So my Dad is old right and NEVER upgrades his phone. His phone still dates back to when Cingular first took over. As long as it makes calls he is a happy camper. In fact both sides of the screen (old Moto flip) are busted and he cant see who calls. Lol. And yes, he STILL doesnt care.

So I called him today and asked if I could use his upgrade and grab the new iPhone 3GS and he said it was okay. I went and placed the order through Apple.com and got the 8GB white for 199.99 Paid for it and got a confirmation #.

What is even better is that the status shows delivery by the 19th. My question is, has something changed? Last I read all pre-orders were sold out and there was a 2 week waiting list. Did Apple get more made or something? I even went as far as to call and check and the rep did say I will see it by the 19th.

What do you all think?
    06-16-09 12:01 PM
    So my Dad is old right and NEVER upgrades his phone. His phone still dates back to when Cingular first took over. As long as it makes calls he is a happy camper. In fact both sides of the screen (old Moto flip) are busted and he cant see who calls. Lol. And yes, he STILL doesnt care.

So I called him today and asked if I could use his upgrade and grab the new iPhone 3GS and he said it was okay. I went and placed the order through Apple.com and got the 8GB white for 199.99 Paid for it and got a confirmation #.

What is even better is that the status shows delivery by the 19th. My question is, has something changed? Last I read all pre-orders were sold out and there was a 2 week waiting list. Did Apple get more made or something? I even went as far as to call and check and the rep did say I will see it by the 19th.

What do you all think?
    I am not sure if orders placed through Apple site were on back order. I think that was if ordered through AT&T then some people won't see theirs for a couple weeks. Mine says delivers by the 19th as well. You should go check out the iPhone forums on Apple's site. They got so many thread and frantic iPhone users asking the same questions. It's quite hilarious. Go check it out.
    06-16-09 12:35 PM
    Yep, mine still says delivery by the 19th but it's worrying me that I don't have a tracking # yet....I'm still in the "Prepared for Shipment" status...
    06-16-09 12:43 PM
    I bet you $1,000 that their was a billing error and you got bumped up to a 16GB model.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 03:39 PM
    Sorry. That was a typo. I did in fact order the 16GB :P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD