The speaker quality is amazing. Music and alerts are so crisp and clear! Wow, so nice!
    10-14-11 08:59 PM
    Cool little review, thanks! It's always exciting to get a new device!

PS: Doesn't it seem like most of us that joined CrackBerry in 2008 now have either Android or iphone? Just something I've been noticing!
    You are absolutely right!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    10-14-11 09:05 PM
    I had both the torch and iphone in white and idk for some reason I really think the iphone 4 looks better in white... but still black will still always give that "classic" feeling and look
    10-14-11 09:06 PM
    "The speaker quality is amazing. Music and alerts are so crisp and clear! Wow, so nice!"

I plan on getting the iphone 4s in a couple weeks......so looking forward to your review.
    10-14-11 09:16 PM
    I'm glad you all love your stuff but where are mac's made?
    My box says Designed by Apple in California
    Assembled in China
    10-15-11 10:24 AM
    My macbook pro says the same

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-11 10:38 AM
    @ moiselles, we are both having parallel experiences. And have good taste in color and case choices

Some observations, in all fairness (because I personally would rather see unbiased, realistic reviews and experiences): Day two & Siri is acting up now. She is Beta, however, so that would be a factor. She either isn't responding today, is taking a very long time, tells me she doesn't understand, or is having trouble connecting to the network. Yesterday she was responding in a snap and got everything I said. Even when I told her to tell the guy tailgating me to back off, lol - she repeated what I said perfectly, but said she didn't understand what I wanted her to do with the tailgater, and would I like her to search the web for that. I just read on how to Reset Network Connections to factory default. Kind of chicken to do that just yet, I haven't changed them and if VZW did when activating, I don't want a Reset to make things worse. (If anyone knows if that will do harm or not, I'm listening.)

Very minor: I personally prefer BB's email folder layout. Also not an i4S deal breaker, & something I'll definitely get used to. The guy in line in front of me, changing from a Storm 2, expressed concern about email push delay. I see now the fastest setting is every 15 minutes. If one relies heavily on email for business (I don't), I can see how that could perhaps be an issue, say if one urgently needs a document or something. Although I4S has a manual push option (I've not tested it yet.)

I'll have to play close attention to battery life; I had it fully charged by 3 a.m. Took it off the charger, doodled a bit (couldn't sleep), went back to sleep. It's now just after 11 a.m. and in 8 hrs (4 of them just sitting unused) the battery is at 51% charge. The rep at VZW showed me how to Close open apps (since hitting main button still leaves them running, per him). I just did that, there were quite a few running. And suspect YouMail is a drainer. With my Bold I could probably get close to 2 full days without a recharge, but then I habitually closed everything. So I'll have to make the close routine a habit rather than just hitting the center button.

So far, my personal conclusion is it's just a matter of Apples & Oranges and what's best suited to individual needs and choices. I'm so used to RIM, just have to get used to Apple's way of doing things. I am still enchanted, standouts so far are Siri, call quality and camera. It has the HDR setting, so when that's on & you snap a pic you get two, a standard and HDR version. Difference in HDR is absolutely readily visible when comparing the two pic versions. I kept looking for a Zoom button, I use that a lot. Just now figured out taking both thumbs and swiping outward pulls up a + to - bar and zoom feature. Kind of awkward over a one-handed scroll button, but not a terrible adjustment to make. Very nice to have red-eye removal, crop, rotate right at hand.

I still can't figure out how to get my Tasks synced in. It's making me nuts! I just found a 3rd party app that's very pricey ($50 minimum) but has a fully functional 14 day trial that will do it. But one would think since the Reminders app is there that tasks would sync?
    moiselles and auntrosie like this.
    10-15-11 11:22 AM
    Yep! My first white phone! So pretty!
    I picked up a white iP4s yesterday for my daughter's birthday present. I'm so glad I risked buying her white. She absolutely loves it!
    periwinklemoon and moiselles like this.
    10-15-11 12:05 PM
    Love your review, Periwinklemoon! Very fair. I've had some connection issues, but only in this one spot in my house and I had the exact same connection problem with my Torch, so I know it's not a device-specific issue. So when I'm in this specific spot on my couch, sometimes Siri will say she can't connect, but she's been pretty good so far. My husband and I like asking her random questions.

My battery does seem to drop fast. Last night I went to bed around 11:30pm, my battery was at 98%, woke up at 6:15, battery was at 92%, so not a bad drain at all. But I've been playing with it all morning (music, Siri, camera, Twitter, Facebook, downloading some apps), so I'd attribute most of the drain to the fact that I was on my phone for 5 hours straight.
    10-15-11 12:22 PM
    My iphone drained fast as well too maybe becuase I listen too so much music (4,900) songs
    10-15-11 12:43 PM
    My iphone drained fast as well too maybe becuase I listen too so much music (4,900) songs
    Wow! I have 500 songs and I thought that was alot. How many songs will fit on an iPhone, like 32 GB?
    10-15-11 12:55 PM
    I am so thrilled I found out how to close apps running in the background. I had like 12 things going on in the background! Lol.
    10-15-11 01:00 PM
    I have 650 songs and 1300 photos on a 16GB and still have 5.3GB free. You should be able to get 2000 songs on a 32GB.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-15-11 01:03 PM
    Yes I had that amount (4,000) on mines and 3,000 pics and still had 4.0 gb (32gb) left and trying to fit that amount on my blackberry would be insane
    10-15-11 01:12 PM
    Love your review, Periwinklemoon! Very fair. I've had some connection issues, but only in this one spot in my house and I had the exact same connection problem with my Torch, so I know it's not a device-specific issue. So when I'm in this specific spot on my couch, sometimes Siri will say she can't connect, but she's been pretty good so far. My husband and I like asking her random questions.

My battery does seem to drop fast. Last night I went to bed around 11:30pm, my battery was at 98%, woke up at 6:15, battery was at 92%, so not a bad drain at all. But I've been playing with it all morning (music, Siri, camera, Twitter, Facebook, downloading some apps), so I'd attribute most of the drain to the fact that I was on my phone for 5 hours straight.
    It just occurred to me that's my problem. (So deep in tweaking & learning the obvious doesn't hit me right away, haha.) I'm sitting in my home office, right in front of our network gateway box. This room got the worst reception on my Bold too, took forEVER for web pages to load in here (far worse than the average aggravating delay). So must be the gateway? Finally just got home wi-fi hooked up to i4S (passcode issue, but got it).

I've read till I'm bleary eyed, I just don't see a quick way to sync Tasks, which rule my every waking minute, lol. I still think i4S would or should have the ability to sync them since the reminder app is there, but it looks like I have to buy an app. Found one called 2Do that's pricey but looks really very nice for someone like me. I used SlickTasks on my BBs and loved it, one of my best apps ever, but they don't make it for iPhones.

Oh, a Siri tip I forgot to relate that the VZW rep showed me. If you have GPS on, you can tell Siri "Remind me to take out the garbage when I get home", or "Remind me to call Mike when I arrive at the office." I'm guessing Siri pulls the location data from Contacts (think she verifies that, but can't remember & can't test while she's acting up). She will tell you upon arrival at the specified destination to take out the trash or call Mike. Pretty cool! (If they packaged Siri alone in her own little box, wives and girlfriends the world over would snatch them up if they have absent-minded hubs like mine! )
    10-15-11 01:19 PM
    Great tip about Siri, Peri, but how do you tell her which location is work or home?
    10-15-11 01:25 PM
    thats amazing (siri)
    10-15-11 02:07 PM
    moiselles: Siri still won't connect to the network for me. I went outside, thinking I could go through the steps and relay to you, but still no network. (Even tho wi-fi is connected.) If she doesn't connect to network when I get away from my house then I'll have to get some VZW help with it. (When I played around with her yesterday, 90% of it was away from my house.)

Anyway, I'm pretty sure she pulls up contacts based on GPS. So in Contacts you'd have to have one called "Work" with an office address, or "Home" and a physical address listed there too. (Unless GPS can pull up a location based on a phone number alone?) Then she verifies if that's the location you're talking about and you respond yes or no. If so, then it goes into Reminders. Once the phone is at that location per GPS, the reminder alert pops up.

See if you can test her using a different contact, like a relative or friend, and give some random task you want to do next time you're there. So "Remind me to give Susie Que her shirt when I arrive at her house". Siri should ask if that's Susie Que from your contacts and display the location.

Just be sure GPS for Siri is on: Settings → Locations Services → Siri
    10-15-11 02:10 PM
    I got my tasks synced. Took a 3rd party app to do it, but that's OK, I really like the app and will use it heavily. Much more tidy and organized than reminders. If anyone is interested, I can share details. Now I'm all snuggled in with the necessities.

Really just wanted to say that what this smartphone will do, and do seamlessly between phone/iTunes/and a PC (not even a Mac) is amazing to me. And I've barely given it a good workout. Just amazing...
    10-15-11 03:58 PM
    I am so thrilled I found out how to close apps running in the background. I had like 12 things going on in the background! Lol.
    New user here.....how do I close apps running?
    10-15-11 06:44 PM
    Double tap on the home button and it will pull up the apps running in the background. Hold one of the icons to make them wiggle (like when you move icons on the home screen) and then click the little red " - " to close out the app.
    auntrosie likes this.
    10-15-11 07:12 PM
    While we're all happy that you have entered the magical land of Apple, you really need to remember this is a Blackberry forum. While your transformation into an Applehead is fascinating to watch and your description of the fairy-like siri is certainly compelling, you might want to move to TiPb.

There you will find a magical fairyland awaits you with unicorns, happy clowns, balloons.....and those nasty old angry birds.

Peace and tranquility to all and happy rainbows for us all.......
    10-16-11 12:05 AM
    And most of had blackberries before you knew what Crackberry was so leave the iPhone forum go back to where you came from.

TROLL
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-16-11 12:29 AM
    Play nice!!!!!!!
    Chrisy and auntrosie like this.
    10-16-11 12:37 AM
    enjoy it buddy
    10-16-11 02:51 AM
81 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD