own to run in the background. The Push Notification Service was supposed to partially alleviate this for things like IM apps, but Apple has dropped the ball on getting it released. I think the original launch window for the service was early September of last year, but it still isn't out.

For all the things I love about the iPhone, this one issue is something that always bothered me a bit.
    02-11-09 10:44 AM
    It isn't something they can fix. Apple doesn't allow for any programs outside of their own to run in the background. The Push Notification Service was supposed to partially alleviate this for things like IM apps, but Apple has dropped the ball on getting it released. I think the original launch window for the service was early September of last year, but it still isn't out.

For all the things I love about the iPhone, this one issue is something that always bothered me a bit.
    yes I know all about it. than there is no point to even having any im app on your phone.

push will never be released for this device because the battery won't last the day with it. it barely makes it through the day now.

maybe come june/july with the new hardware, we will finally see some multitasking. seriously is it that hard?
    02-11-09 10:48 AM
    Use BeeJiveIM and you won't have this issue.
    02-11-09 10:54 AM
    Does BeeJive count as data?

When I get my iPhone I need a messenger that counts as data for Verizon because my girlfriend has Verizon and will bi--- if I don't find something like Blackberry Messenger -lol
    02-16-09 09:18 PM
    Yes, BeeJive is data. There isn't even a IM app available on the iPhone that uses text. On the BB, it uses data as well.
    02-16-09 09:41 PM
    Is it free? Or are there any popular ones I can use for my situation that are free?
    02-16-09 11:20 PM
    Is it free? Or are there any popular ones I can use for my situation that are free?
    It is not free. But you do get what you pay for. It's around 15 bucks. Still cheaper than the version for the Blackberry.
    02-17-09 11:15 AM
    Would it count as data on my gf's Storm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 12:16 PM
    Would it count as data on my gf's Storm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes it would.
    02-17-09 01:33 PM
    thanks for the confirmation
    02-17-09 07:00 PM
    so BeeJive doesn't log me out and allows me to see notifications that I have a BeeJive IM without actually being in the program?
    02-19-09 06:38 PM
    so BeeJive doesn't log me out and allows me to see notifications that I have a BeeJive IM without actually being in the program?
    Correct, what you do is in the settings add your phone number and it will send you a text message when someone IM's you. So as long as you have unlimited text messaging you should be cool.
    02-19-09 08:04 PM
    Thanks Bad, I'd be lost without your help lol
    02-19-09 08:07 PM
    Thanks Bad, I'd be lost without your help lol
    No problem, glad I could help out.
    02-19-09 08:09 PM
    Correct, what you do is in the settings add your phone number and it will send you a text message when someone IM's you. So as long as you have unlimited text messaging you should be cool.
    I didn't see a place to add my phone number.. only e-mail.
    02-19-09 09:56 PM
    I didn't see a place to add my phone number.. only e-mail.
    [email protected]
    02-19-09 09:58 PM
    LOL I did enter an address. I just thought I was missing the phone number part. My bad bro.
    02-20-09 12:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD