I searched the web for a walk through on downgrading my iPod touch from 4.1 to 4.0 or 3.1.3 os. I want to be able to use jailbreakme and the site says I need 4.0 or 3.1.3 os. There seem to be alot of different ways, and I was hoping someone on crackberry would be able to assist or recommend a method. Also, I am not sure what it means, but from everything I have been reading, it seems to matter that I have an MC model. The iPod is a 2g 8gig. Thanks in advance for any help
    10-20-10 12:08 PM
    It depends on whether you have your SHSH blobs saved somewhere. If you don't, you won't be able to downgrade. If you do, post and somebody will come along and show you how to do it.
    10-20-10 12:22 PM
    Instead of going through all the steps of downgrading in order to use jailbreakme.com, why not just jailbreak the current 4.1 with limera1n or greenp0ison? It's much simpler and faster.
    10-20-10 12:28 PM
    I was not even aware 4.1 could be jailbroken yet, thanks for the info

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-10 04:47 PM
    Perhaps you should try tipb as well as crackberry. There is a link in my signature for tipb!
    10-21-10 06:58 AM
    Greenpois0n works. To downgrade, put it in dfu mode, download the ios version you want, then restore in itunes.
    When you restore, hold shift when you press restore, and you can select whatever ios you want to install

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-10 02:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD