I went to local best buy today to see what all the fuss is about new ipad. I think I played with the new ipad (I could not tell which ipad was which so I asked friendly stuff at bb to point me to the right device) . honestly I felt underwhelmed to say least. nothing special ( I guess it must've been the right device as it was hot more than I would like). it looks pretty much the same and I would not say that the new ipad is that much faster. that hyped screen was ok but nothing revolutionary imo. however, one thing is certain that apple is master in marketing. one guy was with his father and I guess he wanted to order one. the father was questioning the store rep about using ipad with his rogers service. the son was playing with another demo and he was so excited that I could swear he was touching woman naked body and he was about to climax. the father did not like the ipad price tag but I am sure they ended up ordering one. I wanted to suggest to try playbook to the father but I let it go. I feared the son could get violent with me. anyways one thing that I noticed is that playbook seems less appealing because of its smaller size compared to ipad. at least on the display. rim should get smarter and should hire sales stuff ( from crackberry ) in busy shopping season to sell playbook to buyers. people just do not get it how powerful the playbook is and imo superior to ipad in many ways.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    03-24-12 09:38 PM
    There's a reason why I change the channel everytime an iCrap commercial comes on. Yes, Apple is the master of marketing their "magical" and "revolutionary" products. BTW, if the iPad was getting too hot, then you weren't holding it correctly.
    VanCity778 and Just Me like this.
    03-24-12 09:58 PM
    I tried one... I can say I thought it was pretty cool. The display is phenomenal.

I know I am supposed to say it was horrible, and that it only has marketing, but I can see the draw.
    VanCity778 likes this.
    03-24-12 10:06 PM
    I tried one... I can say I thought it was pretty cool. The display is phenomenal.

I know I am supposed to say it was horrible, and that it only has marketing, but I can see the draw.
    it is not terrible but I would be hard pressed to shell out $500 green ones on it

03-24-12 10:13 PM
    I won't argue that. I wouldn't either.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    03-24-12 10:18 PM
    it is not terrible but I would be hard pressed to shell out $500 green ones on it

That's what a lot of people said about the PB...

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    VanCity778 likes this.
    03-24-12 10:22 PM
    LOL.

To be fair, if I did have $500 free and clear, it would be tough to turn down the Apple ecosystem.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    03-24-12 10:24 PM
    I was playing with an ipad at the car dealership while waiting for my car repair, I think I'm starting to like the ipad than pb. The PB browser keeps crashing or hangs all the time, and the browser on the ipad was so fast and never crashed. I wonder how many developers are working at RIM on PB, how come nobody improving the browser?
    03-24-12 10:33 PM
    True, display is high quality. I'd like to see the next PlayBook with a display resolution similar to the 9900 where even small text can be read easily (think PlayBook browser in portrait mode).

For someone who already has first and second generation ipads, the third one is just a small step forward. If you are really into reading magazines and have 850 dollars to blow in a tablet computer, go ahead!
    03-24-12 10:53 PM
    I went to local best buy today to see what all the fuss is about new ipad. I think I played with the new ipad (I could not tell which ipad was which so I asked friendly stuff at bb to point me to the right device) . honestly I felt underwhelmed to say least. nothing special ( I guess it must've been the right device as it was hot more than I would like). it looks pretty much the same and I would not say that the new ipad is that much faster. that hyped screen was ok but nothing revolutionary imo. however, one thing is certain that apple is master in marketing. one guy was with his father and I guess he wanted to order one. the father was questioning the store rep about using ipad with his rogers service. the son was playing with another demo and he was so excited that I could swear he was touching woman naked body and he was about to climax. the father did not like the ipad price tag but I am sure they ended up ordering one. I wanted to suggest to try playbook to the father but I let it go. I feared the son could get violent with me. anyways one thing that I noticed is that playbook seems less appealing because of its smaller size compared to ipad. at least on the display. rim should get smarter and should hire sales stuff ( from crackberry ) in busy shopping season to sell playbook to buyers. people just do not get it how powerful the playbook is and imo superior to ipad in many ways.

Oh, I like that idea. I could earn some spending money! Seriously, that's an interesting idea. (before the thread is closed)
    03-24-12 11:01 PM
    At the same price the iPad is clearly superior. But since I only paid $199 for my Playbook I'm guite happy with it. You guys should be happy with yours and stop it with all this iPad envy.
    03-24-12 11:21 PM
    In what way is the ipad "clearly superior" other than Angry Birds in Space?
    03-24-12 11:56 PM
    I am going to order one over the next few. I need it for testing and I know it will get used at my place.

Dont worry though, I will be getting the PB 3G and BlackBerry 10 when we get there too.

But retina and easier usability and refinement allows the iPad to have an edge in some markets. My mother-in-law for example wouldnt finf a pb equally useful for her (not a high proficienfy with electronics). Wherwas my friend Habib would go nuts, he needs a more dynamic environment than iOS decices.

Ed
    03-25-12 12:53 AM
    There's a reason why I change the channel everytime an iCrap commercial comes on. Yes, Apple is the master of marketing their "magical" and "revolutionary" products. BTW, if the iPad was getting too hot, then you weren't holding it correctly.
    They will make a bumper.
    03-25-12 01:03 AM
    I'll probably jump ship to iPad if they offer Quad CPU's. The setup of Quad Gpu with Dual CPU's is somewhat counterproductive as it becomes a bottleneck.

I wonder if one day tablets can run Crysis
    03-25-12 01:07 AM
    But it's the newest ipad. Ipeople like new ithings even if its the same ipad repackaged. Yes it has some nice qualities but Stalin probably had some good qualities. I hate ithings.
    03-25-12 05:13 AM
    But it's the newest ipad. Ipeople like new ithings even if its the same ipad repackaged. Yes it has some nice qualities but Stalin probably had some good qualities. I hate ithings.
    Sounds like you're describing RIMM, and how they release multiple variations of the same device each year. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    03-25-12 08:34 AM
    Good story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-25-12 10:14 AM
    Ahhh. Another thread from RIM users trying to make themselves feel better about using an obviously inferior, by ALL standards, device, by slamming Apple products. Your stuff is getting old guys, join the 21st century and ditch those antiques.
    03-25-12 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD