03-22-10 01:21 AM
38 12
tools
    At CES this year sprint didn't come out with anything major or something that blows people out of the water many people say now that they are doomed and that the company is going to fail. I think something big is cooking. Sprint is not a dumb company and they wouldn't just not announcements at CES if they didn't have something big planned in the near future.

The facts
    Verizon: Nexus One, Droid, Eris, Pre Plus, Pixi Plus, Storm 2 etc
    I don't think verizon ever has a chance of getting the iphone because of the way they attacked it and degraded it in recent months
    Tmobile:Hd2, Nexus One, Blackberry bold etc
    Att: iphone 3GS, new android phones have been announced, bold etc.

The Christmas 30 day period for trying out your phone is almost up (they may want it to be up before they announce anything because people would be able to return the phone they just got getting the new one and they would lose profits off of devices like the Hero or Pre)

If the 30 day period started on December 25th then it should be up around January 23rd

It just so happens that their is an Apple product announcement to come on either the 26th or 27th...maybe its not the fabled Apple Tablet that everyone thinks it is

Dan Hesse is not dumb and i think he has something big planned... maybe Iphone with 4g big....

What are your thoughts on this subject??
    Last edited by matthewj555; 01-10-10 at 08:39 AM.
    01-10-10 08:33 AM
    Sprint will never get the Iphone, just like Sprint will never get the BB storm.
    01-10-10 09:39 AM
    What you post is nowhere near enough evidence to believe Sprint is getting a iphone. I will say that in my personal research there have been leaks of Apple working with Qualcomm, that is all I will say about that.

I further believe that Sprint is so far off the radar map these days that it will take a iphone to save them and even then am not to sure.

As a Sprint customer I will say that if Sprint got a iphone I would give it a honest 30 day try. I played with it in the store but there is nothing like real life experience with it.
    01-10-10 11:56 AM
    ++111 I am with you on that statement.
    01-10-10 12:24 PM
    I will say this if Sprint did score the iphone, so many peoples mouths would hit the floor....It would just about kill the Android and Nexus One hype.

So with many people not thinking/hoping its not True, Sprint would steal the show with an announcement like that.
    01-10-10 12:32 PM
    I have to agree totally. With an Iphone on Sprint with their current rates, it would put a dent in a lot of things.

I will say this if Sprint did score the iphone, so many peoples mouths would hit the floor....It would just about kill the Android and Nexus One hype.

So with many people not thinking/hoping its not True, Sprint would steal the show with an announcement like that.
    01-10-10 12:36 PM
    I just do not see Sprint getting the iPhone. It really does sound like it is going to be VZW and if not them then TMO.
    01-10-10 03:21 PM
    Sprint will never get the iPhone. One, because they are using WiMax, and if anything, the iPhone will be made for LTE which the majority of the world will be moving to as their 4G service. Unless Sprint moves to LTE also, then I just don't see it happening.
    01-10-10 05:11 PM
    this is what i was thinking before i even read your comment bravo
    01-10-10 07:49 PM
    Man....I sense a lot of hatred for Sprint...or maybe jealousy....I don't know why though.
    Sprint is in need of a lot of help...not only you need good rates and good coverage, but also good phones. Sprint is lacking on the last one. They have many of the same phones as Verizon but they are always getting them late, and by that point it seems that there's a new one getting ready to be released which totally kills Sprint. Even with the Pre, Verizon stepped all over Sprint pretty much saying, we got your only exclusive phone, made it better and now we get to release it.
    I'll be honest with ya'll, if Sprint gets the iPhone my jaw will drop, and I really don't think it will happen.
    I've been reading the forums a lot and people keep hoping that Sprint will have something big out, but after their must attend event at CES, I must say I don't think they have anything ready.
    Wimax is nice, but not available nationwide...that would have been a great announcement for Sprint, nationwide Wimax, with that rumored HTC A9292 phone.
    Anyways, I'll stick with them until they go down or whatever happens to them. I hope though that they come out with something good or catch a break. For some reason Sprint doesn't feel like the other carriers, maybe it's just the phones they offer...I don't know...
    01-10-10 08:08 PM
    Ya I don't see sprint getting the Iphone at all there a crappy carrier and there going down and losing subs like crazy so no the iphone wont come to sprint

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 09:04 PM
    I don't think they are a crappy carrier, they are actually pretty good, they had a bad reputation in the past but they have changed for the better....
    01-10-10 09:11 PM
    Crappy carrier, not crappy carrier, it doesnt matter

Sprint likely cant afford to pay Apple what they want seeing as their financials are in the tank from bleeding millions of subs, and their plans are so cheap. What is Apple going to take a cut of exactly on a $59 all-inclusive plan? Apple takes a cut of the ATT $30 data plan, what exactly is Sprint going to offer them that will come close to matching that and still make a profit off the plans?
    01-10-10 10:15 PM
    When I used Sprint...(all 6 days), my coverage was so spotty...when the map said I'd have excellent coverage. So from personal experience, if Sprint were to get the iPhone, it wouldn't last long.

Based off more concrete facts, Sprint is still bleeding customers. On their current pricing models, their low prices may eventually drive them out of business...
    01-11-10 01:36 PM
    I thought this article was interesting.....

dailywireless.org WiMAX iPhone: Coming to Korea?
    01-14-10 10:27 PM
    I think that google has started a new way of how the consumer is going to pay for phones. Apple is certainly loosing more iphone costumers because of their exclusive deal but i think like most people it is going to change.

I think that ATT costumers will still be able to have new iphones (after all att is the second largerst carrier by costumers in the US)but a CDMA carrier will (in my opinion) have the iphone. Overall, this is very positive for the consumer and service along with pricing will be the base of decisions. I really like this!
    01-15-10 09:51 AM
    I think that google has started a new way of how the consumer is going to pay for phones.
    I dont completely agree with that.

Theyre not doing anything special other then selling the phone through google direct. You still either get it subsidized with a Tmo plan or full price- same way all other carriers do.

And even worse on top of the carrier ETF theres a Google ETF too.
    01-15-10 05:13 PM
    I think that google has started a new way of how the consumer is going to pay for phones. Apple is certainly loosing more iphone costumers because of their exclusive deal but i think like most people it is going to change.

I think that ATT costumers will still be able to have new iphones (after all att is the second largerst carrier by costumers in the US)but a CDMA carrier will (in my opinion) have the iphone. Overall, this is very positive for the consumer and service along with pricing will be the base of decisions. I really like this!
    apple really is not losing anything, the iPhone is best selling smartphone in history. World wide apple is making a killing on the iPhone. And really Google took the easy way out and had HTC make a phone for them. The model is just a copy of what people in other countries already have the ability to buy phones and run them on any carrier. It's just here in the sates really that we have to deal with locked phones.
    01-15-10 05:17 PM
    Its not different than any other TMo phone, you can use ATT EDGE but not 3G and cant use it on Sprint or VZW anyways. So basically it mine as well jsut be another TMo branded phone in the end. nothing revolutionary from Google in the way theyre selling it.
    01-15-10 05:21 PM
    At CES this year sprint didn't come out with anything major or something that blows people out of the water many people say now that they are doomed and that the company is going to fail. I think something big is cooking. Sprint is not a dumb company and they wouldn't just not announcements at CES if they didn't have something big planned in the near future.

The facts
    Verizon: Nexus One, Droid, Eris, Pre Plus, Pixi Plus, Storm 2 etc
    I don't think verizon ever has a chance of getting the iphone because of the way they attacked it and degraded it in recent months
    Tmobile:Hd2, Nexus One, Blackberry bold etc
    Att: iphone 3GS, new android phones have been announced, bold etc.

The Christmas 30 day period for trying out your phone is almost up (they may want it to be up before they announce anything because people would be able to return the phone they just got getting the new one and they would lose profits off of devices like the Hero or Pre)

If the 30 day period started on December 25th then it should be up around January 23rd

It just so happens that their is an Apple product announcement to come on either the 26th or 27th...maybe its not the fabled Apple Tablet that everyone thinks it is

Dan Hesse is not dumb and i think he has something big planned... maybe Iphone with 4g big....

What are your thoughts on this subject??
    I highly doubt it, if they were going to go CDMA, im sure Apple would make the right move and go with Verizon depending if they made a deal.
    01-15-10 06:17 PM
    Uh yeh what does sprint have to offer Apple? 29 million CDMA customers? Even if they sell to 10% like ATT, thats a whopping under 3 million total phones. I think ATT sold that in the first 2 or 3 weeks after launch.....

What does Sprint have to offer them in terms of a cut of the data plans when they already charge rock bottom already for everything to be able to still pull a profit themselves?

Plus you do realize WIMAX isnt always WIMAX just like HSPA isnt always HSPA, bands change in different countries and arent compatible.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 01-15-10 at 06:25 PM.
    01-15-10 06:21 PM
    Apple is certainly loosing more iphone costumers because of their exclusive deal but i think like most people it is going to change.
    Apple isn't losing anything. I'm pretty sure last quarter or the one before AT&T sold over 5 million iPhones. I don't remember if they were all new subscribers. Apple is gaining more and more.
    01-15-10 06:53 PM
    I think that TMO will get the iPhone next. TMO already offers it in the UK
    and TMO and AT&T are the only GMS network in the USA that has G3.
    01-15-10 07:36 PM
    Well here is my 2 cents... Apple is using intel chipsets with its Mac computers I'm sure Intel is pushing to catch up and have a mobile processor that can compete with the others out there and with that Intel is one of the big money investors in WiMax so being as it may i cant say that Apple would not look at WiMax for the next phone along with Sprint for a possible carrier. Sprint still has cash and spends it freely and I'm sure they could make apple an offer they cant refuse.. they paid 40 billion for Nextel.. I will say this I own a iPhone 3gs along with 6 members of my immediate family and I have never been so mad about coverage as I am with at&t right now it is terrible I have Sprint for my business and it is far... far more reliable that the at&t network and whats sad is I am in Dallas a huge at&t area their head quarters are here... all I can think is that apple is not happy with the limits that at&t has on them from not being able to stream video to many other issues, with Sprint apple could pretty much really.. really push the limits for the next iPhone because Sprint would offer no resistance due to them getting basically a company saving phone.. Sprint has really improved their customer service they still have a way to go but it is a far cry from 2 years ago last time i dealt with them.. and ill end with this with sprint Apple can get phones into the hands of people that well.. lets just say wouldn't qualify for a plan with at&t Sprint has a no deposit plan to set up it just sets spending limits... and let me tell you there are millions of people that want iPhone that just cant pay the huge deposit at&t and Verizon requires... anyway just my opinion
    01-16-10 08:00 AM
    My money is on TMobile this summer.
    01-16-10 09:40 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD