Should i buy the 3g? i have a 2 year old 2g, and a 4 month old unlocked BOLD. i can buy the 3g at best buy for 499. I can def finely get my money out of those two phones ot pay for it. i am on tmobile, so i have to buy the phone outright.

i dont have the money for the 3gs and it looks like the jailbreak will not be happening anytime soon anyway..

i was thinking of buying at best buy since if something goes wrong, maybe i can exchange it there?

thoughts?
    07-03-09 06:56 AM
    Sure! The 3 G is a good phone. I love the 3GS because it added enough to bring me over. The basic stuff you'll be missing.
    1. Voice Control.
    2. Faster Processor.
    3. Compass. ( IE better GPS.)
    4. Better Battery length.

But if you don't have the money 3 G is still pretty good. The speed is a lot faster then 2 G. Also I am not really sure how best buy does there deals. You may want to ask the rep/manager in re-guards to return/exchange policies. I think it still might be through Apple, but I am not sure on that end. Hope this helped.
    07-03-09 10:30 AM
    The 3G should still be good. I would probably save money for the 3GS though. I don't even really have the need to jailbreak it at the moment and not sure if I will when it's available.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 10:46 AM
    my 3G S is on the fedex truck right now .. can't wait
    07-03-09 10:48 AM
    Should i buy the 3g? i have a 2 year old 2g, and a 4 month old unlocked BOLD. i can buy the 3g at best buy for 499. I can def finely get my money out of those two phones ot pay for it. i am on tmobile, so i have to buy the phone outright.

i dont have the money for the 3gs and it looks like the jailbreak will not be happening anytime soon anyway..

i was thinking of buying at best buy since if something goes wrong, maybe i can exchange it there?

thoughts?

There will be an unlock and a JB for it. You just have to wait it out. Won't be long though. There is a Jb and a unlock out for the 3Gs. it's just about like a beta though.
    07-03-09 11:31 AM

thoughts?
    Don't buy the 3G for 499. If you are going to get that use this method.

Open a 2 year contract and get it for 99 bucks. After 30 days cancel the contract and pay the ETF fee.

99 for the phone +
    175 ETF +
    one month's service is much cheaper than 499!

Tack on an extra 100 for the 3GS and you will wind up spend a little less than 500 for the 3GS using the method above.
    07-03-09 03:46 PM

Open a 2 year contract and get it for 99 bucks. After 30 days cancel the contract and pay the ETF fee.

99 for the phone +
    175 ETF +

Tack on an extra 100 for the 3GS and you will wind up spend a little less than 500 for the 3GS using the method above.

thats actually a good plan. i opted for the 3g because of price, but i've been really happy with it.
    07-03-09 10:36 PM

thoughts?
    I think that the jailbreak app came out today for WINDOWS users. U might wanna look into that if u really want a jailbroken iphone 3gs
    07-04-09 12:19 AM

99 for the phone +
    175 ETF +

i just read on the internet that you would also have to pay a fee for the phone...can anyone tell me if they have done this? what did you end up paying?
    07-04-09 08:22 AM
    i just read on the internet that you would also have to pay a fee for the phone...can anyone tell me if they have done this? what did you end up paying?
    I read something about that when the iPhone first came out. And I think it had something to do with that phone not be subsidized. But I believe they stopped doing it for the next gen phones. Just call AT&T and ask them is there another fee besides ETF if you cancel a line with an iPhone. I don't think there is anymore. Here's an article from last year that describes the procedure and they do not mention an extra fee. I don't think the fee exists anymore since these are subsidized devices.

It Might Be Cheaper To Cancel A Contract Than Buy A Prepaid iPhone 3G | iPhone Alley
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 07-04-09 at 12:52 PM.
    07-04-09 10:39 AM
    yeah, i called att and all i have to pay is the 175 for etf. i might go to best buy and do it, i mean the used ones on eaby go for like 350, mine as well get a brand new one....att is offer free activation if you call them and order today, no deal as best buy i guess. that is dumb. att is att...
    07-04-09 11:53 AM
    yeah, i called att and all i have to pay is the 175 for etf. i might go to best buy and do it, i mean the used ones on eaby go for like 350, mine as well get a brand new one....att is offer free activation if you call them and order today, no deal as best buy i guess. that is dumb. att is att...
    Well good luck. You should have no problem and come out paying cheaper in the end.
    07-04-09 12:54 PM
    You may want to ask bestbuy what their fees are. You can do this with AT&T, but 3rd party retailers can add others fees. I don't remember Bestbuy doing that when I worked for them back in the days, but they may now.
    07-04-09 02:52 PM
    You may want to ask bestbuy what their fees are. You can do this with AT&T, but 3rd party retailers can add others fees. I don't remember Bestbuy doing that when I worked for them back in the days, but they may now.
    hey duvi, what do you mean by fees?
    07-05-09 07:32 AM
    Some third part carriers add in other fees that you wouldn't incur if you bought it from Apple/ATT. I think this might be the case even with walmart after all Apple controls the price of the phone they may not want other people selling it at a lesser value. That's what I would think.
    07-05-09 11:13 AM
    hey duvi, what do you mean by fees?
    Termination fees for changing contract terms. I can't go into detail as this is something you'd have to discuss with that 3rd party as those are the ones that would be charging the fee, not at&t. If you change a feature on the account, AT&T doesn't care, you're still with us. The retailers do this because they would lose the commissions that they would have normally received if you change the plan. This may not be the case with Bestbuy like I stated before, so I would check with them and read the contract terms.
    07-05-09 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD