Aight calm down Mann. Haha.
    Well you've actually got several reasons for multitasking. Such as having a weather app open. And having an email app with a location based movieticket buying app.
    Trust me. When you can't listen to pandora and email at the same time it's pretty annoying.

But seriously. Calm down... No one is saying the other sucks and I don't think I even said that.

Also. Do take note that we have a keyboard. And recently wifi b/g/n

I could go on about carriers and our lack of fanboys and more but I don't even know if you will be back so yeah.

PS. I am an apple fanboy. When apple delivers.
    Compair iPhone 2G, 3G and 3GS.
    Updated hardware..? Not so much.
    Not with that 600 mb processor. Lol.

DC out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It's funny you would mention the weather app. Why would I need that to be open all the time. All I have to do on my 3GS is click the icon and I can see a full 7 day report in under a second. When iPhone OS 4 comes out on the 7th of next month I will be able to listen to pandora and check email and surf the web, on a real browser by the way all that I want. The keyboard thing is not valid at all as I type faster on my 3GS then I ever did on my old curve. And the 3GS was leaps and bounds better then the 2G. More RAM faster processer and many other updates made it a much better device. As far as location based apps, there is just no way that BB is better in that department either, almost every app that I use on my iPhone uses location now and it will also get better in June so I am just not seeing your point there.
    05-10-10 01:27 AM
    Isn't this a Blackberry forum?
    Apple people are guests here and should be more polite or LEAVE.

Disclosure: I have a 3gs and a 9700 and I like both (so save the flames).

05-10-10 05:51 AM
    Hilarious! But, yes, please keep it civil everyone...

05-10-10 07:36 AM
    When people say Iphone>BB or BB>Iphone, what are we basing that off of? I think each have pros and cons based on needs!
    They are basing it on their own opinions. At the end of the day, isn't that only thing that really matters?
    05-10-10 09:26 AM
    It's funny you would mention the weather app. Why would I need that to be open all the time. All I have to do on my 3GS is click the icon and I can see a full 7 day report in under a second. When iPhone OS 4 comes out on the 7th of next month I will be able to listen to pandora and check email and surf the web, on a real browser by the way all that I want. The keyboard thing is not valid at all as I type faster on my 3GS then I ever did on my old curve. And the 3GS was leaps and bounds better then the 2G. More RAM faster processer and many other updates made it a much better device. As far as location based apps, there is just no way that BB is better in that department either, almost every app that I use on my iPhone uses location now and it will also get better in June so I am just not seeing your point there.
    weather app fires up in less than a second??
    That's a pretty fast phone you got there.
    And I'm pretty sure the 3GS was better than the 2.5G counterpart...
    I mean the bold 9700 IS. Better than the curve 8320 right?
    Lol.

And btw. I'm pretty sure apple Doesnt allow flash on thier phones... Which makes up a hge chunk of the "real browser" you are talking about.
    If you can type faster on a touch keyboard then fine. But which can you type better in?
    All the people who have thier phones taken up are people with iPhones.
    Because they can't keep it hidden while texting.

Blackberrys are stealthy.

05-10-10 01:06 PM
    weather app fires up in less than a second??
    That's a pretty fast phone you got there.
    And I'm pretty sure the 3GS was better than the 2.5G counterpart...
    I mean the bold 9700 IS. Better than the curve 8320 right?
    Lol.

And btw. I'm pretty sure apple Doesnt allow flash on thier phones... Which makes up a hge chunk of the "real browser" you are talking about.
    If you can type faster on a touch keyboard then fine. But which can you type better in?

You make a good point about Flash, though I will say there is nothing that I need if for. And yes I do type better and faster on my iPhone then I did on my curve. Like I said in my last post, I just don't see any of the points that you are making, and are you talking about texting while driving? That's just stupid no matter what phone you use. Anyone that does that should not only have their phone taken but should also be beaten with a large club. For the record I don't think that the iPhone is the best smartphone, it's just the best one for me and that is all that really matters is what each person prefers. One more thing, since when does the berry browser support Flash?
    05-10-10 02:01 PM
    What's wrong with the op opinion? I went out to purchase an iPhone and tried to love the phone for 30 days but I still didn't get the whole craze about it. The only thing that amazed me was the 3D graphics games in which I can get a better experienced on my PS3 plugged into my 50" TV.

Phones are meant to be communication devices and the Blackberry system stands out when it comes to call quality, emails, texting, messengers apps.

I don't hate iPhones or the Apple brand and in fact I own an iMac and MacBook but just couldn't see myself using an iPhone.
    05-10-10 02:22 PM
    What's wrong with the op opinion? I went out to purchase an iPhone and tried to love the phone for 30 days but I still didn't get the whole craze about it. The only thing that amazed me was the 3D graphics games in which I can get a better experienced on my PS3 plugged into my 50" TV.

Phones are meant to be communication devices and the Blackberry system stands out when it comes to call quality, emails, texting, messengers apps.

I don't hate iPhones or the Apple brand and in fact I own an iMac and MacBook but just couldn't see myself using an iPhone.
    Nothing wrong with having a opinion about it but just state some reasons why you don't like it. I mean just starting a thread saying "I hate the iPhone...." without actually explaining why you don't like it seems more like someone trolling with their 2 posts. So I don't disagree with anyone voicing their opinions (good or bad) about any device. But tell everyone why you don't like it. List some reasons why it sucks to you. When you start useless threads you don't learn anything from people who may know solutions to your problems. Go over to the Storm rants and raves forum and there is a bunch of threads about people saying they hate their Storm, but they always say why. Just good to give actual experience. The fact the OP didn't list anything makes it seem like they probably never had one and just want to start something. That's all.
    05-10-10 02:55 PM

I'm pretty sure this is the iPhone forum.
    05-10-10 04:17 PM
    I'm pretty sure this is the iPhone forum.
    I was thinking the same thing. Still don't understand why people who want to hate on the iPhone even come in this forum.
    05-10-10 05:00 PM
    It's funny you would mention the weather app. Why would I need that to be open all the time. All I have to do on my 3GS is click the icon and I can see a full 7 day report in under a second.
    On my Storm I have my CUSTOM THEME set to show the background as the current weather so I can know at a glance if i should even bother leaving the central part of the building, and it automatically shows a bright red alert icon if the weather network has pushed out an upcoming weather warning (120km/h wind, blizzard conditions, etc), which I would've missed if i had to launch the application every time i wanted to see the current weather.
    05-10-10 05:54 PM
    On my Storm I have my CUSTOM THEME set to show the background as the current weather so I can know at a glance if i should even bother leaving the central part of the building, and it automatically shows a bright red alert icon if the weather network has pushed out an upcoming weather warning (120km/h wind, blizzard conditions, etc), which I would've missed if i had to launch the application every time i wanted to see the current weather.
    Which theme is that and I wonder if there is a similar one for the Bold 9000? BTW, on my iPhone my weather app icon has the live weather also and there are even better ones that have the entire screen as the theme (JB of course).
    05-10-10 06:12 PM

not sure how you would consider the clicking sounds on the blackberry keyboard or even the storm stealthy. When my wifes going a mile a min on her bold I can hear it across the room.
    05-10-10 06:19 PM
    You make a good point about Flash, though I will say there is nothing that I need if for. And yes I do type better and faster on my iPhone then I did on my curve. Like I said in my last post, I just don't see any of the points that you are making, and are you talking about texting while driving? That's just stupid no matter what phone you use. Anyone that does that should not only have their phone taken but should also be beaten with a large club. For the record I don't think that the iPhone is the best smartphone, it's just the best one for me and that is all that really matters is what each person prefers. One more thing, since when does the berry browser support Flash?
    I'm so sorry. I meant to say in a classroom environment
    Texting while driving is stupid i agree.

And yes thank you for clearing that up for us all... Best phone for you. I'm just saying that people shouldn't start saying thier phone is THE BEST of all the other phones in the world.
    I'm sure even the pearl 8200 could be the best for someone else.
    Just because of a more powerful processor, bigger screen and more apps, people degrade other phones. I love all phone (exclude Windows 6.5 OS[It is pretty bad.] and Nokia [haven't used it yet.]) Operating systems as they are all set to fit specific people. All phones will have a hater. all phones will have fanboys.
    all THINGS will have haters and fanboys. always.

not sure how you would consider the clicking sounds on the blackberry keyboard or even the storm stealthy. When my wifes going a mile a min on her bold I can hear it across the room.
    I meant in a classroom enviroment. you dont need to see the keyboard to type on it in class.
    05-10-10 08:03 PM
    hey Harrison, is that fishing report an application on the bb or did you just take a screenshot of your computer?
    05-10-10 10:01 PM
    I was thinking the same thing. Still don't understand why people who want to hate on the iPhone even come in this forum.
    Just saying, I love iPhone. In fact iPhone was the start for my love of smartphones.
    Anyways Moving on...
    05-10-10 11:06 PM
    I meant in a classroom enviroment. you dont need to see the keyboard to type on it in class.
    can't argue with that. I'm from an era of beepers in classrooms
    05-11-10 06:55 AM
    and are you talking about texting while driving? That's just stupid no matter what phone you use. Anyone that does that should not only have their phone taken but should also be beaten with a large club.
    I do this daily. And eat meat. And club baby seals.

05-12-10 03:30 AM
    Oh I'm hot alright. You looking to hook up? Lol

Always! Who needs match.com when we can hook it up on the crackberry! I'll teach you how to work that iphone.
    can't argue with that. I'm from an era of beepers in classrooms
    Hahaha you remember paging those codes? Like decrypting some top secrete spy message . (I miss you) 46477968. Or even better yet when the same #'s spelled different words. I know I spent 10 min of every class decrypting those things. Awww the good ole days. Kids now days got it way to easy LOL
    hey Harrison, is that fishing report an application on the bb or did you just take a screenshot of your computer?
    The one I put up on here is a screen shot of my pc but there is a pretty good fishing app out called (Bass Fishing Guru Pro) The weather channel does the fishing reports, would be cool if there was an app for that lol I will see what I can find.Fishing Reports, Fishing Forecasts and Activity for Fishing Lakes
    Seems to be on point so far!

05-13-10 01:55 AM
    *BUMP* its time to go fishing again and I found a decent app kind of like the weather.com Fishing Reports called iSolunar. It cost but oh well.......We cant let this thread die its just to funny. Have a good weekend! GONE FISHING!
    05-14-10 02:49 PM
    I have a BlackBerry Tour and it doesn't play games like the iPhone. It has games, but not high quality ones. The apps on the iPhone are far superior. I really don't get the argument that there are so many useless apps in the app store. All of the apps that people claim that are "serious" business apps, the app store has too. The browser is phenomenal. I was able to type faster on my 3GS when I had one. But if I took the predictive text off, it got pretty ugly. The itunes ecosystem is top notch. There is nothing out there that can beat it. Video quality is amazing. Even though the iPhone is so great, at the end of the day I go back to my BB and that's where I feel comfortable. I have memory leaks sometimes. Although I haven't had any random reboots, my BB does freeze up on me. The browser isn't great at all, but it does the job for me because I only visit mobile sites. I love the BB calendar and the keyboard. I'm not as fast, but I am definitely more accurate and it just feels better to hit keys for me. I don't really care that the iPhone doesn't have a replaceable battery. I never take the battery out of my Tour. Email is great on my BB, but the iPhone email system was just as good. IPhone email isn't as fast, but it is better looking. I love the keyboard shortcuts on my BB. It really makes the phone snappy and efficient. Little features like auto on/off and autotext are really great. I like BBM, but when I had the iPhone, I used yahoo messenger and it was just as good. I don't really think that any BB is better than the iPhone, but like I said before, BBs just feel comfortable to me. Maybe that's what the OP is expressing. Sorry for the ramble.

05-18-10 07:56 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD