View Poll Results: I have an iPhone4 and have reception/dropped call issues.

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.. dropped calls left and right

4 19.05%
  • Nope, no issues, all overblown hype

13 61.90%
  • Minor issues, but still better than my last phone

3 14.29%
  • I just hate the iPhone 4 so I bash it...

1 4.76%
    So many people seem to jump on the bandwagon with iPhone 4 reception issues, just how many actually have an iPhone 4?
    07-10-10 05:53 PM
    Personally... I have yet to drop a call. I don't even look at the reception bars.
    07-10-10 05:55 PM
    I went and put an ifrogz case n it, and the only places I have reception issues are the places where I knew I would

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-10 09:48 PM
    Just got the Iphone 4 last week for me and the wife. I am coming from an 8900 and the wife from a Samsung dumb phone. Neither of us have had any issues related to reception. We love these phones!
    07-10-10 10:18 PM
    I bought this i4 a week ago, and have had ZERO reception problems, and NOT ONE dropped call. Loving this device!
    07-10-10 11:01 PM
    I dropped a couple calls due to covering the antenna. I'm left handed and if I'm not conscious about it, I will hold it there. But in 2 weeks I would say I dropped 3 calls because of it. Other than that, my reception was up and data speeds overall faster. Went back to my 3GS though but not because of the antenna stuff.
    07-11-10 12:07 AM
    Anyone having proximity(sp?) Issues?

07-11-10 03:57 AM
    I dropped a couple calls due to covering the antenna. I'm left handed and if I'm not conscious about it, I will hold it there. But in 2 weeks I would say I dropped 3 calls because of it. Other than that, my reception was up and data speeds overall faster. Went back to my 3GS though but not because of the antenna stuff.
    Why DID you go back to your 3gs?

07-11-10 06:07 AM
    This is not as big of an issue as the iPhone haters want people to believe. It is an issue but it's not a omg my phone is ruined type deal. Mine has been flawless as well as my girls and friends.
    07-11-10 10:13 AM

I did after re-loading the OS on the iPhone. I'm
    bummed because it was perfectly fine, but just
    wanted to restore the device.
    07-11-10 10:53 AM
    I did after re-loading the OS on the iPhone. I'm
    bummed because it was perfectly fine, but just
    wanted to restore the device.
    Ohh ok. Yeah, I read your post about that in the TiPb forums. That's sucks.

Any (Official)word from Apple about a fix?

I am not too worried about the reception issue anymore as I will have my phone in a Otter case at work and only take my phones out of the case when I get home or on the weekends, etc... Also, I'm right handed and it seems to be mostly a left handed grip issue?

And, I would more than likely use a bumper(NOT the $30 Apple one) to protect my phone anyway. But the rand Muting, hanging up, placing on speaker during a call issues concern me.

All in all, I'm pretty sure the issue will be fixed soon(they have to be right?). And, I am sooooo tired of my Bold. Besides, when I saw the NetFlix Streaming coming to the iP4, that tipped the scale. LOL
    Last edited by Moonbaseone; 07-11-10 at 01:36 PM.
    07-11-10 01:34 PM
    i love my ip4..... no issues at all!
    07-11-10 01:34 PM
    Why DID you go back to your 3gs?

Because I didn't want to extend my contract with AT&T right now. The new ETF on high end smart phones is 325 and with all the hot phones coming out this year, I don't want to be tied to them. I'd buy it again full contract-free price IF I had the money to do so. So for right now, the 3GS will do. Just not a big enough upgrade in my opinion for renew. If the ETF was still the same then I would have kept it.
    07-11-10 10:52 PM

I didn't have it on mine but my wife had it on hers. She hung up on people several times because of the issue.
    07-11-10 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD