A guess there isn't going to be one after all? Would have thought that Steve Jobs would have mentioned it today.

Some speculation that since AT&T will offer a 6 month early upgrade pricing from the 3G to 4G iPhone that they are trying to get as many existing iPhone users locked into a 2 year contract.

I wonder what happens in 6 months in iPhone market? Right before Christmas??
    06-07-10 06:39 PM
    A guess there isn't going to be one after all? Would have thought that Steve Jobs would have mentioned it today.

Some speculation that since AT&T will offer a 6 month early upgrade pricing from the 3G to 4G iPhone that they are trying to get as many existing iPhone users locked into a 2 year contract.

I wonder what happens in 6 months in iPhone market? Right before Christmas??
    Was it Apple's conference today? what was said i have no idea?
    06-07-10 06:42 PM
    Was it Apple's conference today? what was said i have no idea?
    Apple iPhone 4: iPhone reviews, news, photos and videos - CNET.com
    06-07-10 06:45 PM
    thank you will read it right now
    06-07-10 06:45 PM
    its actually on par with the current android phones but a little lacking .. 5 mp camera.. I still perfer the Google Os then Apple's but i guess no CDMA iphone then!!... http://www.tipb.com/images/stories/2...tech_specs.jpg
    06-07-10 07:09 PM
    iPhones if you ask me are just CRAP!!! To much of a headache and to propitary stuff on them, I would use a Andriod before I bought a iPhone. Your paying for the Apple name...
    06-11-10 01:41 AM
    We didn't ask you. Oh, and I don't know what propitary is, but as far as proprietary goes meh. I am A-OK with using iTunes, and have done so even before I owned iPods.

Anyway...

There's iPhone CDMA love in Canada - well HSPA - Telus and Bell are both getting it.

And so am I.

And with some of the issues the last Android releases have had, I'll happily 'pay for the Apple name'. I've been paying for the RIM/BlackBerry name for too long as it is.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 06-11-10 at 05:23 AM. Reason: because I have to point out when someone rants and spells the subject of the rant wrong. It bugs.
    06-11-10 05:19 AM
    iPhones if you ask me are just CRAP!!! To much of a headache and to propitary stuff on them, I would use a Andriod before I bought a iPhone. Your paying for the Apple name...
    Isn't that pretty much the case for any product? Better names charge a premium because of that name (they generally use better parts and have better QC too, but that is neither here or there).

When you buy a car, you pay more for a BMW than you do for a Chevrolet.

When you buy a TV, you pay more for a Samsung than you do for a Westinghouse.

etc, etc, etc.....
    06-11-10 07:59 AM
    How long have or did you use your 3GS?
    06-11-10 08:59 AM
    I've been using iTunes since my first, non-color screen iPod. It's never failed me, never erased my library, nothing. As far as using Apple software, it's never bothered me because it's never failed me.
    06-11-10 11:08 AM
    itunes and iphone are both great products, but I believe they are hamstringing themselves as far as sticking with ATT as Android grabs more and more foothold

RIM doesn't have much to worry about I would think, they have a great hold in the business industry for practical users and administrators as they are simple to use, simple to setup, simple to fix, and stretched across all carriers

but as for the android and apple fight, the android market has come a long ways and is rivaling the apple store very well

I have recently switched to HTC evo so yes, I am a bit biased but I still have a tour as a backup and have had the 3G and 3GS both. I loved my iphones, but I could not STAND dealing with ATT as they repeatedly violated me from month to month...I gladly paid my ETF and GTF out of there

Who am I to question Steve Jobs? I am no one. I just simply don't understand their thinking on sticking with ATT

I personally think the iPhone has lost its luster and the new design proves just that, it now looks like every other boxy phone out there
    06-14-10 06:47 AM
    HTC has poor build quality, the screen on the EVO's are already peeling off. It's just not about software and carrier but hardware as well of which NO ONE can even come close to Apple.
    06-14-10 10:27 AM
    +1

I like where Motorola is going by building their phones out of solid metal. I like how my Droid has a little heft and solidity. No cheap feel. The iPhone has a great build as well.
    Same reason I bought my first MacBook Pro this past weekend.
    06-14-10 11:12 AM
    +1

I like where Motorola is going by building their phones out of solid metal. I like how my Droid has a little heft and solidity. No cheap feel. The iPhone has a great build as well.
    That's odd, I feel the complete opposite concerning the Droid. My nephew has one and yes it is metal with weight, but the slider and other areas of it were poorly constructed.
    06-14-10 12:05 PM
    HTC has poor build quality, the screen on the EVO's are already peeling off. It's just not about software and carrier but hardware as well of which NO ONE can even come close to Apple.
    Yeah HTC quality sucks. The designs are on point but execution is not as good. Not terrible but room for a lot of improvement. This is where Apple has the advantage because they do both the software and hardware side. Obviously there's a positive and negative. You get all the praise when it's good and all the blame when it's bad. But Apple just doesn't want anyone else controlling such an important part of the device because people will associate their platform with the device itself and Apple isn't having any of that. I'm a little baffled by HTC though. They been making devices forever and it's not like they had to make a million incredibles and evo, so the quality should be a lot better than what the reports are saying.
    06-14-10 12:21 PM
    I know this much, that if Apple were to release the iPhone on most major carriers nationwide the marketshare of the majority of smartphones would dwindle.

Apple has 22% right now, while only on ATT.

Regardless. Apple has never been about money and owning a significant portion of the market.

They've always been niche, and have prided themselves of this.

Just look at their history.
    06-14-10 01:46 PM
    I know this much, that if Apple were to release the iPhone on most major carriers nationwide the marketshare of the majority of smartphones would dwindle.

Apple has 22% right now, while only on ATT.

Regardless. Apple has never been about money and owning a significant portion of the market.

They've always been niche, and have prided themselves of this.

Just look at their history.
    Yeah that's true and the margins they make on their products are ridiculous. They don't worry about the buy 1 get 1 gimmicks and stuff like that. They offer their products at their price and make huge margins on them which is why they make so much money. They would probably sell less iPhone than total blackberries in a full year but the money they make on the iPhone is far greater than the returns RIM sees on blackberries.

Also, the report on the link has Apple around 28%. And like you said, that's just one carrier and 1 device per year.

'iPhone vs Android' report finds Apple has three times Google's market share -- Engadget
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 06-14-10 at 02:07 PM.
    06-14-10 01:54 PM
    That's odd, I feel the complete opposite concerning the Droid. My nephew has one and yes it is metal with weight, but the slider and other areas of it were poorly constructed.
    Nothing on mine is poorly constructed but then again, I got mine two months after the Droid was launched. Maybe he has one of the crappier, defected ones.
    06-14-10 02:26 PM
    I was so bummed to see no Verizon news on Job's keynote. That's why I'm leaving verizon!
    06-15-10 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD