So I updated the Facebook app from the App Store yesterday. Now it's version 3.4.1. No issue with the download and I logged in last night and everything was fine.

Now today I touch the app icon to open Facebook (I never stay logged in, I always log off after using Facebook), and I'm on the login screen and I get a weird alret. It says "Alert: This build is only enabled for employees". What the **** is going on?

Anyone one know what this means and how to remedy it?

Update: Here, after searching Google I found this video showing exactly what I am talking about above.

Last edited by Mr. Marco; 04-23-11 at 03:57 PM.
    04-23-11 03:53 PM
    I wonder whats so special about the employees build
    04-23-11 06:55 PM
    Have you tried to just delete and reinstall?
    04-23-11 07:30 PM
    Have you tried to just delete and reinstall?
    I did this and now am going to monitor it to see if the alert returns.

Also within the App Store, in the Facebook app reviews, someone already posted what this thread is discussing lol. I'm pretty surprised, I thought that the advantage of iOS being a closed ecosystem is that Apple can enforce its "strict quality" on everything up to and including apps. As a matter of fact I think the Facebook app is Apple developed.

Update: Nope, still getting that alert. Issue with v 3.4.1. Now in anger I'm tearing off my tank top!
    Last edited by Mr. Marco; 04-23-11 at 09:20 PM.
    04-23-11 08:09 PM
    I've got your solution Mr. Marco. Delete Facebook app and never re-install. Facebook bites the big one, anyway!
    04-23-11 09:37 PM
    I've got your solution Mr. Marco. Delete Facebook app and never re-install. Facebook bites the big one, anyway!
    So you're Count Dooku and you tell me this after I have already torn off my tank top in anger?
    04-23-11 10:15 PM
    The Force can have a powerful influence on the weak minded! Scam artists and all around bad guys use Facebook as a learning tool. Way too much info, getting out to too many people. Probably one of the better places for identity theft that's out there. I'm not even going to go into detail about predators. If you use Facebook, then carry a light saber at all times. May the Force be with you!
    04-24-11 08:15 AM
    The Force can have a powerful influence on the weak minded! Scam artists and all around bad guys use Facebook as a learning tool. Way too much info, getting out to too many people. Probably one of the better places for identity theft that's out there. I'm not even going to go into detail about predators. If you use Facebook, then carry a light saber at all times. May the Force be with you!
    Tinfoilhatonmyhead.com
    04-24-11 01:04 PM
    I did this and now am going to monitor it to see if the alert returns.

Also within the App Store, in the Facebook app reviews, someone already posted what this thread is discussing lol. I'm pretty surprised, I thought that the advantage of iOS being a closed ecosystem is that Apple can enforce its "strict quality" on everything up to and including apps. As a matter of fact I think the Facebook app is Apple developed.

Update: Nope, still getting that alert. Issue with v 3.4.1. Now in anger I'm tearing off my tank top!
    The Facebook app is not Apple developed. As far as I know, there use to be a dude who worked exclusively on the iOS Facebook app, then he left and he was quickly replaced.
    04-24-11 01:47 PM
    The Facebook app is not Apple developed. As far as I know, there use to be a dude who worked exclusively on the iOS Facebook app, then he left and he was quickly replaced.
    Yup. Joel Hewitt. People were pissed to say the least.
    04-24-11 02:26 PM
    I got that message when i logged out but i clicked on it and it disappeared, and allowed me to log in
    04-24-11 08:14 PM
    My FB app has been terrible the past 2 days. Got the message when logging out too.
    04-27-11 04:16 PM
    I want Facebook to get rid of that stupid 'dickbar'...
    04-27-11 04:30 PM
    I want Facebook to get rid of that stupid 'dickbar'...
    Seems that they got rid of it today.
    04-27-11 04:54 PM
    Why don't you guys try just using Facely HD? Give it a shot, use the free version and see if you like it better. I've been using it for 1 day and I already like it better than the FB app.
    04-27-11 06:02 PM
    Why don't you guys try just using Facely HD? Give it a shot, use the free version and see if you like it better. I've been using it for 1 day and I already like it better than the FB app.
    I have it. Picked it up at 99 cents when it was on sale. I still like the official app
    better.
    04-27-11 06:52 PM
    I have it. Picked it up at 99 cents when it was on sale. I still like the official app
    better.
    I still like e-mailing people one on one. Facebook sucks!
    04-30-11 05:12 PM
    I got the same error message. I rebooted my phone from the app. Turn the phone back on. Deleted the app then add it back and the error message went away.
    My FB app has been terrible the past 2 days. Got the message when logging out too.
    05-04-11 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD