Since no matter what I looked at I kept going back to i4s, I wanted to try to get one today. Went to local VZW Corp store, running late, certain the line would be around the building. Doors opened at 8, I got there at 7:58 and walked in. There were maybe 6 people ahead of me waiting for the new iphone, half of whom were purchasing multiple phones. I waited almost an hour, got (most) everything set up, I've had twenty minutes of play time and feel like I'm falling in love. It is FANTASTIC so far!

Siri is an absolute hoot. After rapidly doing a web search I said "Thank you Siri". She said "I'm here to serve".

I was concerned about call volume, after playing with a 4 at Best Buy and could not hear. I got a call in the parking lot, perfect timing. Not only was the volume loud enough I can turn it down a bit, it was noticeably more crisp and clear than my Bold. It seemed like most of the other customers in line were iPhone owners upgrading, probably from an older model based on bits and pieces overheard. The person behind me might have had a Droid (hard to see it). But the guy in line in front of me was switching from a Storm 2.

I got the 32GB in White, with a purple/white Otterbox Commuter Series case. Looks nice! Normally prefer to shop accessories elsewhere, but they gave me 25% off and I didn't want to walk out with a bare nekkid phone.

Two hitches; their system wasn't working so I have to manually import my contacts. Shouldn't be a big deal. But they kept wanting to push their coverage through Assurion (sp) and I wanted Apple Care+, it seems a far better coverage plan. They didn't have means to sign me up right there, but the store manage verified it's available through VZW,. I just have to call Apple directly. That's going to be fun, trying to get through today.

Anyway, just had to share! Except for a fairly old (first gen I believe) iPod Nano I'm an Apple newbie.
    10-14-11 10:37 AM
    Congrats on the new device.
    periwinklemoon likes this.
    10-14-11 11:00 AM
    Awesome story! Glad you like your new device.
    VIDGMER and periwinklemoon like this.
    10-14-11 11:20 AM
    Since no matter what I looked at I kept going back to i4s, I wanted to try to get one today. Went to local VZW Corp store, running late, certain the line would be around the building. Doors opened at 8, I got there at 7:58 and walked in. There were maybe 6 people ahead of me waiting for the new iphone, half of whom were purchasing multiple phones. I waited almost an hour, got (most) everything set up, I've had twenty minutes of play time and feel like I'm falling in love. It is FANTASTIC so far!

Siri is an absolute hoot. After rapidly doing a web search I said "Thank you Siri". She said "I'm here to serve".

I was concerned about call volume, after playing with a 4 at Best Buy and could not hear. I got a call in the parking lot, perfect timing. Not only was the volume loud enough I can turn it down a bit, it was noticeably more crisp and clear than my Bold. It seemed like most of the other customers in line were iPhone owners upgrading, probably from an older model based on bits and pieces overheard. The person behind me might have had a Droid (hard to see it). But the guy in line in front of me was switching from a Storm 2.

I got the 32GB in White, with a purple/white Otterbox Commuter Series case. Looks nice! Normally prefer to shop accessories elsewhere, but they gave me 25% off and I didn't want to walk out with a bare nekkid phone.

Two hitches; their system wasn't working so I have to manually import my contacts. Shouldn't be a big deal. But they kept wanting to push their coverage through Assurion (sp) and I wanted Apple Care+, it seems a far better coverage plan. They didn't have means to sign me up right there, but the store manage verified it's available through VZW,. I just have to call Apple directly. That's going to be fun, trying to get through today.

Anyway, just had to share! Except for a fairly old (first gen I believe) iPod Nano I'm an Apple newbie.
    I don't know about you, but I have used only BB for the last 5 years.
    The fascination I have with this whole system is like seeing a cell phone for the first time in my life.
    It really is incredible!
    I've been dictating all my texts with Siri and it's unbelievably accurate.
    FWIW, I'm the type of guy who needs a computer to just "work" when I turn it on. I don't have time to mess with antivirus, spyware, and lots of "maintenance"....... So I tried my first Mac a little over a year ago.
    Unless you need Windows for a special program that's only available on Windows, Mac's are really nice and fast!
    BTW....... Did Verizon have the Reflex case too?
    10-14-11 12:24 PM
    Welcome everybody to world of everything just works. Now if you all had an apple tv I could show you some really nice things....

http://forums.crackberry.com/apple-i...s-game-652097/
    10-14-11 12:42 PM
    Cool little review, thanks! It's always exciting to get a new device!

PS: Doesn't it seem like most of us that joined CrackBerry in 2008 now have either Android or iphone? Just something I've been noticing!
    periwinklemoon and hondateg91 like this.
    10-14-11 12:45 PM
    I don't know about you, but I have used only BB for the last 5 years.
    The fascination I have with this whole system is like seeing a cell phone for the first time in my life.
    It really is incredible!
    I've been dictating all my texts with Siri and it's unbelievably accurate.
    FWIW, I'm the type of guy who needs a computer to just "work" when I turn it on. I don't have time to mess with antivirus, spyware, and lots of "maintenance"....... So I tried my first Mac a little over a year ago.
    Unless you need Windows for a special program that's only available on Windows, Mac's are really nice and fast!
    BTW....... Did Verizon have the Reflex case too?
    It's a month shy of nothing but Berries for me for the past 3 years. Feels like longer, so checked by join date, landed here around time of Storm 1 release, my first smartphone. (We won't talk about that, it gave me nightmares ). Then they swapped it for a pink Curve 8330, technically a downgrade but loved that phone, such a workhorse! Still have it! But when the Tour came out I wanted more up to date, so got that. Within a year I had wonky trackball issues and eventually got a Bold 9650 from VZW for all the Tour trouble. Bold I used the longest of all, and was doing fine till the past month and problems started. Needed batt pulls, calls were dropping or cutting out, camera froze all the time and rebooted the phone. I've been fascinated with the iPhone since it came out, and was thrilled when it came to VZW (couldn't switch to AT&T because my rural hometown is so rural that VZW is the only reliable carrier). But I wasn't eligible for an upgrade. By last spring when I was, the rumors of this new iphone were swirling so I waited. And that's my story I've had my eye on some Macs for awhile, but haven't taken that leap. I decided today that if I love this phone as much as the initial reaction, I'll probably ask Santa for an iPad for Christmas to replace my old Gateway laptop, get a new desktop, and I'm good to go.

Now if I could just get iTunes to recognize my phone. I'm upgrading iTunes from 9 to 10 now. If that doesn't work I'll do an uninstall/reinstall. They say it shouldn't be necessary but I've got services settings in Control Panel as they should be, so don't know what the glitch is. Till then, no Contacts. Beyond that, I've no clue yet how to sync my Calendar via iTunes, but I'll get it a step at a time. If I can build and master a Win based beast, this should be smoother sailing, yes?
    10-14-11 01:05 PM
    It's a month shy of nothing but Berries for me for the past 3 years. Feels like longer, so checked by join date, landed here around time of Storm 1 release, my first smartphone. (We won't talk about that, it gave me nightmares ). Then they swapped it for a pink Curve 8330, technically a downgrade but loved that phone, such a workhorse! Still have it! But when the Tour came out I wanted more up to date, so got that. Within a year I had wonky trackball issues and eventually got a Bold 9650 from VZW for all the Tour trouble. Bold I used the longest of all, and was doing fine till the past month and problems started. Needed batt pulls, calls were dropping or cutting out, camera froze all the time and rebooted the phone. I've been fascinated with the iPhone since it came out, and was thrilled when it came to VZW (couldn't switch to AT&T because my rural hometown is so rural that VZW is the only reliable carrier). But I wasn't eligible for an upgrade. By last spring when I was, the rumors of this new iphone were swirling so I waited. And that's my story I've had my eye on some Macs for awhile, but haven't taken that leap. I decided today that if I love this phone as much as the initial reaction, I'll probably ask Santa for an iPad for Christmas to replace my old Gateway laptop, get a new desktop, and I'm good to go.

Now if I could just get iTunes to recognize my phone. I'm upgrading iTunes from 9 to 10 now. If that doesn't work I'll do an uninstall/reinstall. They say it shouldn't be necessary but I've got services settings in Control Panel as they should be, so don't know what the glitch is. Till then, no Contacts. Beyond that, I've no clue yet how to sync my Calendar via iTunes, but I'll get it a step at a time. If I can build and master a Win based beast, this should be smoother sailing, yes?
    Get the Mac and help the economy! LOL
    I have a Macbook Pro, an ipad 1, and this new 4s.
    When I got the ipad, the new 11" Air wasn't out.
    I think I'll probably end up keeping the MBP and using it with the keyboard and mouse for a desktop replacement, and getting the 11" Air for my ultra portable instead of the ipad 1.
    I really had no intentions of becoming and Apple " Fanboy", but somehow it seems to be going that way! LOL
    10-14-11 02:21 PM
    @dloreski,
    I've had my eye on a Macbook Pro matte screen for a long time (like well over a year).
    I need a matte screen (glare causes headaches).

Apple store in Chicago tells me it's unlikely iMacs will have them, so if I want a mac it's either the laptop or nothing.

Well, I finally got the phone to recognize my gmail accounts. (Couldn't tell you what finally went right, but the one thing I did differently was match my "ID" or nickname from gmail exactly into the iPhone, Before I was giving it a different name (same address and password tho).

Still can't get itunes to find my phone. grrr. I'm sure it's a setting on my PC. Guess I'll do an uninstall and fresh install of itunes.

I can't figure out how to do google sync yet either. I was looking for a route other than iTunes for now, then fix iTunes on my PC later. Not difficult stuff, just foreign territory
    10-14-11 03:17 PM
    Why doesn't Apple make their own email client, like Google? Applemail.
    10-14-11 03:20 PM
    I found some instructions online for creating an email account using Microsoft Exchange. It said give it a few minutes to sync. I'm going to run some errands, start over when I get back.

chrisy520, that would be nice. I liked having the blackberry email account, so far haven't seen a way to create an Apple account. But it's not gonna be a deal breaker if there isn't one.
    10-14-11 03:35 PM
    This is making me so excited and anxious to get mine reading how soo many people who had other phones picked up a 4s and are so pleased!
    10-14-11 07:16 PM
    You only really had to worry about lines at AT&T.

This is making me so excited and anxious to get mine reading how soo many people who had other phones picked up a 4s and are so pleased!
    If none of the common gripes about Apple bother you like the "closed ecosystem," and "proprietary" stuff, chances are highly likely that you will love Apple's products.
    10-14-11 07:25 PM
    You only really had to worry about lines at AT&T.

If none of the common gripes about Apple bother you like the "closed ecosystem," and "proprietary" stuff, chances are highly likely that you will love Apple's products.
    10-14-11 07:36 PM
    Yea I had an iphone prior to my blackberry and loved it just as I do with my macbook pro, apple is not perfect by any means but it does work for a lot of people and me as well..
    this is just exciting to me thats all
    10-14-11 07:42 PM
    Get the Mac and help the economy! LOL
    I have a Macbook Pro, an ipad 1, and this new 4s.
    When I got the ipad, the new 11" Air wasn't out.
    I think I'll probably end up keeping the MBP and using it with the keyboard and mouse for a desktop replacement, and getting the 11" Air for my ultra portable instead of the ipad 1.
    I really had no intentions of becoming and Apple " Fanboy", but somehow it seems to be going that way! LOL
    I'm glad you all love your stuff but where are mac's made?
    10-14-11 08:08 PM
    Well, we have sync! I needed to update to the latest iTunes, and a software update didn't work, had to uninstall the prior version & do a clean install of the newest one.

I have everything but my Tasks. I don't know where they went, they aren't in the "Reminders" app on the phone. Can anyone help with that?

The only other problem is Calendar appointments. They were already doubled on my Bold because of sync goof up (I think). Now some are showing in quadruples.

Other than that, so far so good. The camera is amazing. (I'm a big picture taker.) Lost internet access but I had accidentally turned "Airplane" on. IDK what that is. When I turned it off I got service back.

Siri is still doing fine. I like her. Probably sounds screwy, this evening after asking her for the weather and promptly getting it, I habitually said "Ok, thanks". She said "Just doing my job."
    10-14-11 08:19 PM
    I've had my 4S up and running now for about 20 minutes and I'm loving it! Such a pretty phone! The display is amazing and makes my 1 year old 9800 look like it's 4 years old! WOW!

I'm still getting everything set up but Twitter and Facebook are up and running perfectly. I haven't played with Siri yet but my husband has and it's pretty neat!
    pilsbury likes this.
    10-14-11 08:22 PM
    My husband told Siri "I love you." and she responded "Oh stop." Then he asked "Will you marry me?" and she responded "Let's just be friends." Hahaha! I'd like to see Vlingo do that!
    10-14-11 08:25 PM
    Great story and happy you are happy I am as well this is a great phone just like the one before it.
    10-14-11 08:37 PM
    Periwinkle, I also ordered the white and purple Otterbox Commuter!
    10-14-11 08:45 PM
    I've had my 4S up and running now for about 20 minutes and I'm loving it! Such a pretty phone! The display is amazing and makes my 1 year old 9800 look like it's 4 years old! WOW!

I'm still getting everything set up but Twitter and Facebook are up and running perfectly. I haven't played with Siri yet but my husband has and it's pretty neat!
    Im sooooo jealous.... monday cant come any sooner! lol
    10-14-11 08:52 PM
    And Im guessing you have the white one too right!?
    10-14-11 08:53 PM

Always funny to see an organic reaction over a BlackBerry user switching to iPhone, haha. Welcome to the club!
    10-14-11 08:55 PM
    And Im guessing you have the white one too right!?
    Yep! My first white phone! So pretty!
    b360net likes this.
    10-14-11 08:58 PM
81 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD