I appreciate the help I have always gotten from my iphone brethren and I don't expect you to make my decision for me but here is my dilema. Two weeks ago I signed on with AT&T and got an Iphone 3gs-because the 4 was not available and I wanted it now. I was considering going back and ordering the 4 and returning my 3gs when it came in.

Things to consider: the HD recording and face time is not a big deal to me. Yes the phone looks amazing. In one year will I have the option to upgrade if I want to and how much would it cost? Assuming they don't change the current model too much will it cost $199 plus 200 or I could simply pay $199 now.

So I just want to get others point of view on this before I head over there after work today. Thanks everyone.
    08-16-10 07:02 AM
    Get the 4 now if you can. I wouldn't use an upgrade on a 3GS. You'd be better off going on eBay or craigslist and getting a 3GS so you can still have your upgrade available on AT&T anytime you want. But hey, that's just me.

The screen, HD recording, battery life, faster everything and FFC make the 4 worth it.
    08-16-10 10:16 AM
    I agree. If you want a 3GS, pick up one on criagslist. Don't waste an upgrade on it.

The high resolution screen is enough for mento love my iPhone 4 over my old 3GS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-10 11:23 AM
    I bought the 3GS outright to have the phone with no contract! But I would get the Iphone 4 if you can! That's the way to go in my eyes!
    08-16-10 11:30 AM
    If I used the upgrade right now, I'd get the iP4. If spending an extra $100 bucks is
    cool for you, I'd do it. You got 10 months to wait for the 5th gen. I highly doubt
    a 5th gen would emerge before next summer.
    08-16-10 01:01 PM
    If I decided I wanted to upgrade in 1 year I would be paying double the price so I decided to just get it now for $199-actually it is only costing 100 more. That way I won't want to kick myself later but the hard part is waiting...
    08-16-10 09:45 PM
    I appreciate the help I have always gotten from my iphone brethren and I don't expect you to make my decision for me but here is my dilema. Two weeks ago I signed on with AT&T and got an Iphone 3gs-because the 4 was not available and I wanted it now. I was considering going back and ordering the 4 and returning my 3gs when it came in.

Things to consider: the HD recording and face time is not a big deal to me. Yes the phone looks amazing. In one year will I have the option to upgrade if I want to and how much would it cost? Assuming they don't change the current model too much will it cost $199 plus 200 or I could simply pay $199 now.

So I just want to get others point of view on this before I head over there after work today. Thanks everyone.
    Get the 4 and never look back. So worth it.
    08-18-10 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD