theres no way in I would get an Iphone again....I hated it when I had one. I can't tell you how much I love Blackberrys compared to that childs phone
    03-21-10 08:15 AM
    Now dont get it twisted im a blackberry till i die, but do you rememeber that Ford and GM use to be the #1 car companys in the US and thought Toyota couldnt catch them. They try to sell us the same old boring cars, with new light every couple of years. Now look at toyota and Hyundai there making moves and makeing Ford and GM look like there old and out of touch. Remember consumer buy with there eyes first, then whats in the product.
    umm you might want to try to stop using Toyota in there.....there company is going down fast as of right now. I brace for impact everytime a Toyota gets behind me trying to stop at a red light!
    03-21-10 08:17 AM
    Ive been with Blackberry for four years now, and progressed through every model except the tour. The 9700 does everything and more that I want for a device. Will I switch to another phone? Only when BB makes something better than this B2.
    03-21-10 08:29 AM
    I've heard it said before. Heck I've even said it a few times

Do your reasearch. Read a ton of reviews. Handle/try out the product. Then pick one based on what YOU need/want.

If iPhone fits my needs - great. If it doesn't - the money to by an iPhone will be spent on another device that DOES fit my needs. Personally I don't like touchscreens on a phone, although I've only played with an iPod and an iPhone for a little bit. Never tried any other manufacturer's touchscreen.

and just a thought....

If the iPhone is so horrible, why are there countless themes for BB that make it look like an iPhone? Is this a little bit of jealousy going on? If I was able to check all the anti-iPhone people to see what theme's they've tried out, I'm willing to bet that some(maybe even most) of the iPhone haters have tried or used an iPhone theme....

pick the device that works best for your needs/wants. only YOU know what you need/want and how much you're willing to spend to get it. Do that and ignore everyone else. After all... you're the one stuck with it!
    03-21-10 09:03 AM
    I have been a BB user now for a year and I love it. I could have easily went the iphone route but I wanted to be different. Ok there are things that the iphone has or is better such as the iphone making the BB look poor in web browsing, having apps that I would like to have that aren't supported on the BB etc but I can cope.

The one thing that keeps me on the BB side is the number of kids I see with an iphone. It is shocking. There are 10 year olds at school with an iphone and the thought of me with the same phone as a 10 year old, embarrasses me.

I have yet to see a kid with a BB but I guess there are but no where to the same scale as the bloody iphone.
    03-21-10 09:36 AM
    Sorry to tell ya but NO phone has Flash. A mobile version is said to be coming out later this year or sometime next year but guess what? Apple is REFUSING to allow it on the iPhone. So when mobile Flash is available the iPhone will be left behind.
    I may be wrong, of course, but I believe there are devices out there today that do support Flash. Not sure which ones...perhaps someone might know.
    I'm waiting for either the 4G (which won't happen) or the BBerry later.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 03-21-10 at 10:27 AM.
    03-21-10 10:23 AM
    I just saw the YouTube video of the new iPhone. It looks realky cool, but I wonder about the video chat. I really don't talk on the phone that much and I would have to talk to someone who has those capabilities on their end which is no one I know. I would like the capability, but I wouldn't be abke to use it. I felt the same way about my 3GS. I liked that o could download movies and podcast directly to my phone, but I never watched movies on it and I rarely viewed podcasts. I didn't even listen to music as much as I thought I would. I had dozens of applications but I only uses about 5-10 on a regular basis. The web browser ws awesome, but I only visited the same dozen mobile sites that I have always visited.the iPhone is a great device for those who can use all of its features. If you can't, it becomes waste.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-10 10:23 AM
    i got an iphone3g i bought it to see what the hype was about. liked it for a few months then i went back to using a windows mobile device for a long time. then i decided to try blackberry. minus me being able to setup email with my @live account its pretty good. texting is easy. making and reviceing calls are good. i would hate to see every damn smart phone end up looking like apple's iphone. from what i know about android its similar to the iphone, and what i hear about WMs new OS win7 its gonna just be like the iphone screw that!
    03-21-10 11:22 AM
    I have been a BB user now for a year and I love it. I could have easily went the iphone route but I wanted to be different. Ok there are things that the iphone has or is better such as the iphone making the BB look poor in web browsing, having apps that I would like to have that aren't supported on the BB etc but I can cope.

The one thing that keeps me on the BB side is the number of kids I see with an iphone. It is shocking. There are 10 year olds at school with an iphone and the thought of me with the same phone as a 10 year old, embarrasses me.

I have yet to see a kid with a BB but I guess there are but no where to the same scale as the bloody iphone.
    Grow up. Pick up a phone because it fits your needs, not because of its fan base or users.

03-21-10 03:45 PM
    It is not going to change my mind on staying with BB. Apple can keep thier little kid phone.
    It only took 6 posts for the stupidity to start.

I am looking forward to Apple's new release - unless RIM actually does what they should and fix their damn OS, it will be my next phone. I am sick of waiting for RIM to realize they aren't the only game in town.

Kid phone. God...stupid stupid stupid. It's the same lame, stand by response whenever someone points out Apple's strengths. If the iPhone is a toy then it's the PS3 to RIM's Super Nintendo.
    Bwhahahaha... nice one... I have to agree with you ... that's why I made the jump last dec... I'm a patient guy but... enough was enough
    03-21-10 04:42 PM
    Sorry to tell ya but NO phone has Flash. A mobile version is said to be coming out later this year or sometime next year but guess what? Apple is REFUSING to allow it on the iPhone. So when mobile Flash is available the iPhone will be left behind.
    Flash won't be needed with HTML4 and i'd be willing to bet Apple with be the only one using it in it's browser, lets face it, you look at all the browsers in the mobile market, safari wins hands down, just my opinion.... and I owned 6 different bb's from the pearl to the curve 1 and 2, the tour, and storm 1 and 2...

nothing beats getting a full web browser and not getting truncated emails....
    03-21-10 04:48 PM
    ]nothing beats getting a full web browser and not getting truncated emails....
    Getting through the day on one battery charge?

at least thats my issue with the iphone that caused me to leave it for now unless the improve it in the 4th gen.
    03-21-10 05:38 PM
    Flash won't be needed with HTML4 and i'd be willing to bet Apple with be the only one using it in it's browser, lets face it, you look at all the browsers in the mobile market, safari wins hands down, just my opinion.... and I owned 6 different bb's from the pearl to the curve 1 and 2, the tour, and storm 1 and 2...

nothing beats getting a full web browser and not getting truncated emails....
    I think you are referring to HTML5.

Flash is unimportant on phones anyway, there's no way of sensibly selecting items the same way a mouse and keyboard does on only a touch screen, the touchscreen has only 1 input method "touch"

I prefer a battery that lasts, instant email (never really had a truncated mail unless it was junk html email anyway), a higher res screen, a physical keyboard, etc etc.. But this is all personal preference anyway.

Was I the only one to think the form factor of the phone in that video was seriously ugly.

Looking forward to some new HTC handsets!

03-21-10 06:44 PM
    No offense but you have what is probably the biggest piece of crap RIM ever made-the original Storm. That's the source of your problems. I AM a professional (I own my own business). I have the Tour and there are ZERO memory leaks. I've got around 25-30 apps on it and I still have 80MBs free at all times, so the amount of memory is just fine too. Battery life is awesome and I couldn't be happier.

I also have an iPod Touch and while I love it it would SUCK out loud as a phone. The on screen keyboard is HORRIBLE.

People call it a little kid phone or a toy phone because the iPhone is all about silly apps, games and entertainment while the BB is all business.
    Thank you so much for educatiing me on my history with RIM and the BB! How did I ever exist before you educated me on the Storm? The phone I just got to replace my 8330 - which I got to replace my 8130...I hate to burst your self important business bubble but -this isn't my first Berry.

And the Storm doesn't leak nearly as much as the Curve did. Battery life of my Storm is better than the Curve as well. The Storm is NOT the biggest piece of crap RIM ever produced but thanks for the info and education on MY phone

This is my third BB model, and even though the Storm has made me somewhat enjoy RIM again, and I prefer the virtual keyboard to the Curve and the Pearl before it, I won't be staying because RIM doesn't get it.

Oh but it must be that even though I'm on my third model of Berry, I'm leaving because the Berry is all business and I work in customer service, and I have realized I'm not allowed to have a Berry because I don't use it for business, and I see all the teens walking around with them in my area. I will be sure to tell my housewife mother who has a Curve for texting and because it was a pretty red that she has to get rid of it because it's all business and she doesn't work. I loved watching the 11 year old at Walmart with her Tour her mom bought her, bragging to her friends. There's YOUR business phone for ya!
    Last edited by reeneebob; 03-22-10 at 01:02 AM.
    03-22-10 12:54 AM
    This thread had some potential.

The key word here is "had."

03-22-10 01:13 AM
    I would have to say that regaurdless of what the crackberry nation says.. (this coming from an AVID blackberry user) if rim doesn't get with the program they're gonna lose it..

And regaurdless of what people think.. This is an iPhone section of the forums! Please don't hate on the iPhone. Hehe.

Last edited by DJ Spaded; 03-22-10 at 03:19 AM.
    03-22-10 03:12 AM
    Does any one of you didn't see the hierarchy of needs that our fearless crackberry leader post in this site few months? I myself am a bb addict and loving it too for a while! Check the post about what is it that you're looking for a phone and then talk! But in the mean time let's try not to push no iphone on people who find efficiency with their blackberries. Scr00007

03-22-10 04:19 AM
    I would have to say that regaurdless of what the crackberry nation says.. (this coming from an AVID blackberry user) if rim doesn't get with the program they're gonna lose it..
    The problem with that is theyre never going to "lose it." They will ALWAYS have a core base of users like the government and big corporations who use BES, who need the security only BB offers.
    03-22-10 11:39 AM
    I just got done with a 30 day trial with a 16 Gb iPhone S and I have to confess compared to the Storm 1 - it is a God sent peice of equipment. I had to deal with adminstrating six of those 'POS' phones. Now the contract is coming due in April it appears that it will be the iPhone we roll my company over to. I liked all the networked functions of BBM and the push email - however, the carrier (Big Red) and their rep has left us hanging and is not even trying to help salvage the contract. Left me with 6 storms and a lot of frustration... customer service was far less than expected and the hoops to jump through to get a replacement was a joke. Then when you get the phone it is a refurb and has issues I have to work around.

Now..... The iPhone rep is working her tail off to make this deal.

What is up with that?
    03-22-10 03:31 PM
    Can i ask whats wrong with the blackberry os? its plain and simple easy to use
    if they do change the os i wont like my blackberry as much!
    it's sluggish, often requires rebooting because of memory leaking or whatever, it's entirely too vulnerable to a meltdown from a 552 or other error from an app, oh and the web browsing experience has got to be one of the worst in comparison now in 2010.

those things are just the tip of the iceberg...
    03-26-10 09:57 PM
    Completely UNTRUE. I've got the official 5.0 OS on my Tour and it's not at all sluggish, rarely needs rebooting and hasn't had a single 552 error. The problems you're describing are native to old OSs, not 5.0.
    I had that Tour too, and while 5 helped a lot speed-wise, it still slowed down.

Look, the 5.x release was what should have been shipped with all the 'berrys last year at the least. There was nothing innovative to it, it was just bug fixes and some small improvements... not exactly worthy of a major release number. The overall experience is dated, in general.

I notice you didn't retort the browsing experience...
    03-26-10 10:28 PM
    Okay I feel I have to say it again so here goes. Now I'm not going to call anyone out or try to flame people but, what are all the iPhone haters doing on all the iPhone threads. Do any of you really think that any of us care about your opinions? I mean don't get me wrong everyone is entitled to their own thoughts and views but to me it just seems pointless and a waste of time for people that claim to hate a device to spend so much time talking about it. As I have said time and time again I am NOT a Berry hater, in fact up until this year they were the only smartphones that I ever used, that said since I no longer use them I do not go into the Berry threads and try to talk about how much *** the iPhone kicks over the Berry. You people are as out of place as a Republican on Countdown.

Now as for the OP, are you really going to start a thread like this on Crackberry and expect anything but a fight and flame fest. No one and I mean NO ONE except Steve really knows what the next iPhone is going look like or have as far as features so what was the point of your post in the first place.
    Last edited by crackvegas78; 03-27-10 at 04:59 AM.
    03-27-10 04:54 AM
    Now dont get it twisted im a blackberry till i die, but do you rememeber that Ford and GM use to be the #1 car companys in the US and thought Toyota couldnt catch them. They try to sell us the same old boring cars, with new light every couple of years. Now look at toyota and Hyundai there making moves and makeing Ford and GM look like there old and out of touch. Remember consumer buy with there eyes first, then whats in the product.

Yeah, but don't forget toyota conveniently forgot to mention their crappy cars are death traps that don't stop.

Last edited by tedzone; 03-27-10 at 05:40 AM.
    03-27-10 05:30 AM
    it's sluggish, often requires rebooting because of memory leaking or whatever, it's entirely too vulnerable to a meltdown from a 552 or other error from an app, oh and the web browsing experience has got to be one of the worst in comparison now in 2010.

those things are just the tip of the iceberg...
    You've obviously never used a 9700. And as far as any other unit goes-- most of the problems come from people installing junk apps.

03-27-10 05:44 AM
    I Love my BB for what it does now, but thanks anyways.
    03-27-10 05:53 AM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD