everyhwere i look, everyone says that Iphone will not go to verizon, becuase verizon is CDMA..... I understand this, but if a blackberry like the storm is both, why cant a Iphone be like this too??????
    03-24-09 10:38 PM
    Honestly? Because AT&T Paid big bucks to keep the phone. The reason the Storm is CDMA & GSM is because it's CDMA here in the States, everywhere else uses GSM. To be a world phone it has to have GSM. Since the iPhone's already GSM they wouldn't need CDMA, especially when AT&T's paying big bucks to keep the phone. Also, Everywhere else is GSM so there's no demand for CDMA iPhones.
    03-24-09 11:10 PM
    Just like Vengeance said, GSM represent 81% of the market where as CDMA is 10% worldwide.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 11:16 PM
    And

The Storm > The iPhone

For the record
    03-25-09 09:08 AM
    It's because Verizon's parent company, Vodafone, is a GSM company. ATT's been marketing "world-wide" coverage so Verizon's been jumping into the loop and putting a GSM chip inside their CDMA devices so that when you roam, you're roaming on Vodafone and it's other partners throughout Europe/Asia.
    03-25-09 11:00 AM
    It has nothing about whether it can be GSM or CDMA. ATT has exclusive rights to the iphone in the U.S. Supposedly this contract was renewed when the iphone 3G came out and its rumored till 2010 now. Eventually we may see a CDMA iphone.
    03-25-09 01:54 PM
    And

The Storm > The iPhone

For the record
    for you maybe. not for others.
    03-25-09 02:12 PM
    It has nothing about whether it can be GSM or CDMA. ATT has exclusive rights to the iphone in the U.S. Supposedly this contract was renewed when the iphone 3G came out and its rumored till 2010 now. Eventually we may see a CDMA iphone.
    That is assuming that the next model iPhone that get's released, ATT doesn't want to extend the contract with Apple.

As long as it continues like this, CDMA wont ever see one.
    03-25-09 03:33 PM
    that's true i guess...
    03-25-09 04:15 PM
    That is assuming that the next model iPhone that get's released, ATT doesn't want to extend the contract with Apple.

I work for AT&T,

They're releasing another phone, I posted about it a while ago. They're already bragging to use about it.
    03-25-09 06:22 PM
    how many iphones are out?
    03-25-09 07:44 PM
    And

The Storm > The iPhone

For the record
    I find having to click and touch a screen is not as effective as just touching a screen. For me, the iPhone is 1000x better than the Storm. The Bold is much better as well.
    03-25-09 07:56 PM

CDMA will be history in a few years anyways. Once LTE rolls out everyone will have the ability to get an iPhone.
    03-25-09 07:58 PM
    another input

cdma... the carrier controls the owner of the phone

gsm ...the owner of the phone controls the phone

verizon will hang on to cdma tooth and nail
    03-26-09 10:59 AM
    And

The Storm > The iPhone

For the record

At what...having to download updates so it works? You have an issue with Pride or you are simply stuck in a contract and the storm is the best VZW has to offer...either way your statement is false.
    03-26-09 07:46 PM
    everyone will be gsm soon, i read somewhere i about it!
    even verizon,sprint all of them!
    everyone will be able to have iphone.
    03-26-09 07:57 PM
    Don't knock the guy for saying the Storm is better than the iPhone. It is! It may not beat the iPhone 3G, but it certainly beats to **** the first two editions. And I seem to remember back when the original iPhone was plagued with problems. Good thing they've fixed all that.

You know, like...
    copy and paste.
    MMS.
    A flash on the camera.

Stuff like that.

EDIT: I had the first two editions of the iPhone. They're trash compared to the Storm. Then again, AT&T sucks pretty bad as well. I may not have GSM anymore, but I do have a network that's just as fast and works everywhere rather than just as fast and works...some places.
    03-26-09 08:31 PM
    another input

cdma... the carrier controls the owner of the phone

gsm ...the owner of the phone controls the phone

verizon will hang on to cdma tooth and nail
    Exactly why Apple went to Verizon first (if that's really what happened)... If the iPhone was CDMA, there'd be no unlocking and popping other carriers' sim cards in it
    03-26-09 09:29 PM
    CDMA will be history in a few years anyways. Once LTE rolls out everyone will have the ability to get an iPhone.
    If fact, VZW rolling out LTE earlier than ATT.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 10:04 PM
    Exactly why Apple went to Verizon first (if that's really what happened)... If the iPhone was CDMA, there'd be no unlocking and popping other carriers' sim cards in it

i heard that also that Apple went to Verizon first and they didnt like that Verizon was going to control the way there phone is and Apple dropped them.

GSM is more universal.
    03-30-09 02:11 PM
    i heard that also that Apple went to Verizon first and they didnt like that Verizon was going to control the way there phone is and Apple dropped them.

GSM is more universal.
    Apple went to Verizon first.. originally Apple wanted sole discretion of where the device is sold, how it's warrantied, etc.. Verizon said no.

Apple wanted the device to be sold only in Apple stores with all the warranty work going through Apple. I think they also wanted to be the sole company to control the pricing of the device itself along with the data plans..

Verizon said no, AT&T said yes and now here we are.

Some 80% of the world's population uses GSM. CDMA is mainly in America and it's a dying tech and Verizon knows this. It's a good idea to be switching for LTE..
    03-30-09 03:08 PM
    everyone will be gsm soon, i read somewhere i about it!
    even verizon,sprint all of them!
    everyone will be able to have iphone.
    This is because LTE, LongTermEvolution is based on GSM technologies.

Sprint wont be joining the LTE bandwagon because they are bringing their own 4G technology, WiMax.
    03-30-09 03:11 PM
    And

The Storm > The iPhone

For the record

At what...having to download updates so it works? You have an issue with Pride or you are simply stuck in a contract and the storm is the best VZW has to offer...either way your statement is false.
    My Storm's on AT&T

My iPhone's sitting on my Dresser.

I take it out when I want a toy
    03-31-09 04:00 PM
    yeah.... i just wish IPHONE was on verizon......

So when i really thought about it i was life wtf....

I dont like at&t and love verizon....

I hate verizon at the moment because they denied the IPHONE
    03-31-09 10:56 PM
    Well.. I love the fact that it's on AT&T.. I like being able to use DATA and/or WIFI while making calls..

Some of the apps are rather large, so using data/wifi while on the phone is a HUGE HUGE HUGE plus.
    04-01-09 10:56 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD