Finally the day come and I am using iPhone for work since Monday. We were told that bb is not longer available because it has limited capabilities as a smartphone and business phone and there is not enough apps available. First dat was horrible because I missed my Z10 keyboard ability to attach file while responding to email but second day was worse because I realised that first day wasn't a nightmare. Predictive text is a nightmare, battery lasts 6 hours if I am lucky typing in two languages takes forever. But the last straw was when I realised that if I want to share contact with Samsung device I need to send an email because Bluetooth is useless and NFC well according to Appple is not important. Blackberry needs to do something because it is loosing corporate clients rapidly, two of my friends from two other companies were told pretty much the same and that is together approximately 20,000 potential users they lost in a single day

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    howards and LeeU1911 like this.
    06-20-14 12:39 PM
    That is horrible. I have always wondered why other people have so many problems sharing stuff and go to all these random apps.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 12:43 PM
    This just shows how Apple is still the master of marketing when they can get away with less capable devices...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    LeeU1911 likes this.
    06-20-14 01:09 PM
    I find it a shame that those that make the decisions don't always know all the facts beforehand.
    Better marketing doesn't mean better products
    sk8er_tor and mctapt like this.
    06-20-14 01:14 PM
    At my company we recently switched from BlackBerry legacy devices to iPhones. I was very upset as I struggle to type on the small screen on the iPhone and reception is a lot worse on the iPhone than on the BlackBerry.

I guess they rather prefer to get a hip phone instead of a useful on.

Posted with my amazing Z10
    06-20-14 01:15 PM
    In addition to what I said above it is a real struggle to attach any file to an email which is not stored on Icrap or Icloud at least I still have my private Z10

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 03:58 PM
    I find it a shame that those that make the decisions don't always know all the facts beforehand.
    Like... how we got into Iraq? Despite the legend, shlt flows uphill.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    06-20-14 04:18 PM
    I don't think, iPhone can do what blackberry does. I find iPhone and Android extremely repulsive when it comes to multi tasking.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 04:49 PM
    Like... how we got into Iraq? Despite the legend, shlt flows uphill.
    Correction......

It may very well flow downhill, but it piles up.

I enjoy reminding my superiors of this frequently.

Z30 Fido
    06-20-14 07:07 PM
    Correction......

It may very well flow downhill, but it piles up.

I enjoy reminding my superiors of this frequently.

Z30 Fido
    Haha.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 07:11 PM
    This just shows how Apple is still the master of marketing when they can get away with less capable devices...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    Because some chick, possibly high up or secretary flashed some skin. All decisions by corporate is made this way.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 07:13 PM
    I don't think, iPhone can do what blackberry does. I find iPhone and Android extremely repulsive when it comes to multi tasking.

Posted via CB10
    That comma kinda messes with what you're really trying to say.
    06-20-14 07:29 PM
    That is very polite way to say about multi tasking, multi tasking is not present . I need to use 3 apps to do what I was able to by use only Hub and few things are just impossible without great deal of frustration. One thing is for sure Apple accomplished to convince people that if something starts from I it must be good, however we have to remember that there is no I in team!

I guess they need to invent IBrain too!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by greg_z; 06-21-14 at 06:34 AM.
    06-21-14 06:19 AM
    In addition to what I said above it is a real struggle to attach any file to an email which is not stored on Icrap or Icloud at least I still have my private Z10

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I was surprised about Apple's lack of email and file sharing capabilities. My sis in law has work issued iPhone and personal Mini iPad. She wanted my videos and to send me a video. We weren't able to. She could not even send the attachment via her email thru the browser. She forgot her Mac ID too which was frustrating. And we could not put it on my laptop cause she did not have the cable for the iPad. It was so limiting and frustrating.

She did learn about NFC, bluetooth etc while she was visiting and saw how easy it was for the rest of us to share files amongst Android and BlackBerry.

My Z10 - an extension of me
    06-21-14 10:33 AM
    From your own day one and day two experiences it sounds like the iphone is the one with "limited capabilities." Who is the ***** in charge of IT there and where is he getting his information?
    06-21-14 10:44 AM
    In a month or two he'll have a Mac and an iPad. They all do.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    06-23-14 11:14 AM
    In a month or two he'll have a Mac and an iPad. They all do.
    Of course he'll get a Mac or an iPad. If you want to use Apple products to its full potential, you have to buy all of that. Without it, you are limited with just one device.

I see that they already got you. Once you invested into their system and products, it's hard to leave. I get that.
    06-23-14 12:16 PM
    Of course he'll get a Mac or an iPad. If you want to use Apple products to its full potential, you have to buy all of that. Without it, you are limited with just one device.

I see that they already got you. Once you invested into their system and products, it's hard to leave. I get that.
    Well, they're pretty much the only company that has the luxury of offering that option. Take advantage of an Eco-system that works. I guess that's the beauty of owning the whole widget.

For example, I bough a new router yesterday, Apple Airport. Came home and plugged it into my modem. Went to Wifi settings on my iPhone and it walked me through setting up the router right there. No need to go to a desktop and use some kludgy html interface accessed via I.P. address through a desktop browser, just simple and quick....

Everything just works together, no harm in taking advantage and having things the easy way.

Twitter: xandermac
    mikeo007 and BreakingKayfabe like this.
    06-23-14 12:18 PM
    Well, they're pretty much the only company that has the luxury of offering that option. Take advantage of an Eco-system that works. I guess that's the beauty of owning the whole widget.

For example, I bough a new router yesterday, Apple Airport. Came home and plugged it into my modem. Went to Wifi settings on my iPhone and it walked me through setting up the router right there. No need to go to a desktop and use some kludgy html interface accessed via I.P. address through a desktop browser, just simple and quick....

Everything just works together, no harm in taking advantage and having things the easy way.

Twitter: xandermac
    It's just way too damn easy. I've been using an iPhone for 5 years pretty much exclusively now and I never even used a Mac until I bought one 3 months ago. Even without a Mac the products are more useful than hell. Last Thursday had the day off and was watching the Crackberry podcast on my iphone and decided to just go ahead and AirPlay the thing on my AppleTV with a freaken tap. Stuff just works. And seamlessly.
    06-24-14 05:24 PM
    Yeah I was surprised about Apple's lack of email and file sharing capabilities. My sis in law has work issued iPhone and personal Mini iPad. She wanted my videos and to send me a video. We weren't able to. She could not even send the attachment via her email thru the browser. She forgot her Mac ID too which was frustrating. And we could not put it on my laptop cause she did not have the cable for the iPad. It was so limiting and frustrating.

She did learn about NFC, bluetooth etc while she was visiting and saw how easy it was for the rest of us to share files amongst Android and BlackBerry.

So if she had a blackberry she could have shared whatever with you.

Similarly, if you had an iPhone, she could have shared whatever with you.

You see how that's a wash?

I see this logic used all the time here on crackberry. No one seems to understand the faulty logic.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-24-14 09:10 PM
    It's just way too damn easy. I've been using an iPhone for 5 years pretty much exclusively now and I never even used a Mac until I bought one 3 months ago. Even without a Mac the products are more useful than hell. Last Thursday had the day off and was watching the Crackberry podcast on my iphone and decided to just go ahead and AirPlay the thing on my AppleTV with a freaken tap. Stuff just works. And seamlessly.
    Exactly.

And just wait until this fall.
    iOS 8 AND Yosemite. Extensions all day!

06-24-14 09:13 PM

I see this logic used all the time here on crackberry. No one seems to understand the faulty logic.

You can do the BlackBerry -style sharing amongst almost all major OSes. It's the iPhone that needs another iPhone to be compatible.
    06-24-14 09:37 PM
    So you're saying everyone should get an iPhone?

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 10:03 PM
    So because your sister in law couldn't figure it out you think it can't be done? I send videos to people all the time. Email, iMessage (which can send to any platform that accepts SMS/MMS/iMessages), Bump, AirDrop, any one of a number of cross-platform messaging apps (including BBM, not sure how you missed that one)... There are a dozen ways. It also would seem you couldn't figure out how to send her your videos either.... Seems odd....

Also, forgetting your Apple ID (which is listed right there in the iPhone for those that have that problem...) or your cable doesn't make a device "limiting", it makes the user unprepared and apparently frustrated. Not that she actually needed either, but hey, why ruin a good anecdote with facts.

Last edited by xandermac; 06-25-14 at 08:23 AM.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    06-25-14 08:09 AM

Point is her phone and tablet are not universally able to share with other non-Apple devices. No NFC, no bluetooth, and no USB port that is universal. She would be fine in an all Apple ecosystem. But most of us have moved away from IOS. Just stating the facts.

06-25-14 10:51 AM
37 12