I know we're all Apple fans and users, whether it's the iPhone or iPad, or both. All I really want to say here is that the Blackberry Bold 9900 looks really nice and seems to work fantastic from what I see in recent videos.

Yes I know most of you will say the OS is light-years behind iOS and all that stuff. But from what I see from the videos the Bold 9900 really seems like a Blackberry that's going to work and going to work well.

I don't know if I'll be dropping my iPhone for a 9900 anytime soon, but I think the 9900 is a definite lock as a second phone.
    06-24-11 11:13 PM
    I hate calling the OS "behind," because really it is just different. And many people like the BB OS. As for the 9900, I agree that it looks nice, but I would wait for it to be released and get a bug report. RIM's biggezt problem is releasing devices with bugs that never get worked out or that get fixed in exchange for new bugs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-11 01:04 AM
    Believe it or not, i actually agree with Mr. Marco. I think(from what i've read), that the BB9900 would be a great replacement for my BB9000 work phone. My company only uses BB's, so they would allow me to upgrade one for the other. That being said, i'll still be using my iPhone4 for personal business. It's just that good!
    06-25-11 12:07 PM
    I think all of their soon to be released phones look really good....they just need to release them!
    06-26-11 11:16 AM
    I switched to an iPhone to support my Rogers Yahoo mail / calendar, which had become incompatible with Blackberry - and not out of any love for Apple.

Works fine, I suppose (as a user 'experience'), but desperately hoping that the iPhone's next OS takes on some of the mature, more business-friendly features of the Blackberry - today screen, adding attachments from within Mail, typing letters of contact from Home Screen actually pulls up contacts matching and the ability to call, etc.

The iPhone is fine as a content delivery device for Apple's iTunes store, but as a communication device still lacks refinement.
    06-26-11 12:44 PM
    To be honest, I'm surprised that I even own an iPhone.

Why?

Well, I don't use the iPod on it, I barely use the photos on it, and I certainly hardly EVER use FaceTime. I think I simply miss having a BlackBerry.

I will most CERTAINLY get a BlackBerry 9900. But, seriously, it's time for RIM\AT&T to release the bloody thing.
    06-26-11 07:00 PM
    if you do get it, post pics and review! i was thinking of getting it myself before switching to verizon.
    06-26-11 09:27 PM
    I'm interested in the phone. I like it(on paper). Will wait and see how the reviews are, when it's released. I'm pretty happy with my iPhone 4, and don't see leaving apple anytime soon. When the 9900 is released I will wait for the new iPhone 5 before making my decision.
    06-27-11 01:58 AM
    I'm most likely getting a 99XX (might switch to the GSM side), but will also give a look at WP7 (Mango), and the iP5G, BUT I'm pretty happy with my iPod touch in the Apple world.
    06-27-11 09:41 AM
    i see these new BBs coming out and i'm curious, but I always end up going back to iphone in the end. so hopefully some good reviews will come out so i can live through you guys :P
    06-27-11 11:09 AM
    The only thing that has me curious is the new BBs with QNX hopefully coming next year. I wanted the 9900 two years ago. It's a little too late, especially with OS 7. I want nothing to do with the current BB OS anymore until it is switched to QNX.
    GolfnCPA likes this.
    06-27-11 11:22 AM
    I switched to an iPhone to support my Rogers Yahoo mail / calendar, which had become incompatible with Blackberry - and not out of any love for Apple.

Works fine, I suppose (as a user 'experience'), but desperately hoping that the iPhone's next OS takes on some of the mature, more business-friendly features of the Blackberry - today screen, adding attachments from within Mail, typing letters of contact from Home Screen actually pulls up contacts matching and the ability to call, etc.

The iPhone is fine as a content delivery device for Apple's iTunes store, but as a communication device still lacks refinement.
    I wish iPhone had contacts matching too. OTOH as a communications device it is in some ways superior. No dependence on BIS, no truncated emails and better GMail integration.
    06-27-11 11:28 AM
    Honestly I think the Bold 9900 is the smartest looking BlackBerry to come out in a while, I defintely think RIM took design ques from Apple with the metal banding around the sides, much like the iPhone 4 antenna band.

Would I get one? at the moment probably not because from my understanding, OS7 hasn't changed much from OS6 and OS5...

At least with my iPhone, I know the improvements and features coming in the next OS... and they'll be so significant that i'm not yearning to upgrade my phone to the iPhone 5. I'm still content with the 4 after 10 months of ownership, something I couldn't say about the Storm2..such a horrible experience with little to no support. Plus iOS5 should only make the iPhone 4 even more awesome.

Re: QNX. I don't know enough about it to lust after future BlackBerrys that will supposedly run it.

All I know is, switching to iPhone was the best decision for me, its not perfect but at the moment it's everything and more I want in a phone.

At least now I don't have to hope and pray for apps, iPhone gets all the best ones.
    Last edited by The Gift; 07-01-11 at 06:52 AM.
    07-01-11 06:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD