02-18-11 05:51 PM
    Apple will release a smaller screen device to contend with other tablets. Apple is in the business to make money, they aren't stupid.

Although 6 inches seems a little too small... who knows, it could work out though.
    02-18-11 06:07 PM
    Apple is a smart company, regardless of what you think of the products. Watch any futuristic kind of TV show/movie and what do you see people walking around with? Small devices in their hands that can make calls and also work as a tablet. Samsung was on the right path with the Galaxy Tab but unfortunately, the North American version had the calling feature removed (most likely due to carrier intervention... *bastards*).

I personally doubt that Apple would make a 6 inch iPad though but if they did, the smart move would be to make it that "all-in-one" device.
    02-18-11 08:11 PM
    Despite the idiotic DOA comments from apple's lord and master, an intermediate device between the iphone and current ipad has always been more likely than a larger second model for the simple reason that it offers more portability whereas larger models would just have a smaller audience that could comfortably use them for an extended period of time.

Odds are that they will claim some spurious breakthrough is sufficiently magical to overcome the issues of a smaller size that were previously claimed.
    02-19-11 06:56 AM
    Apple could release the iRobot - capable of merging with your body and giving you immortality, and I still wouldn't be interested. After the iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad stuff, I will NEVER buy anything other than a laptop from Apple again.
    02-19-11 07:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD