Ok, today I received an email from iTunes about the new 3.1 update which is supposed to have mms which I was really excited about. Anyways, I got the update on my phone, I even checked in the settings under "about" and it says 3.1. But I don't see anything different on my phone, no mms, no nothing. Did I do something wrong ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 11:58 PM
    no.. on the 25th hook up to itunes and if AT&T keeps their promise there will be another little update for you and you will hopefully have mms........... i already have it though.. buggy but i have it....
    09-22-09 12:03 AM
    So what was the purpose of the update that I just did? I sure don't see any difference.

09-22-09 12:26 AM
    U updated your software version to 3.1 that doesn't mean the carrier file was updated to allow mms, AT&T clearly stated it would allow mms on the 25th, if others like me have it it is because we used a different .ipcc file my mms didn't work with any .ipcc file until 3.1, I just decided to load one of the 5.0 carrier files I collected up until I gave up on mms, some people have had mms for months. Don't ask me how or why because nobody can figure out why some had it and some didn't.
    09-22-09 12:37 AM
    as stated above, just wait until the 25th and you should (if att keeps their word) have mms.
    09-22-09 10:44 AM
    Ok, I guess I can wait a few more days. So what exactly are the differences in 3.1 and the os that I had before? I haven't really noticed anything new.

09-22-09 04:01 PM
    Ok, I guess I can wait a few more days. So what exactly are the differences in 3.1 and the os that I had before? I haven't really noticed anything new.

• Genius recommendations for Applications
    • Support for iTunes 9 (Mac and Windows downloads), which offers Genius Mixes, app organization in iTunes, improved syncing options for music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and photos, iTunes U Content organization
    • Redeem iTunes Gift cards, codes, and certificates in the App Store
    • Display available iTunes account credits in the App Store and iTunes Store
    • Browse and download ringtones wirelessly from the iTunes Store
    • Save video from mail and multimedia messages into Camera Roll
    • Option to "save as new clip" when trimming a video on iPhone 3GS
    • Better iPhone 3G Wi-Fi performance when Bluetooth is turned on
    • Remotely lock iPhone with a passcode via MobileMe
    • Use Voice Control on iPhone 3GS with Bluetooth headsets
    • Paste phone numbers into the Keypad
    • Option to use Home button to turn on Accessibility features on iPhone 3GS
    • Warn when visiting fraudulent Web sites in Safari (antiphishing)
    • Improved Exchange calendar syncing and invitation handling
    • Fixes issue that caused some app icons to display incorrectly
    Quite a bit actually.
    09-22-09 06:08 PM
    just 3 more days lol be a lil patient
    09-22-09 06:15 PM
    I swear even when mms is available I'm still going to use email. I've used email to send pics and other media even with my blackberry. I'm probably going to use it mostly for receiving.
    09-22-09 08:10 PM
    I swear even when mms is available I'm still going to use email. I've used email to send pics and other media even with my blackberry. I'm probably going to use it mostly for receiving.
    Same... I've had it for more than 6 months now and I've used it less than a handful of times -- mostly testing it out.
    09-22-09 10:08 PM
    just a few more days
    09-23-09 12:04 AM
    Yeah , as much as i thought i would use it. I dont. I was excited to finially get it working a month or so ago , and i have maybe used it twice. And as Duvi said, it was jsut to test it lol.
    09-23-09 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD