I'm new to iPhone from a 9700. (not totally sold yet). Been a "crackhead" for years.
    I bought a 3Gs running os4 off craigslist just to check it out and like it so far. The battery SUX tho.
    Can't get more than 6 hrs w/moderate use (2 email accounts/1 gmail being pushed).
    I'm thinking if I'm ever in a position where I don't have access to a power supply for 8 or 10 hrs, I'm screwed!!!
    I try to to close out programs to keep them from running in the back ground but it doesn't seem to help. I would get 12 to 16 hrs on my 9700 with heavy use....WTF.
    Dude at an Apple Store tells me he can get 1-1/2 days on his i4. I just smiled and walked away. He was either BS'ing me or he makes 1 phone call and receives 1 email.
    The point of this post is: How much batt life do i4 power users get?????
    07-13-10 08:06 AM
    I'm new to iPhone from a 9700. (not totally sold yet). Been a "crackhead" for years.
    I bought a 3Gs running os4 off craigslist just to check it out and like it so far. The battery SUX tho.
    Can't get more than 6 hrs w/moderate use (2 email accounts/1 gmail being pushed).
    I'm thinking if I'm ever in a position where I don't have access to a power supply for 8 or 10 hrs, I'm screwed!!!
    I try to to close out programs to keep them from running in the back ground but it doesn't seem to help. I would get 12 to 16 hrs on my 9700 with heavy use....WTF.
    Dude at an Apple Store tells me he can get 1-1/2 days on his i4. I just smiled and walked away. He was either BS'ing me or he makes 1 phone call and receives 1 email.
    The point of this post is: How much batt life do i4 power users get?????

I have a Blackberry 9650 Bold as well as the iPhone4 and must say that I completely agree with the Apple employee. The battery on the iPhone is nothing short of spectacular. I am blown away at how long the phone lasts on a single charge. I previously owned a 3G and was underwhelmed at its battery performance but this iPhone4 is a new breed. I can attest to the fact that the phone can go well over a full day and a half on a single charge. The other day I took the iPhone off the charger at 7am and NEVER put it on a charger until 10pm that day it the phone was at 60%. I don't know how Apple improved the battery so drastically especially since the size of the actual battery is not that much larger but if you need a phone that can last the iPhone4 is it!
    07-13-10 08:56 AM
    I have a Blackberry 9650 Bold as well as the iPhone4 and must say that I completely agree with the Apple employee. The battery on the iPhone is nothing short of spectacular. I am blown away at how long the phone lasts on a single charge. I previously owned a 3G and was underwhelmed at its battery performance but this iPhone4 is a new breed. I can attest to the fact that the phone can go well over a full day and a half on a single charge. The other day I took the iPhone off the charger at 7am and NEVER put it on a charger until 10pm that day it the phone was at 60%. I don't know how Apple improved the battery so drastically especially since the size of the actual battery is not that much larger but if you need a phone that can last the iPhone4 is it!
    Nice. How much use? Talk time, #of emails/txt, etc.....
    07-13-10 09:15 AM
    I'm not a heavy user but I get through a day easy. My wife gets through two days.

My usage is: 10-20 emails from 2 accounts (both Gmail but one is pushed by exchange)
    50-100 texts
    10-20 minutes of phone calls
    A few hours on wifi browsing
    1 hour of games
    Wifi always on but not always connected
    Location services on
    3G on

I ended yesterday with 60 percent. I had the 3GS and battery life sucked. The iPhone 4 was a wonderful surprise.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 09:21 AM
    I'm not a heavy user but I get through a day easy. My wife gets through two days.

My usage is: 10-20 emails from 2 accounts (both Gmail but one is pushed by exchange)
    50-100 texts
    10-20 minutes of phone calls
    A few hours on wifi browsing
    1 hour of games
    Wifi always on but not always connected
    Location services on
    3G on

I ended yesterday with 60 percent. I had the 3GS and battery life sucked. The iPhone 4 was a wonderful surprise.

This is pretty encouraging. I'm starting to favor the iPhone....next upgrade might have to be the i4. Still waiting on the 9800 before I spend an upgrade. If I can comfortably get a long day out of an i4, I'm sold.
    The 9800 needs to be spectacular or RIM's in deep s**t
    07-13-10 09:31 AM
    Lets put it like this: the iPhone 4 battery is just as good or if not better than the 9700. The 3GS battery SUCK compared the the IP4. You will be very surprised with the IP4 battery life. Look for the topic in this forum about it.
    07-13-10 09:33 AM
    forums.crackberry.com/f99/having-good-battery-life-iphone-4-a-489505/
    07-13-10 09:38 AM
    Lets put it like this: the iPhone 4 battery is just as good or if not better than the 9700. The 3GS battery SUCK compared the the IP4. You will be very surprised with the IP4 battery life. Look for the topic in this forum about it.
    Ahhh....I search for threads/posts with i4 battery and got nothing. I've been bumping around here for a couple yrs and hate "repeat" threads.
    This brightens my day!....the iPhone is packed with features I really "USE", not that bb doesn't. It's just, for me, the iPhone seems to suite my needs better. With this news on i4 battery and push gmail, that brings it home for me!
    My friends will freak if I'm rockin the i4. Especally my iPhone buddies I always cracked on!!

P.S.-being able to set custom message tones would be swell, too
    07-13-10 09:46 AM
    forums.crackberry.com/f99/having-good-battery-life-iphone-4-a-489505/
    thanks man....reading it now
    07-13-10 09:54 AM
    I wouldn't go as far as comparing the iPhone 4 to the 9700 battery life. Check out http://forum.tipb.com/iphone-forum/1...creenshot.html

People actually post their screen shot of their usage. It's very encouraging! Some get insane life...but on average, it's great!
    07-13-10 10:10 AM
    I have both the 9700 and iPhone 4 and I think
    that statement isn't far from the truth, if it
    isn't already.

I got hundreds of emails a day and I send out
    hundreds or text messages while being on
    twitter all day. My brightness is even a little
    higher than the default. Below is a SS of
    the awesome battery life.

07-13-10 11:27 AM
    ^ wow......all I can say