It's well worth having the device though. I use my iphone like a couple of days out of the week. Just swap sims here and there. I love that phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 01:56 AM
    Oh yeah its well worth it. Alot more to do and keeps me entertained at work since I'm all by myself. Scared Im going to drop it and its going to shatter into a million pieces. That being said, I'm more careful with this phone than any phone I've owned.
    Well maybe that will help my battery, its almost dead since I got it off the charger 4 hours ago.

If I need help when I jailbreak it I'll be sure to holler at ya.
    11-24-09 02:03 AM
    Okay Shi don't hesitate either

11-24-09 02:07 AM
    Brian I'm hijacking your thread for just a few mins. Get over it.

Okay so It says you have to connect to a wifi network during this process. Do I have to do this? Is there a way around it? Big problem since this town is stupid, and none around me unless I go out and hunt down one somewhere.

It says to choose Cydia or Rock. I'm assuming cydia is better?

And one more thing...if I want to turn the phone off then back on, I have to connect it to a comp???! :|
    11-24-09 03:03 AM
    Hey Shiiphone!

Here's a link to an article I found yesterday on The iphone Blog about improving battery life. It has the things F29 mentioned plus a few others.
    http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/09...hones-battery/

Same site, instructions on jailbreaking:
    http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/11...w-mac-edition/

Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 11-24-09 at 05:00 AM.
    11-24-09 04:57 AM
    hiya brain! Planning to take over the world with an iphone? Did you ever find out if the data plan is more?

Thanks for the battery thing, I did everything in there it said to, so guess well see. I had already read that on how to jailbreak thats where all my questions came in.
    11-24-09 05:03 AM
    Shi:
    As for my data plan, my new one will actually be cheaper. I'm going with a 500Mgb plan, as I've never gone above above 300mgb in a month. If I start to go over, I'll install wifi in my house.

My old plan was 2Gb, so I was paying for way more than I needed.

11-24-09 05:20 AM
    AT&T just charges for unlimited and its 30 bucks a month. Just make sure you watch it, I would hate for you to get a ginormus bill and have a heart attack!
    11-24-09 05:23 AM
    Brian I'm hijacking your thread for just a few mins. Get over it.

1. Okay so It says you have to connect to a wifi network during this process. Do I have to do this? Is there a way around it? Big problem since this town is stupid, and none around me unless I go out and hunt down one somewhere.

2. It says to choose Cydia or Rock. I'm assuming cydia is better?

3. And one more thing...if I want to turn the phone off then back on, I have to connect it to a comp???! :|
    1. Are you sure it says you MUST connect to wifi, or is that only under certain circumstances?

2. Until someone else answers this, try googling both to see what advantages each has and why people choose one over the other.

3. Because of how Apple TRIED to make their o/s UN-jailbreakable, you have to be connected to your computer to enable blackweather the first time, and any time after if your phone reboots or the battery dies. (That's what I understood from reading about it yesterday).

11-24-09 05:30 AM
    AT&T just charges for unlimited and its 30 bucks a month. Just make sure you watch it, I would hate for you to get a ginormus bill and have a heart attack!
    Telus doesn't offer unlimited data anymore. I don't think any wireless carriers do. Too bad.

11-24-09 05:35 AM
    Having Notifier alone is worth jailbreaking, but I am a wimp Backrounder is cool too, but I would be concerned about my battery life.

I jailbroke mine the first hour I got it. No downside at all. Only takes like 30 seconds like Prada said. When you do get these apps for sure

-Notifier (Notifcation icons on the taskbar)
    -Backrounder (Run apps in backround)
    -SBSettings (widgets)
    -iphone folders (this is a program you download to your PC. Basically mass storage mode for when you connect your phone to your PC. Actually phone doesn't have to be jailbroken to use this.)

11-24-09 05:43 AM
    1. Are you sure it says you MUST connect to wifi, or is that only under certain circumstances?

2. Until someone else answers this, try googling both to see what advantages each has and why people choose one over the other.

3. Because of how Apple TRIED to make their o/s UN-jailbreakable, you have to be connected to your computer to enable blackweather the first time, and any time after if your phone reboots or the battery dies. (That's what I understood from reading about it yesterday).

1. Thats what it said on the instruction thing.
    2. I will but it will have to be later on, besides my eyes are going cross-eyed from reading all night.
    3. Yes thats what I seen, I think thats just crazy so not sure if I want to even jailbreak it now.
    Telus doesn't offer unlimited data anymore. I don't think any wireless carriers do. Too bad.

awwe
    11-24-09 05:56 AM
    Ok another question. If you want to un-jailbreak all you do is click on the blackrain thing and it will do it? Someone is arguing with me about that its hard to go back with 3.1.2 version.
    11-24-09 06:09 AM
    All you have to do is restore the phone using iTunes, all it takes is 2 clicks and a few minutes

11-24-09 08:37 AM
    Thanks!!!

Well my bf has the blackrain on his comp so ill do it on his sometime.
    11-24-09 08:41 AM
    Once blackra1n is installed on your phone and you need to install Cydia, you don't need to be connected to Wi-Fi. I'm almost certain.

11-24-09 10:03 AM
    Thanks guess ill see when it happens.... Dun dun dun...
    11-24-09 10:13 AM
    Anyone have suggestions as to how I can transfer all my memo pad entries to the iphone?

I could copy and paste them one by one into an email, but that would be a pita.
    11-24-09 10:50 PM
    Do you have Outlook?
    11-24-09 11:46 PM
    Yep. Just tried synching contacts and memo pad. No go.
    It kept prompting me for an mpts blah blah something or other with a pop up. The user info and password was already in the pop up, I'd click ok, but it wouldn't accept/authorize it for some reason.

Maybe it was the memo pad. I wasn't sure what to synch it too, so I chose ASCII. I only had 2 synch options for memo pad.

Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 11-25-09 at 12:01 AM.
    11-24-09 11:58 PM
    I've never synched either of them before.

11-25-09 12:02 AM
    That's weird I usually sync my BB memos to Outlook and from there my iPhone picks them up in iTunes. If it gets to be that much of a hassle perhaps you can sync those things with google sync or yahoo. And if those give you trouble then sending the memos through email might be your best solution.
    11-25-09 12:30 AM
    Well, I'll try it again tonight.

11-25-09 04:51 AM
    May I suggest downloading 1Password its free and keeps all your passwords, seems pretty handy from what I've just looked at.
    11-25-09 06:32 AM
    Thanks shi. I've added that to the suggestion box.

Is there an app similar to Memo Pad?
    I love memo pad.

11-25-09 06:47 AM
152 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD