I'm a long time bb user. I also have a 3gs in my "personal line-up". I so wanna make the iphone my regular phone but I use my 9700 90% of the time. I like the overall feel of the iphone better than the 9700 but there's too much missing too.
    Basically, the title of the post says it all-- I really want the 4G to blow me away. Maybe it's just my time for a change.
    Any thoughts?
    Thx.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-10 09:57 PM
    personally I don't really care what the 4G has or doesn't have. I use a bb because it's exactly what I need in a device. I had the Iphone and it just wasn't for me. The things that the Iphone does best are not things that I need in a device. I would consider changing back to Iphone if (better battery, proper speed dial, one folder for all emails, more shortcuts to get to places on the phone faster, multi tasking)

I'm sure the Iphone 4G will be amazing but like I said I know what I need in a phone and for now I get everything I need out of my 9700.

What do you want the Iphone to do so It could win you over?? It's already the best at what it doe's.
    03-21-10 10:33 PM
    personally I don't really care what the 4G has or doesn't have. I use a bb because it's exactly what I need in a device. I had the Iphone and it just wasn't for me. The things that the Iphone does best are not things that I need in a device. I would consider changing back to Iphone if (better battery, proper speed dial, one folder for all emails, more shortcuts to get to places on the phone faster, multi tasking)

I'm sure the Iphone 4G will be amazing but like I said I know what I need in a phone and for now I get everything I need out of my 9700.

What do you want the Iphone to do so It could win you over?? It's already the best at what it doe's.
    Actually, I'd like it to do exactly, the things you talked about above better. I'd also appreciate a status light like the bb. That's great about our BBs. You glance over at it every so often and you know if there's something there waiting.

03-22-10 04:47 AM
    I'm waiting for the 4G too. I'm currently a BBerry user and that is not likely to change, but I'm also a tecchie addict. I gave the 3GS a try but it wasn't great for me.
    Whatever happens, this will be a great year. iPhone 4G, BB webkit....WOOHOO!!!!! It will be difficult what to decide what to jump on!!!
    03-22-10 05:08 AM

Well said and I agree 100%.
    I have the Tour and have been playing with the 9700. The 9700 is awesome.
    03-22-10 05:22 AM
    Yea definitely the light .... I think they will have this on the 4G. I can't see why they wont...it makes so much sense to have one

Actually, I'd like it to do exactly, the things you talked about above better. I'd also appreciate a status light like the bb. That's great about our BBs. You glance over at it every so often and you know if there's something there waiting.

03-22-10 08:46 AM
    what would also be nice on it would be a flash for the camera thats my only down feature of this phone everything else is amazing
    03-22-10 10:11 AM
    I'm sure the new iPhone will have many of the previously missing features added. It will be spectacular because it has to be. Apple can't afford to wait another year to come with the greatness.

03-22-10 12:44 PM
    if apple is apple, im guessing that the 4g will be almost exactly the same as all the otehr iphones

the only difference i could think of would be sharper edges on the front and back, like the ipad's side profile picture on apples main page
    03-22-10 12:52 PM
    There is nothing wrong with the current 3G[s].. it just works!
    03-22-10 03:21 PM
    I'm waiting for the 4G too. I'm currently a BBerry user and that is not likely to change, but I'm also a tecchie addict. I gave the 3GS a try but it wasn't great for me.
    Whatever happens, this will be a great year. iPhone 4G, BB webkit....WOOHOO!!!!! It will be difficult what to decide what to jump on!!!
    I'm a new 9700 user, but not new to bb. For some reason iPhone is somehow a great product, but since I have started using bb from 8100, I love bb and can't get rid of it. I am a tech addict person too. I don't how to choose from bb, iPhone and the coming Sony X10.

By the way, can anyone tell me a bit more about the 4G? Thanks

03-22-10 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD