...my iPhone works the way it's supposed to. I used to be all over the blackberry forums before I made the leap to iPhone in October. I was always looking for tweaks, leaked OS, updates, etc., but I noticed something funny since I got the iPhone, I don't do that a lot anymore. I had some battery issues but those have calmed down after one wipe and rebuild. Since then, well, it's been quiet. All my BB forum activity was looking to enhance performance, fix issues, and updates on apps perhaps coming to BB, not so much with the iPhone. The phone works well and almost every app comes to iOS.

And I never thought I would use a phone more than I used a blackberry, but I absolutely cannot live without my iPhone. So yeah, six months in and I do not regret the switch in the least.
    03-05-12 05:03 PM
    Cool thread OP.

....We will see more of you when the BB10 Bolds are out then eh
    03-05-12 05:14 PM
    ...my iPhone works the way it's supposed to. I used to be all over the blackberry forums before I made the leap to iPhone in October. I was always looking for tweaks, leaked OS, updates, etc., but I noticed something funny since I got the iPhone, I don't do that a lot anymore. I had some battery issues but those have calmed down after one wipe and rebuild. Since then, well, it's been quiet. All my BB forum activity was looking to enhance performance, fix issues, and updates on apps perhaps coming to BB, not so much with the iPhone. The phone works well and almost every app comes to iOS.

And I never thought I would use a phone more than I used a blackberry, but I absolutely cannot live without my iPhone. So yeah, six months in and I do not regret the switch in the least.
    Same here. But don't forget iMore.com

Good Luck
    03-05-12 06:03 PM

Same here. I come on to see if i can help a newb out but i spend my time @ imore.com
    I feel if i post here anymore that a bb user will find some way to flame me/us. But unfortunately the bad seeds exist over there as well. I have run into one already but oh well
    03-05-12 07:33 PM
    Lol. Same here !
    03-05-12 10:18 PM

Just wait till you jailbreak it if you haven't already.
    03-05-12 10:29 PM
    +1 on the ease of operation and performance out of the box. I second hondateg91's opinion about a jailbreak. It adds another dimension to an already superb device.
    03-06-12 06:25 AM
    Glad you guys are enjoying your iphones. I have an update coming up and I'm doing my research, and I mostly use my phone as a phone, can anyone tell what the reception is like with the iphone.
    03-06-12 06:31 AM
    Glad you guys are enjoying your iphones. I have an update coming up and I'm doing my research, and I mostly use my phone as a phone, can anyone tell what the reception is like with the iphone.
    my signal seems to be slightly better than my 9550 was. I have only had an occasional signal issue but i think it was a network glitch
    03-06-12 09:27 AM
    Thanks for the response, how is the voice clarity..when someone is listening to you and your listening to them without the speaker phone activated or not activated
    03-06-12 09:56 AM
    I haven't heard a complaint yet, as for hearing people it is superior to most devices i have used. Except when talking to my wife as the way she holds her phone its muffled at times so i hang up on her. and she has an iphone as well
    03-06-12 12:31 PM
    I haven't been around,

1) because I'm annoyed i just bought an ipad for my wife and now the ipad 3 is being announced and,
    2) apps just stopped working on my ipad and I think I'm going to have to wipe and start from the beginning.
    03-06-12 01:31 PM
    I haven't dropped a call yet
    03-06-12 03:18 PM
    Cool thread OP.

....We will see more of you when the BB10 Bolds are out then eh
    Only if he gets a BB10
    03-06-12 03:19 PM
    I haven't been around,

1) because I'm annoyed i just bought an ipad for my wife and now the ipad 3 is being announced and.
    Well you only have yourself to blame for that. Everyone and everywhere has been reporting about the new iPad for a while now.
    03-06-12 03:19 PM
    I haven't been here much at all lately, mostly for that same reason the OP stated. I have other reasons for not being CB anymore as well.

I don't even visit iMore.com that much simply because the iPhone has been a dream for me. I like to go to iMore and look around, chime in every now and then, but honestly there isn't much need for a forum when there isn't anything wrong with my phone.
    GolfnCPA and jclif like this.
    03-07-12 07:27 PM
    I am a recent convert to an iPhone4, that i picked up Monday. Ive checked out imore and a few other forums mostly for app ideas. I must say that i am impressed with the speed of this phone as opposed to the Blackberrys i had. Getting used to the touchscreen is easier then i thought for the past 3 years as well.
    moiselles likes this.
    03-08-12 04:46 PM
    I haven't been here much at all lately, mostly for that same reason the OP stated. I have other reasons for not being CB anymore as well.

I don't even visit iMore.com that much simply because the iPhone has been a dream for me. I like to go to iMore and look around, chime in every now and then, but honestly there isn't much need for a forum when there isn't anything wrong with my phone.
    So nice to have a phone that behaves isn't it? One that gets regular updates and works when it's supposed to. I love mine.
    03-09-12 08:54 AM
    Yes! I love that the updates are available when they are supposed to be and I can do it seamlessly with literally a touch of the button. I was always terrified to install leaked BlackBerry OSs and it was such a headache! The iPhone is so easy to update!

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk
    03-09-12 12:22 PM

Well said.
    03-12-12 11:00 PM
    I tried going back to Blackberry, picked up the 9930. It just wasnt for me.

1. I type twice as fast on the touch keyboard than the physical keyboard.
    2. The battery life was aweful. My iphone 4 battery lasts twice as long as the 9930 in my experience with it.
    3. The app selection was severely limited. I played Angry Pigs, the BlackBerry version of Angry Birds, and to be honest, I felt severely depressed playing it. It was so slow and laggy that I had to delete it cause it served as a reminder of how much better Angry Birds was.
    4. The display was so much smaller and not as refined as the iphone.
    5. The app user experience was terrible when compared to the iphone. I opened up Facebook for Blackberry and Twitter and felt like I went back to 2007.
    6. The overall user experience just isnt the same as the iphone. Iphone does everything faster, EVERYTHING.

The one positive that I did notice was the increase in call quality. I mean it was night and day. The Bold 9930 destroys my Verizon iphone 4 in call quality, and it's not even close.

Overall, I find it amazing that the iPhone 4 was released in June of 2010 and it still offers a better quality product than RIM's best offering here in March 2012.

Again, this is just my opinion and my user experience in trying to switch back to the 9930.
    pilsbury and GingerSnapsBack like this.
    03-13-12 09:59 AM

Same boat as you, except I never had any battery life issues
    I never realized how much time I spent on CB looking for OS updates, useful apps, help with bugs (which ties into OS updates) or even just trying to keep my Berry running well.
    Now I just poke my head around to keep abreast of what's going on, and hit TiPB (iMore still sounds weird ) for app and accessory reviews.

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~
    03-17-12 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD