As the title says, I am very disappointed by iOS6 running on my iphone 4. For me, it really was a step backwards.

I am not noticing the upgrade in speed that everyone else is. Device seems to run very similar to how it ran before.

The Maps. I don't need to go there.

Youtube app. I know why Apple wants to remove it, but come on. Just plain stupid. Adding an extra step to user experience by making users download it again.

Changing colors? Ok, not in love with the new color theme.

Perhaps I need to upgrade to a newer model, but I just thought iOS6 was going to be the huge step that iOS5 was. To me, it was worse.

I get that Apple is trying to separate itself from Google, but they aren't ready yet. The maps is the perfect example.
    09-26-12 07:57 AM
    Removing the YouTube app is good for Google and Apple. Apple no longer has to devote developer resources to it and Google can now build its own app with advertising.

Apple had to develop its own maps becuase it wanted turn by turn directions. Google only allows turn by turn on Android devices.
    olliegrl likes this.
    09-26-12 08:26 AM
    I agree, iOS6 on the iP4 is terrible(not sure about the 4S). Everyone around me is complaining about the maps, youtube, battery drain and even their phone crashing and locking up. Unheard of for an Apple product and supposed "upgrade". Fortunately for me I didn't "downgrade" my phone to iOS6. Not hearing too many issues on the iP5 though(other than maps and youtube) so the software seems fine, just not on the iP4 or older devices.
    09-26-12 10:13 AM
    I agree, iOS6 on the iP4 is terrible(not sure about the 4S). Everyone around me is complaining about the maps, youtube, battery drain and even their phone crashing and locking up. Unheard of for an Apple product and supposed "upgrade". Fortunately for me I didn't "downgrade" my phone to iOS6. Not hearing too many issues on the iP5 though(other than maps and youtube) so the software seems fine, just not on the iP4 or older devices.
    I'm not experiencing any crashing or battery drain. I don't think it's any faster than iOS5.
    09-26-12 10:18 AM
    Seems that Apple is so stressed about remaining #1 that they are stumbling - calling an incremental (and arguably, very poor) update a whole new iOS.

'Someone's' taking lessons from RIM.
    09-26-12 07:57 PM
    The only negative I have experienced (other than Maps) is the new color scheme and UI elements. iOS used to have some kind of constant theme, now it's all over the place. Leather, wood, aluminum, paper (yellow and white) etc... Not very nice to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    09-27-12 05:54 AM
    iOS6 is not intended for older devices. It is like every other 'update' that Apple releases, where it's available for all devices, but with limitations. That's what you're seeing with iOS6.

As for the maps and youtube.... Apple needs to seperate itself from Google, otherwise it makes patent lawsuits very difficult indeed.
    09-27-12 02:10 PM
    ...Apple needs to seperate itself from Google, otherwise it makes patent lawsuits very difficult indeed.
    Yeah - lawsuits: Apple's best way to make a buck these days without actually screwing their current users.

09-28-12 07:46 AM
    The stand alone YouTube app is a MAJOR improvement over the iOS one they did away with.
    olliegrl likes this.
    10-01-12 10:26 AM
    My wife upgraded her Iphone 4s, and she has experienced no problems so far.
    10-02-12 10:19 AM
    Used to love my 4s, but since the upgrade, I live with a battery charger. Used to be able to go an entire day, phone calls and Emails all day. Now find that I need to charge minimally once if not 2 or 3 times during the day, awful. I wish I could roll back the OS, as I used to do with BB.
    10-22-12 02:51 PM
    Used to love my 4s, but since the upgrade, I live with a battery charger. Used to be able to go an entire day, phone calls and Emails all day. Now find that I need to charge minimally once if not 2 or 3 times during the day, awful. I wish I could roll back the OS, as I used to do with BB.
    My battery went downhill last week.
    I reluctantly did a reset and restore as new.
    What a major PITA but my phone flies now and the battery is great.
    Haven't been able to get my camera roll or photo stream contents back from iCloud. (never synced to iTunes.

Good Luck
    10-22-12 10:36 PM
    iOS6 is not intended for older devices.
    Ummm, apparently it is:

Version: 6
    Post Date: Sep 19, 2012
    Download ID: DL1578
    License: Update
    System Requirements
    iPhone 4S
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 3GS
    iPad (3rd generation)
    iPad 2
    iPod touch (4th generation)
    10-31-12 12:01 PM
    are you really complaining about having to go to the app store to download a youtube app? what is that? a few minutes out of your life?

i have iOS6 on my 4 and while i know it's not the most zippy thing out there...why are we complaining about stuff as petty as color scheme and having to take "extra steps" to download one app.

google maps wasn't brilliant right away. apple maps will improve. i will say my battery is suffering too, so might try that restore option, but other than that, i like the passbook and stuff.
    10-31-12 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD