My best friend, my parents and a cousin I talk to a lot all have iPhone. They've all send videos to my Android and I can never view them! Frustration.

I have tried using apps to convert the video. Is iPhone video only meant for iPhone to iPhone? How come? Any way I can view on my Android or BlackBerry?

What if they send me an iPhone video to my email and I open it on a laptop? Would I be able to view it then?
    11-21-11 01:33 PM
    I've sent videos from my iPhone to a friend with an Incredible. Same deal. He can't open them on it and I don't know why. He's able to view them on his computer without a problem.
    11-21-11 05:02 PM
    It may have something to do with playing in QuickTime which Android does not support.
    11-21-11 05:04 PM
    Can't view on Android or BlackBerry. It makes it seems like Apple is trying to be exclusive. Disapprove!

When I get my PC, I'll have to watch all their videos.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-11 05:06 PM
    I think Apple has always had the media and such on lockdown!
    11-21-11 05:40 PM
    I guess I just never noticed because it's only recently that these friends/family got iPhones.

I've tried a few apps to convert but cult get any to work. Right now, they just upload the videos to YouTube and I watch that way.
    11-21-11 07:12 PM
    Android and BBOS do not support quicktime.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-21-11 08:19 PM
    As far as I know only nokia symbian supports quicktime other then the iphone.

11-22-11 04:28 AM
    Not sure if this works but I was thinking about trying it.

WhatsApp Messenger

WhatsApp Messenger
    11-22-11 04:39 AM
    Android and BBOS do not support quicktime.
    I never knew this either. The beginning of this year when I was still using my 9650, my Bil sent me a video of my niece from his iP4, and when I opened it my bold crashed. It just automatically rebooted. I was like and then there was my hubby next to me on his iP4 watching it I was like, really?

So that's when I discovered I couldn't watch the vids on my bold from iPhones at the time.

11-22-11 06:56 AM
    As far as I know only nokia symbian supports quicktime other then the iphone.

I believe you are correct. Although, I don't know if there are third party apps that allow Android/BBOS to view it.

I never knew this either. The beginning of this year when I was still using my 9650, my Bil sent me a video of my niece from his iP4, and when I opened it my bold crashed. It just automatically rebooted. I was like and then there was my hubby next to me on his iP4 watching it I was like, really?

So that's when I discovered I couldn't watch the vids on my bold from iPhones at the time.

Yea I barely ever get video messages, usually just youtube links. I never encountered that problem on my BB or Android devices.
    11-22-11 12:30 PM
    Not sure if this works but I was thinking about trying it.

WhatsApp Messenger

WhatsApp Messenger
    I use this app to send text messages to my wife on her BB9800..

Have not yet tried sending video though.
    11-23-11 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD