Ok, deep breaths.. It feels like i'm doing something illegal, or something frowned upon. It's just after 1:00am and I ordered the iPhone 3GS 16GB in White. Really feels like i'm doing a no-no. I LOVE blackberry's email services but it isn't enough. I haven't had the iPhone since the original iPhone 2G And Battery and reception wasn't the greatest. I'm PRAYING for better battery life. AT&T service is about as good as VZW in my area, however not in my workplace. (CDMA seems to poke through walls better)

Well.. here goes nothing!
    09-12-09 12:16 AM
    you definitely wont regret it...say it with me buh bye blackberry.
    09-12-09 12:38 AM
    wow! The Iphone is cool and everything, but I don't know. I hope that works out for you.
    09-12-09 12:54 AM
    Wow you're getting the iPhone. Good luck man. AT&T has been great for me throughout NY, hopefully the same goes for you.
    09-12-09 01:06 AM
    You bought the iPhone "hoping" that the battery would be better?? Wow...I know there's no way to test drive phones but I would have done a little research amongst friends to get an idea about the battery life.

I like Blackberry phones like crazy but the iPhone is a very nice phone. I had the opportunity to have one for a couple days, maybe a week and the biggest thing that killed it for me was the battery life. I had it linked up with the same emails and stuff as my BB and from time to time did browsing on both phones. iPhone died easily, maybe going half the day or so and then I would have to stop using it to preserve the battery until I could get home to charge.

I personally need a phone that at least can last a day as I'm usually out on the road most times. Dying while I'm out is not an option. I expected (and have experienced) this kind of a battery life in an iPod....but I wouldn't want it in a phone. I really hope they do something and make a big step with the battery in the next-gen iPhone.
    09-12-09 03:58 AM
    Hey BerryGuy,
    I had stated the battery issue, because in the 3GS they do claim improved battery life. Which, is why I am hoping I can see an increase, but mind you I had the 2g that wasn't constantly looking for service. Problem is, like yesterday I was streaming slacker for 9 hours straight at work, can the iPhone do this? I have my doubts..
    09-12-09 09:51 AM
    ROFL.... too funny. Enjoy the new toy.

Reception has definitely increased. I was actually up your way with my 3GS -- took the train up to Utica. On the ride, I always had 4-5 bars, but it wasn't always 3G.
    09-12-09 10:26 AM
    I have had my Sprint Curve for over a year and am fairly happy with it. I just wish for a bigger screen, faster processor and better interface.

I tried out the Iphone 16gb 3gs this month for about a week and took it back to AT&T. The battery life was friggen horrendous. Jesus, my motorola Tac-lite from like 1994 had better battery life with a nickel cadium rechargeable. One day the Iphone lasted 4 hours. I think I had some application running, not sure. In order to get the most battery life APPLE tells you to turn off wifi, turn off 3g, turn down screen brightness, turn off push notifications and adjust a few other things. Jesus, what the **** is the point of having the phone if you have to shut everything off just to make it through a day? I also had issues where the battery would state 65%, then two minutes later it says 30% then back to 65% within a few minutes. I don't know what was going on.

Frankly, the texting, instant messaging, and typing on the BB kicks Iphone's a$$. On the other hand, everything else such as web surfing, thousands of apps, user interface, etc on the Iphone kicks Blackberry's a$$.

The main reasons I returned it and kept the Curve is because of the crap battery life and the fact that the ATand T cost is way higher with an Iphone than BB with Sprint. I had three phones I was going to switch over. AT and T charges $40 for 450 minutes plus 30 for data plus 20 for unlimited text, plus $2 for detailed billing and $9 for nights and weekends at 7 and $10 for the gps directions So $111 plus taxes a month for the Iphone or $70 a month plus taxes for the BB with sprint. AND Sprint just added unlimited calling to any mobile phone in the US ANYTIME if you use your sprint phone. It appears to also allow unlimited calling from any mobile phone in the US to your SPrint phone in the us. If the Iphone had a popout battery to replace easily during the day and was cheaper per month, I probably would have gone with the Iphone

I also noticed that the BS additional fees that all phone companies add were about 25%higher with AT and T compared to Sprint so that means that taxes in general will be a higher percentage which equates to a couple dollars more.

That is about a $500 a year difference between the two phones on different networks. For me that is a set of snow tires or some other cool toy every year. Multiply that by three, which is the number of phones I have and that is about $3000 MORE every two years.

FYI, I make about 80k a year so I am not whining about $500 I just like to make sure I am getting my money's worth. I didn't feel I was with the Iphone
    Last edited by livingaboard; 09-14-09 at 03:23 AM.
    09-14-09 03:19 AM
    if you had a storm you will see better battery life , at least I do w/ my new iphone.
    09-14-09 06:32 AM
    My only gripe with the iPhone is the battery life - I haven't had it die on me yet, but I make sure I have a car charger and take a USB cable to work with me.
    09-14-09 06:35 PM
    Expect battery life to not be as good as most BBs. The iPhone is a full screen touch ONLY device. Also, add 3G, WiFi/BT to that and you can expect to see battery life not to be what a Curve/Pearl users consider "great". My iPhone lasts me all day. I use it continuously from when I wake up around 8am till when I put it on the charger at around 11PM.

Good luck with your experiences.
    09-14-09 07:22 PM
    yeah battery life of the iphone is why i switched from my iPhone 2g to my 8900...
    09-14-09 07:47 PM
    You will love it man , i made the swich and havent looked back , (but am looking forward to storm 2 and the battery life for me has been crazy good, i use it heavy from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM and its at 82 %. (unjailbroken)
    09-14-09 08:57 PM
    Congrats on the new device!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 09:08 PM
    You will love it man , i made the swich and havent looked back , (but am looking forward to storm 2 and the battery life for me has been crazy good, i use it heavy from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM and its at 82 %. (unjailbroken)
    You did look back... and then took the steps backwards and then came forward again.
    09-15-09 01:26 AM
    Congrats on getting the iPhone. The battery life isn't the best though but it does have its advantages over BBs.
    09-16-09 11:27 AM
    [QUOTE=BrianW2007;3571083]Ok, deep breaths.. It feels like i'm doing something illegal, or something frowned upon. It's just after 1:00am and I ordered the iPhone 3GS 16GB in White. Really feels like i'm doing a no-no. I LOVE blackberry's email services but it isn't enough. I haven't had the iPhone since the original iPhone 2G And Battery and reception wasn't the greatest. I'm PRAYING for better battery life. AT&T service is about as good as VZW in my area, however not in my workplace. (CDMA seems to poke through walls better)

Well.. here goes nothing![/QUOTE

I have just taken the plunge. I'm not sure what made me want an iPhone exactly, but I just thought that I needed something different than my blackberry. I went to the store today and bought an iPhone and sold my bold. I actually got $330 for it. Which was enough to get my iPhone 3gs. My first impressions is that it is totally amazing. I really liked my bold, but I have to say that this phone is better. I don't see going back to a blackberry any time soon. I too feel like I am doing something wrong but it feels so right. All of the negative things that I have heard about the iPhone aren't true. I can type just fine. The phone is very functional. The apps are great. But it is the visual quality that is really stunning. I am happy. With my choice. I will never bash blackberry, but I realize now that I am not a blackberry person. I like the iPhone better. I never thought that I would say that. Just my two cents.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 04:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD