Is it working okay for you?

I've been testing my iCloud email virtually all day. And thus far it seems to be working better ever...

Weird.

Also, I received an email from Mobile ME today, reminding me to move my old Mobile ME account [I had two] from Mobile ME to iCloud. I moved it today, and have an extra 20GB or so, till June 2012. I might have to test my iCloud email a bit more. I certainly want it to work correctly, because the one thing I hate the MOST about GMail is the ads on the web interface.
    11-30-11 06:35 PM
    Navi. My me.com mail is fine. Why don't you setup gmail as exchange?

Sent from my MD276LL using Tapatalk
    11-30-11 06:41 PM
    Thanks. My GMail is setup as Exchange on my iPad and iPhone. But, I really wanted to switch to iCloud (me.com), and when it was initially release it was TERRIBLE.

During my test in the past 24 hours or so it seem MUCH better.

Typically when I'm at work or home, I'm working from a computer, and typically use a browser to check\send emails. But, with GMail, I can't STAND the ads! Then again, I despise ads on everything, even more so if I've paid for an app or something.
    11-30-11 07:08 PM
    How hard was it to move everything to iCloud. i thought about making the move and getting everything (contacts and calendar to the cloud.)

Teach me oh Jedi master
    11-30-11 07:36 PM
    LOL -

1. From GMail export Calendar and Contacts items (available in the menu \ settings for each section)
    2. From your computer, open Microsoft Outlook (if you have it), and then import the Calendar and Contacts
    3. Configure iCloud Control Panel (you'd need to download this from Apple), and then configure it to sync all the items that are in Microsoft Outlook

After doing all that, all your items, i.e. Calendar and Contacts will be in iCloud's Calendar and Contacts on your iOS devices, and on the web, iCloud.com

A lot of work, innit?

Someone else may have a quicker solution, but, that's the best way I figured out how to do it. Also, if you want to move all your current email from GMail to iCloud email, you'd have to add GMail and iCloud email to Microsoft Outlook as an IMAP account (or to a Windows Live email client), and then copy and paste from one account to another...I hope you're taking notes
    Accidental Post likes this.
    11-30-11 07:44 PM
    Lol on a MAC so I will figure it out. Or I will do from the office..

Thanks
    11-30-11 07:56 PM
    I've finished moving Email, Calendar and Contacts from GMail to iCloud.

Now the fun begins...
    11-30-11 09:46 PM
    ...you see when one speaks too soon, what happens is things STOP working! So, iCloud email is not PUSHing anymore, albeit it worked fine for about 48 hours.

I give up, I'll stick with GMail. Maybe I'll use a client for GMail to thus avoid seeing the ads on their website.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-01-11 09:18 AM
    Gluten for punishment, I'm trying it again...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk...
    12-02-11 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD