I had the iPhone 3G for about 6 months. Loved it. Got the iPhone 3GS when it came out. Loved it too, but kept reading things about the BB Bold. I was up for a new phone in October, so I decided to get a bold since it was only $.99. I liked the Bold, but I'm tired of the random battery drains & having to do battery pulls all the time. I really miss my iPhone. I never had any problems with it at all. I'm starting to have some problems with my iPod, so I am definitely going back to the iPhone. Having an all in one device is so much better. I really prefer the iPhone over the Blackberry for music. Wish I hadn't sold my iPhone though, because now I have to pay $399 for a new one. But, I guess I learned my lesson. My iPhone will be here today. I can't wait. I miss my baby!!
    01-20-10 06:02 AM
    My wifes bold 9700 is 2 months old and hasn't done one battery pull yet and goes almost three days without charging and she is heavy user with email and documents and pix its multitasking alone is worth it and she loves the trackpad and flies on the keyboard she is also from a iphone 3gs and says with her nails way easier to type on bold then the touchscreen on the iphone
    01-20-10 06:44 AM
    I'm thinking of switching from my Storm 2 to iPhone, I've just about had enough of this phone. The only pro it has is BBM.
    01-20-10 06:48 AM
    My wifes bold 9700 is 2 months old and hasn't done one battery pull yet and goes almost three days without charging and she is heavy user with email and documents and pix its multitasking alone is worth it and she loves the trackpad and flies on the keyboard she is also from a iphone 3gs and says with her nails way easier to type on bold then the touchscreen on the iphone
    I have the Bold 9000. Way too many battery pulls. It's funny, you mention your wifes nails. I had problems texting on my iPhone. I made a lot of mistakes. It was much easier to text on the Biold, until I got my nails done. I can't press the keys to save my life. It will be easier for me to type on the iPhone I think. I guess I'll find out.
    01-20-10 06:54 AM
    I'm thinking of switching from my Storm 2 to iPhone, I've just about had enough of this phone. The only pro it has is BBM.
    IMO, I think you'll like it better.
    01-20-10 06:54 AM
    IMO, I think you'll like it better.
    I probably would, I just gotta dish out a lot of money on an unlocked one since my contract doesn't end until Dec 21st. The only other option would be to use my S2 with an iPod Touch (16-32GB).
    01-20-10 07:01 AM
    I probably would, I just gotta dish out a lot of money on an unlocked one since my contract doesn't end until Dec 21st. The only other option would be to use my S2 with an iPod Touch (16-32GB).
    They are expensive unlocked!! If you don't mind carrying 2 devices, then I would wait until your contract is up. By then there will probably be a new iPhone model out.
    01-20-10 07:05 AM
    They are expensive unlocked!! If you don't mind carrying 2 devices, then I would wait until your contract is up. By then there will probably be a new iPhone model out.
    Yeah I know, a bit too much on the side of money, and there most likely will be a new iPhone product. This is why I was thinking of an iPod Touch and just using the Storm 2 for calls. They do the same things (in terms of apps because you obviously can't call on the iPod Touch) but the Storm 2 bugs are just irritating me now and the battery life is poor. The accessories aren't great either. I left my house about an hour ago and both blackberry headsets are broken, so I just threw them away because I can't be bothered with faulty things. I have to spend about $50-60 now on a headset and wait for it to be shipped now, I like ones with a microphone that have decent sound.
    Last edited by thebbnoob; 01-20-10 at 07:17 AM.
    01-20-10 07:15 AM
    Yeah I know, a bit too much on the side of money, and there most likely will be a new iPhone product. This is why I was thinking of an iPod Touch and just using the Storm 2 for calls. They do the same things (in terms of apps because you obviously can't call on the iPod Touch) but the Storm 2 bugs are just irritating me now and the battery life is poor. The accessories aren't great either. I left my house about an hour ago and both blackberry headsets are broken, so I just threw them away because I can't be bothered with faulty things. I have to spend about $50-60 now on a headset and wait for it to be shipped now, I like ones with a microphone that have decent sound.
    I was going to just get an iPod Touch, but the price wasn't too different for me, and I am so frustrated with the Bold, that I opted for the iPhone. I like the fact that it has a lot of accessories as well.
    01-20-10 08:16 AM
    I was going to just get an iPod Touch, but the price wasn't too different for me, and I am so frustrated with the Bold, that I opted for the iPhone. I like the fact that it has a lot of accessories as well.
    I was kinda wishing I had a bold right now, I'm tired of updating my S2 all the time and the updates aren't great. I'm thinking of buying a touch right now. I just bought the inbox earphones with the buds that you get from the box for 2. They will most likely break again, I dunno if they're that bad in terms of durability or it's me. Seeing as you can't buy them from in store I get I have to wait 3-5 days for them to come _
    01-20-10 08:32 AM
    I'm going to switch to the iPhone when the 4th gen come out. But this will only happen if the new OS supports multi-tasking, which I heard that it will. That's the only reason I've stuck with Blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-10 08:53 AM
    Shame on you for giving up your iphone for the Bold

You could have tried one of the older blackberries (Tour, 8900, 900) and bascially would have been testing the 9700. Same stuff, slightly different hardware. At the end of the day it's still a blackberry and it's still the same.
    01-20-10 12:19 PM
    I really liked my Iphone 3GS, but I went to the Bold 9700 about 3 weeks ago and I haven't really missed it much. I did miss my original Bold when I sold it for the Iphone though. The Iphone is a better overall device, but I just feel at home with my BlackBerry. We don't always need the best, just the best for us.
    01-20-10 04:14 PM
    Shame on you for giving up your iphone for the Bold

You could have tried one of the older blackberries (Tour, 8900, 900) and bascially would have been testing the 9700. Same stuff, slightly different hardware. At the end of the day it's still a blackberry and it's still the same.
    Yeah, but the reason I went with the Bold is because it has 3G. I get 0-2 bars on Edge at my house & on the way to work, whereas I get Full signal with 3G.
    01-20-10 05:50 PM
    I switched from the Storm to the Iphone 3GS 16g and haven't looked back. I have it jailbroken so I get some multitasking and enhanced messaging so it works better than ever. I do like some aspects of the Blackberry but I really don't miss it over the Iphone.
    01-21-10 01:37 AM
    I switched from the Storm to the Iphone 3GS 16g and haven't looked back. I have it jailbroken so I get some multitasking and enhanced messaging so it works better than ever. I do like some aspects of the Blackberry but I really don't miss it over the Iphone.
    The first thing I do after I activate it is get it Jailbroken. I'm not afraid to do it. It's really easy & does make the iPhone a much better device. One of the things I really miss about my iPhone is the large, beautiful screen. It blows away the Bold. I'm gonna keep my Bold as a back up tust in case I ever have to send my iPhone in.
    01-21-10 05:23 AM
    I had almost the exact same situation happen to me. I have a 3GS and bought a bold 9700 because I missed a keyboard. I sold my iPhone and done deal. Only a month later I missed so many things on the iPhone like the browser and the speed of apps, connectivity to data, and GPS. the BB just didn't feel like it was moving at the speed of me. So I waited and searched and found a 3GS priced at what I can sell my 9700 for and i'm back and loving it. Jailbroke for multitasking (internet radio at work is a must) and have a couple neat addons like spell check and webOS style task switcher.
    01-22-10 08:10 AM
    I would switch to an iPhone in an instant if Verizon ever gets it.
    01-22-10 01:57 PM
    I would switch to an iPhone in an instant if Verizon ever gets it.
    AT&T added/boosted 3G towers in the St. Pete Tampa area per their network update site recently (last couple months). I live south of you and the 3G signal I get rocks.. 2+Mbps down. Just fyi.

AT&T Boosts 3G Capacity for Wireless Customers in Hillsborough, Pinellas and Pasco Counties.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 01-22-10 at 02:42 PM.
    01-22-10 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD