Ive used a 9700, and I dropped it for a 3G iPhone in a heartbeat. Havent looked back...
    03-27-10 11:37 AM
    About flash:
    I may be wrong, of course, but I believe there are devices out there today that do support Flash. Not sure which ones...perhaps someone might know.
    I'm waiting for either the 4G (which won't happen) or the BBerry later.
    Nokia's phones have flash player. In the native browser, it is the lite version, but with skyfire I am able to watch any flash videos (not just youtube's mobile flash site) and can view flash ads and games. (insanely hard to actually play the games) S60 can even open swf files through the file manager.

Like someone said about the iphone setting a bar that everyone expects every phone to be.. that's one thing I hate about the iphone.

Just because an all-touch phone has a gridded icon layout for the menu screen does not make it an iphone.

people were saying my Nokia 5800 was an iphone wannabe, when it has everything the iphone has plus FM radio, front facing camera, dual led flash, and a higher resolution screen. (okay, so it doesnt have glass multi-touch display or a kazillion apps, but its still a nice phone)

Now I have a nokia E71 and E72 and people are saying its a blackberry wannabe lol. I guess the comparing never ends
    03-27-10 12:24 PM
    Like someone said about the iphone setting a bar that everyone expects every phone to be.. that's one thing I hate about the iphone.

Just because an all-touch phone has a gridded icon layout for the menu screen does not make it an iphone.
    I dont see the iphone as setting the bar to be a bad thing. What did we really have tech wise in smartphones before the iphone? Palm Treo, HTC 6700/Mogul, Blackberry. Tiny resistive touchscreens with a 5-10 year old OS that wasnt consumer friendly and only the tech geeks carried. There wasnt much out there in terms of smartphones with improved technology.

The iphone came alone in 2007 and kicked all of these manufacturers in the pants to up their tech in their devices. OSs like WebOS and Android, and phones like the Storm from RIM, likely wouldnt have come along without the push of the iphone popularity. We wouldnt have companies like HTC pushing out snapdragon and HUGE capacitive screens without the iphone. The iphone was the first capacitive screen I can think of in the consumer market on a phone.

So love it or hate it the iphone helped the industry as a whole progress more quickly than it ever had.
    03-27-10 12:44 PM
    Okay I feel I have to say it again so here goes. Now I'm not going to call anyone out or try to flame people but, what are all the iPhone haters doing on all the iPhone threads. Do any of you really think that any of us care about your opinions?.
    __________________________________________________ ____

Open minded about the various devices (BB user since July09) I like seeing whats going on in the iPhone world. When I'm impressed with what the iPhone offers I'll switch devices. Nothing the iPhone is doing has made me want one as of yet.

That's why most of us BB users come to the iPhone site here at Crackberry. It's probably the reason that Crackberry has the apple forum, to keep us informed about other smartphones.

So as an iPhone user, why do you post on a BB site?
    Last edited by RetroAndreas; 03-27-10 at 03:39 PM.
    03-27-10 03:13 PM
    lol!!!!!!!
    Lolcano! actually laughed out loud !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-10 03:42 PM
    __________________________________________________ ____

Open minded about the various devices (BB user since July09) I like seeing whats going on in the iPhone world. When I'm impressed with what the iPhone offers I'll switch devices. Nothing the iPhone is doing has made me want one as of yet.

That's why most of us BB users come to the iPhone site here at Crackberry. It's probably the reason that Crackberry has the apple forum, to keep us informed about other smartphones.

I thought I made that quite clear. I was a blackberry user for many years and have been a member here at CB since 2008 I always find that for the most part the members of CB are great, and really if you are not an iPhone hater then I was not talking about you. So I am not misunderstood I will say it again, there is nothing wrong with BB, I just wanted a phone that could do more in terms of web browsing and media that is why I switched to the iPhone. If the Storm had lived up to the hype and been made for ATT I may very well have gone with that.

Edit: I would think that the real reason that CB has an iPhone section has more to do with this now being the number one site for ALL smartphone users. Could also be why they have sections for Palm and other various smartphones.
    Last edited by crackvegas78; 03-27-10 at 11:28 PM.
    03-27-10 05:05 PM
    I felt the same way, until I bought one.

Because they have section for it?
    03-27-10 05:56 PM
    I felt the same way, until I bought one.

I have the iPod Touch and have access to an iPhone. I made an informed decision and decided I didn't want a media centric phone. I do my research first and then buy the device..no regrets.

Because they have section for it?
    Missed my point entirely Padre.
    I'll try to double space my post next time so you can keep up.
    03-27-10 10:37 PM
    I must say I've had a BlackBerry for what seems like forever now. From the 8703e to the Storm 2 and Tour. I am jumping ship. The iphone has been out since 07', with an improved model every year. Nothing that really tops the previous model but yet updates to it. I've used other people's iphone's and the in store models and then go back to my current Tour and say WTF. It is a much better device, over all. My BlackBerry has problems with the push mail, or I should say my account since I've had this problem since October with multiple devices. I don't receive calls or voicemails left to my number for up to weeks. Verizon can't fix it and it's been happening for months.

While VZW has much better service, I will be willing to sacrifice that in order to enjoy the iphone which has perfect service at home and most of the areas I work/travel in. It is like comparing cars here, but not like comparing the sales numbers of Toyota vs. GM, it's like comparing a 2009 Honda Civic with a zip splat muffler to a 67' Camaro with a Big Block in it. I'm not saying in terms of numbers or stats of the phone, I'm talking preference. If you like one fine, if you like the other go for that. For me I was the diehard Camaro (BlackBerry) fan but technology is winning me over. It took 8 years for Chevy to catch up and build a new totally up to date Camaro since the 4th gen, I feel that RIM is going to have to do the same thing.

I've been contemplating this in my head for weeks and weeks now and the only thing that attracts me to the Tour is the messenger, which I've have to do with out. On that note, I'm going to un-package the iphone and activate it. Goodbye RIM

P.S. My actual Camaro will be staying parked in the driveway, I can't even begin to ponder the powerless 4 cylinder switch.
    03-28-10 01:14 PM
    Okay I feel I have to say it again so here goes. Now I'm not going to call anyone out or try to flame people but, what are all the iPhone haters doing on all the iPhone threads. Do any of you really think that any of us care about your opinions?
    Let's face this...there are BBerry users like me on the iPhone forum as much as there are iPhone users on the Bberry forums. You're welcome to read all the posts there on the Bberry discussion forums from people who love nothing more than to talk about what a POS they feel BBerries are, as there are people who come on here to express similar opinions about your platform. So, what's good for the goose, etc, etc...
    I know well that you don't care about our opinions any more than I care about yours.
    So we're both here...expressing our opinions. That's what we're doing in each other's forums.
    I'd suggest you take care of your own house before you pick up that stone.
    03-28-10 02:13 PM
    Let's face this...there are BBerry users like me on the iPhone forum as much as there are iPhone users on the Bberry forums. You're welcome to read all the posts there on the Bberry discussion forums from people who love nothing more than to talk about what a POS they feel BBerries are, as there are people who come on here to express similar opinions about your platform. So, what's good for the goose, etc, etc...
    I know well that you don't care about our opinions any more than I care about yours.
    So we're both here...expressing our opinions. That's what we're doing in each other's forums.
    I'd suggest you take care of your own house before you pick up that stone.
    Funny how you only quoted on part of my post. You left out the part where I said that I am not a BB hater and in fact have used them for many years. I do not go into the BB forums anymore as I no longer use a Berry. What I would really like to see is for people to just get over trying to say one device is better then another. I for one do not care what device anyone else is using, if the Berry is better for you then that's great if you want to use an iPhone then that is cool as well. My point was that it does not make sense to me why people that claim to hate a device spend so much time talking about it. For the record that works both ways, any iPhone user that feels they need to go the Berry forums and trash the Berry is not someone who reflects the overall community of CB. To prove my point, look at my posts and find the last time I was even in the Berry forum. Nothing after Dec since that is when I made the switch.
    03-28-10 02:28 PM
    . To prove my point, look at my posts and find the last time I was even in the Berry forum. Nothing after Dec since that is when I made the switch.
    Looks to me that you should move over to an exclusive iPhone site cause you come across as an Apple fanboy. Not because you own Apple products but because you make sure everyone knows thru your conversations or signatures that you use Apple products and or services. You try to come across as an elitist. This is OK but you should know what you are.

Look at your sig.

"Posted from my macbook pro
    On the iphone now
    @SinCityMac on Twitter "

Funny thing is I most likely own 3x the Apple products you do. Maybe I should put that in my sig just to make others think I'm special too.

Lets see
    2 iMacs, MacPro, Time Capsule Base Station Extreme, Apple TV, with 4 iPods of various designs.
    Oh and I'll most likely buy an iPad to interface my audio/video system.

Wow...I'm feeling special already.

But I love my Tour.
    Last edited by RetroAndreas; 03-28-10 at 03:07 PM.
    03-28-10 03:04 PM
    Looks to me that you should move over to an exclusive iPhone site cause you come across as an Apple fanboy. Not because you own Apple products but because you make sure everyone knows thru your conversations or signatures that you use Apple products and or services. You try to come across as an elitist. This is OK but you should know what you are.

Look at your sig.

On the iphone now
    @SinCityMac on Twitter "

Funny thing is I most likely own 3x the Apple products you do. Maybe I should put that in my sig just to make others think I'm special too.

Lets see
    2 iMacs, MacPro, Time Capsule Base Station Extreme, Apple TV, with 4 iPods of various designs.

But I love my Tour.

Seems like your the one bragging....
    03-28-10 03:47 PM
    Funny how you only quoted on part of my post. You left out the part where I said that I am not a BB hater and in fact have used them for many years. I do not go into the BB forums anymore as I no longer use a Berry. What I would really like to see is for people to just get over trying to say one device is better then another. I for one do not care what device anyone else is using, if the Berry is better for you then that's great if you want to use an iPhone then that is cool as well. My point was that it does not make sense to me why people that claim to hate a device spend so much time talking about it. For the record that works both ways, any iPhone user that feels they need to go the Berry forums and trash the Berry is not someone who reflects the overall community of CB. To prove my point, look at my posts and find the last time I was even in the Berry forum. Nothing after Dec since that is when I made the switch.
    OK, I'm adding the whole thing although I'm only addressing one phrase. I never called you a BBerry hater, I disagreed with one point you made asking why a BBerry user would post here.
    I'm thinking about a 4G as an addition to my 9700 because, frankly, I really dislike the BBerry browser. So I don't hate the iPhone - I just prefer my 9700. I tried the 3GS and returned it. I posted what I didn't like about it and also the fact that it has the best browser that I've ever seen. I hope I can keep the 4G.
    I never go to the Android or Palm forums because I'm dimply not interested in either platform.
    03-28-10 03:47 PM
    OK, I'm adding the whole thing although I'm only addressing one phrase. I never called you a BBerry hater, I disagreed with one point you made asking why a BBerry user would post here.
    I'm thinking about a 4G as an addition to my 9700 because, frankly, I really dislike the BBerry browser. So I don't hate the iPhone - I just prefer my 9700. I tried the 3GS and returned it. I posted what I didn't like about it and also the fact that it has the best browser that I've ever seen. I hope I can keep the 4G.
    I never go to the Android or Palm forums because I'm dimply not interested in either platform.
    You still are not getting it. I did not ask why a BB user would post here. I asked why an iPhone hater would post here. I never thought or said that you fell into that group. Having read some of your posts I think that you make valid points and come across as very level headed.
    03-28-10 03:55 PM

Look at your sig.

On the iphone now
    @SinCityMac on Twitter "

Lets see

But I love my Tour.
    Well then I guess you should as well, since you have sooooo many Apple products. Really I don't care what you have to say, I am going to ignore you from now on since there is no way to have a normal conversation with you. You should do the same with me.
    Last edited by crackvegas78; 03-28-10 at 04:01 PM.
    03-28-10 03:58 PM
    Seems like your the one bragging....
    My point exactly.

Thanks
    03-28-10 03:59 PM
    Wow, you are such a Tool. Do me a favor and don't quote me. You don't seem to like what I have to say and I don't care about you at all. Glad that you have so much money to spend. Again you are a major Tool and a Troll so have a nice day.
    Did you reply using your iPhone or your MacPro?

We await your reply with abated breath.
    03-28-10 04:02 PM
    Wow, you are such a Tool. Do me a favor and don't quote me. You don't seem to like what I have to say and I don't care about you at all. Glad that you have so much money to spend. Again you are a major Tool and a Troll so have a nice day.
    Lol. Why do people say, "Have a nice day," when they really mean nothing of the sort? When did, "Bite me" evolve into "Have a nice day?"

Just sayin'

03-28-10 04:04 PM
    Oh. Nevermind. I see you edited all that out.

03-28-10 04:05 PM
    You still are not getting it. I did not ask why a BB user would post here. I asked why an iPhone hater would post here. I never thought or said that you fell into that group. Having read some of your posts I think that you make valid points and come across as very level headed.

Then, if I misunderstood your point, kindly accept my apology. My impression must have differed from what you actually said.
    03-28-10 04:34 PM
    lol. Why do people say, "have a nice day," when they really mean nothing of the sort? When did, "bite me" evolve into "have a nice day?"

just sayin'
    roflmao :d:d
    03-28-10 04:48 PM
    The level of fail is high in this thread
    03-28-10 06:18 PM
    Wow, you guys are this bored? Count of hands, who considers the forums here part of their social life?
    03-28-10 08:12 PM
    Then, if I misunderstood your point, kindly accept my apology. My impression must have differed from what you actually said.
    No apology needed, just wanted to clear up the matter. Like I said I never thought that you fell into the iPhone hater group.
    03-28-10 08:22 PM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD