Well I finally took the plunge and jailbroken my i4 and also did my wifes 3GS and everything seems to be working fine so far. I do have one question though, after downloading cydia on both phones and it did it's thing with downloading packages and all each of us have a 1 badge on the cydia icon like there is an update, but neither of us have downloaded anything yet. Does anyone know why this is? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-10 09:29 PM
    Open Cydia and go into "changes" at the bottom. This is where the updates will be and you can see what that badge is. Be sure and download winterboard.
    11-04-10 09:49 PM
    Even though you didn't install any apps, Cydia is and did install apps, files etc. The badge showing on Cydia means something has been updated. See above for how.
    11-05-10 07:44 AM
    Well I finally took the plunge and jailbroken my i4 and also did my wifes 3GS and everything seems to be working fine so far. I do have one question though, after downloading cydia on both phones and it did it's thing with downloading packages and all each of us have a 1 badge on the cydia icon like there is an update, but neither of us have downloaded anything yet. Does anyone know why this is? Thanks

I was told about jailbreak for my ipod touch 4th generation but im kinda scared i'll mess it up.I'm glad everything went great for you and ive been reading up on it maybe i will get the courage to do it.
    11-05-10 08:35 AM
    I was told about jailbreak for my ipod touch 4th generation but im kinda scared i'll mess it up.I'm glad everything went great for you and ive been reading up on it maybe i will get the courage to do it.
    It's simple. Just ask questions and we'll help you!
    11-05-10 10:45 AM
    Your not the only one that was nervous. It took me about a month to finally take the plunge. But it is really simple and everything seems to be running just as smooth as before I did it. The only thing that I have downloaded so far is winterboard, I feel like I need to watch some videos on how to use cydia before I do to much. And don't forget, it's not permanent if you don't like it, you can still restore it through iTunes

11-05-10 11:23 AM
    It's simple. Just ask questions and we'll help you!
    thank you.what progam did you use?
    11-05-10 11:31 AM
    Your not the only one that was nervous. It took me about a month to finally take the plunge. But it is really simple and everything seems to be running just as smooth as before I did it. The only thing that I have downloaded so far is winterboard, I feel like I need to watch some videos on how to use cydia before I do to much. And don't forget, it's not permanent if you don't like it, you can still restore it through iTunes

thanx for the encouragement.what program did you use?
    11-05-10 11:33 AM
    thanx for the encouragement.what program did you use?
    Limera1n, just search it on YouTube and there are tons of videos on how to do it. Very simple, even a computer illiterate person like me was able to do it.

11-05-10 01:28 PM
    Limera1n, just search it on YouTube and there are tons of videos on how to do it. Very simple, even a computer illiterate person like me was able to do it.

I just jailbroke my ipod touch.whoa.thanx.now need to find how to get all these nice these.
    11-17-10 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD