Until June of this year I carried the Verizon V9M all the while trying to decide which newly admirable phone I wanted... Although I loved the glamour of the iPhone I was hesitant to change carriers just for a phone... I ended up buying the Curve thru Verizon. I loved it... However, there was more to the phone than I could possibly ever see myself using. It really is a PDA! I carried it for a few months and all the time enjoyed it but just couldnt stop thinking about the iPhone... Every time I'd pass the Apple store, or ATT store, I'd drop in and finger around with it... Well, I finally just couldnt take it any longer... On a mall trip Friday, with no predetermination, I picked up a new iPhone! Ported my Verizon phone number and opened an ATT account! Regardless that now I'm facing the contract cancellation fee with Verizon and being stuck with, or having to sale, a brand new Curve, with all the accessories, I must say, I do not regret it! I am totally in love with this gadget. I only wish I had done it before I went into a new contract with Verizon/Curve... I know this is a BB site and I've enjoyed being here and my Curve, but honestly, for those who may be considering an iPhone... Its worth the jump!
    08-10-08 04:00 PM
    Until June of this year I carried the Verizon V9M all the while trying to decide which newly admirable phone I wanted... Although I loved the glamour of the iPhone I was hesitant to change carriers just for a phone... I ended up buying the Curve thru Verizon. I loved it... However, there was more to the phone than I could possibly ever see myself using. It really is a PDA! I carried it for a few months and all the time enjoyed it but just couldnt stop thinking about the iPhone... Every time I'd pass the Apple store, or ATT store, I'd drop in and finger around with it... Well, I finally just couldnt take it any longer... On a mall trip Friday, with no predetermination, I picked up a new iPhone! Ported my Verizon phone number and opened an ATT account! Regardless that now I'm facing the contract cancellation fee with Verizon and being stuck with, or having to sale, a brand new Curve, with all the accessories, I must say, I do not regret it! I am totally in love with this gadget. I only wish I had done it before I went into a new contract with Verizon/Curve... I know this is a BB site and I've enjoyed being here and my Curve, but honestly, for those who may be considering an iPhone... Its worth the jump!
    Traitor!!!! We all hate you! hahaha

But seriously, congrats man!! Do what is best for you... the iPhone is a solid device and if it works for you, then all the better!!

(And the part I made red above... made me crack up )
    08-10-08 04:02 PM
    Congrats on your iphone. BB's are just not for everybody but you can stick around CB with our iphone forum.
    08-10-08 04:03 PM
    Congrats! Whatever makes you happy....
    08-10-08 04:08 PM
    Good stuff. I love the iPhone myself.

One thing you will notice off the bat is the difference in application memory. I had over 35 apps installed at one point and didn't worry about space.

08-10-08 04:30 PM
    Quick question... I use yahoo and AOL so I'm all set...but what about hotmail?...is that part of the microsoft exchange? Or can you have hotmail pushed to the iPhone?
    08-10-08 05:18 PM
    I'm not sure you can directly at least. I haven't tried. I dislike Hotmail a lot.

I actually have all my non yahoo email addresses forwarding my mail to the yahoo address (to utilize push)
    08-10-08 08:53 PM
    Hey man, the iphone is a very nice phone, just not for me. Enjoy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-08 09:28 PM
    Good for you Knox. Enjoy!!
    08-10-08 10:28 PM
    Great for you!!

08-10-08 10:34 PM

(And the part I made red above... made me crack up )
    LOL same here. Glad I'm not the only one that's easily amused!

08-10-08 10:37 PM
    How much for your Curve?
    08-10-08 10:48 PM
    SHUN THE NON-BELIEVER! SHUUUNNNNN!!!!!

J/K follow your bliss. They are phones not Religions.
    08-11-08 01:22 AM
    yeah how much for the curve???
    08-11-08 02:23 AM
    I recommend holding on to your Curve at least until your iphone is past the return policy period. I too experienced love at first use with my iphone 3g but that quickly went away after 2 weeks and I really had a stronger appreciation for my Curve again.
    08-11-08 08:58 AM
    be weary of the cracks
    08-11-08 09:14 AM
    I recommend holding on to your Curve at least until your iphone is past the return policy period. I too experienced love at first use with my iphone 3g but that quickly went away after 2 weeks and I really had a stronger appreciation for my Curve again.
    I agree! I love my iPhone and wouldn't go back to my pearl, but i did hold on top my pearl until i knew i'd be fully satisfied with my purchase. I have been quick to give away phones to my friends(i'm some form of a phone w**re ) and then been regretful when my new phone isn't as good lol.

In any case, i hope you enjoy your new phone and if you need any help this forum is the best place to be

AND MAKE SURE YOU USE IS OR BSE ON IT wouldn't want any scratches
    08-11-08 10:29 AM
    I agree! I love my iPhone and wouldn't go back to my pearl, but i did hold on top my pearl until i knew i'd be fully satisfied with my purchase. I have been quick to give away phones to my friends(i'm some form of a phone w**re ) and then been regretful when my new phone isn't as good lol.

In any case, i hope you enjoy your new phone and if you need any help this forum is the best place to be

AND MAKE SURE YOU USE IS OR BSE ON IT wouldn't want any scratches

I would like to be your friend if that's the case, giving away phones.
    08-11-08 12:26 PM

I would like to be your friend if that's the case, giving away phones.
    LOL jayden, they were all vzw phones...the only one i actually sold was the pearl(and i sold it on ebay to cover the etf). As far as i was concerned, i bought the phones full retail and used them until i wanted a different one. I have great friends and i do not need to make money off of them - so i would just give away the phones, i never really had to cover any fees or anything....until i switched carriers :P
    08-11-08 03:19 PM
    Okay, so far I�m still enjoying my new iPhone romance, with a few little exceptions. Having not only switched phones but carriers I�ve been really noticing a lot of differences. Like�what�s up with ATT�s signal? I mean, with Verizon I always had at least four or five bars�with this new phone in my house I have maybe, one, two, at most three usually�! If I get near a window or go outside, boom, full signal! What�s up with that? It doesn�t seem to change the quality of the call any but I�m just not used to having such a low signal strength. I�ve also noticed the iPhone is a FINGERPRINT MAGNET! Jeeeeze!!! Is there a way of improving this? I tried one of those invisible screen covers, �HATED IT�� Never could get all the bubbles pressed out. I�m looking for a nice case at the moment, to at least prevent the fingerprints on the black (back) portion of the phone�. Also, the battery! My God, this thing drains battery juice like an Expedition drinks gas! I�ve read around different forums for battery saving tips but so far, it has been charged twice per day� On a brighter note�I love the WiFi access� That is really a nice feature. In general, the look and feel of the iPhone is great. The ease of use is as well surprising.

For those interested in my Curve, make me an offer. I have the phone, which is less than 2 months old, a Seidio Rubberized case with holster, car charger and a few other extras�.. I�m going to hold onto it for another week or so, just to make sure I�m satisfied, but I�ll sale it�..just make me an offer.
    08-11-08 04:39 PM
    when you turn off 3g how many bars do you get? as for cases i use the switcheasy http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/my-...sy-case-57325/
    08-11-08 10:19 PM
    when you turn off 3g how many bars do you get? as for cases i use the switcheasy http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/my-...sy-case-57325/
    when i turn off 3g i have full coverage almost everywhere....the moment i turn it on it goes down to 2 bars where in edge i had 5!!

so i just don't use 3g!
    08-11-08 10:33 PM
    Yes, turning off 3g does improve service. The funny thing about the 3g being at 2-3 bars like knoxunlabeled had mentioned is that it doesn't effect call quality, at least for me it doesn't.
    08-11-08 11:39 PM

5 ... constant. It's a known fact that EDGE only = more bars.
    08-11-08 11:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD