I didn't read all the comments, but being a manager for AT&T and actually using both devices constantly, I can tell you the rF is better than the Bold on AT&T. If you're comparing it to the 8310 I see in your profile, then that's unfair as the 8310 doesn't do 3G. Turn 3G off on the iPhone and you'll have the same or better reception. You will also have more battery power.

The facebook, I actually like better on the BB. The push and easier to access, but if I was going for features, the iPhone would win that race.

Email... you can have as many push accounts (Yahoo, MobileMe, Mobile2Web) as long as it doesn't occupy an exchange slot. For Gmail, it was only one push slot as it uses the exchange slot. Once again, like the FB app, this is a wash for me as I like push on the BB constantly, but love IMAP support with folders as I use them constantly. I love being able to file my emails without being on my PC.

Going back to the battery, there are a few options to getting this, but I once thought the same thing until I realized a few reasons why battery seems as though it sucks on the iPhone:

• Large Screen
    • Awesome resolution
    • Real HTML email
    • Constant usage... iPod / YouTube / Games / Apps all contribute.

Push for email actually helps your battery... I notice a lot of users saying the opposite. Pull uses more battery as it tried to pull even when there isn't any mail to check. Push only sends when necessary. I can get 12+ hours of constant usage.

I am SMSing, Twittering, Facebooking, Emailing & Web Browsing. I also use the phone for voice, but this is where the most battery gets used even with around 2-3 hours of talk time. Remember the iPhone has 5 hours of 3G talk time.

I love and use both phones and really can't part with either. BB mostly for instant email, bbm, quick facebook/twitter updates and the iPhone for sms, extensive facebooking, extensive twittering and light IMing.
    10-30-09 06:25 PM
    Why do people always have to bash the opposing side? Each device has their advantages and flaws. Both are great devices.
    Quoted for truth

Its amazing Blackberry fanboys have to come here to bash the iphone or justify their own purchase/choice of phone. No one's giving up their iphone who likes it because you say things about it. Just deal with it some people like the iphone and move on. thats why there's 100+ phone choices- not every phone is for everyone.

If you dont like it, then why are you in this subforum exactly? Makes zero sense other then wasting your time.
    10-30-09 07:53 PM
    Quoted for truth

Its amazing Blackberry fanboys have to come here to bash the iphone or justify their own purchase/choice of phone. No one's giving up their iphone who likes it because you say things about it. Just deal with it some people like the iphone and move on. thats why there's 100+ phone choices- not every phone is for everyone.

If you dont like it, then why are you in this subforum exactly? Makes zero sense other then wasting your time.
    because it's a thread about NOT liking the iphone, if you DO like it then i might ask you why are YOU here?
    10-30-09 08:30 PM
    check the name of the subfourm its for the IPHONE.

There are about 20 other BB sections to discuss that, AND a phone comparison section. This is none of those. this is a place for iphone users to discuss our phone, not get bashed.

Youre right its just another dumb thread started by an iphone basher to get attention like we really care about their opinion how quick they returned it.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 10-30-09 at 08:42 PM.
    10-30-09 08:36 PM
    @all the apple fanboys/girls that are trolling cb.com
    excuse me, but if im not mistaken, this is an iPhone subforum on a BlackBerry enthusiast site. My OP was a BlackBerry users experience and opinion on an iPhone. It was posted in the right place. I did not go to TIPB.com and express my opinions, because THAT would have been to antagonize and flame those users.

The iPhone is very cool. I stated it in the OP. But its not for me, for reasons that I mentioned. Feel free to continue pointing out differences, but this is NOT an iPhone website.
    10-30-09 08:45 PM
    no youre right, the j*rk above you posting dumb stuff like is there an app to wipe away your tears childish BS is just annoying.

But you have all the lamo's after you posting how "gay" the phone is (didnt know a phone could have a sexuality past being incredibly ignorant to say) and bashing something they prob touched for 5 min tops.

Your points are valid but the baseless bashers after you have no reason other than being trolls.
    10-30-09 08:49 PM
    Come on guys play nice! Don't make me get out the mod stick!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 09:03 PM
    i agree, all the trolls need to go away, for and against.

anyway, i really wanted to like the iPhone, but the battery issues killed me. i just dont think its reasonable to try and keep my cell plugged in half the time just to try and get through the day. As I mentioned before, i turned off the stuff i wasnt actively using, and it still didnt buy me enough battery time. push notifications were a close second.

i was not going to get the iphone until copy/paste got included. since it was fixed, i tried it, and returned it. maybe with the 4th gen, they'll get some more issues resolved, and maybe i might try again. until then, im waiting for a 9700.

both phones have pros and cons. both excel with their feature set. you dont have to agree with each point, just accept peoples comments as opinion. whats going on here is the phone version of racism. and thats just plain stupid.
    10-30-09 09:15 PM
    son of a b*tch... my Tour just got the dreaded "Reload Software: 552".

so say what you will about the iPhone, and Apple's restrictions, playing policeman on what goes on it's platform... but.. as I googled the error (and had results come back to this site), it's apparently related to 3rd party applications.

I've *never* had such a problem like that on the iPhone.. that a 3rd party application would completely bring down the entire phone, OS and all.
    10-30-09 09:17 PM
    agreed with bormooski.. if only they created iphone with an exchangeable external batteries.. it would be perfect!
    11-01-09 11:40 PM
    I had an iPhone for an hour. It literally jumped out of my hands, and told me I wasn't gay enough to use it, and walked away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm not sure that there is a word more gay, than Fabulous. Nice screen name, btw.
    11-02-09 01:43 AM
    I'd also like to add, IMO, what we see here is a supreme case of envy toward the Iphone. Gotta tell you, if I didn't get out of AT&T due to issues I had with them, I'd have an Iphone in an instant. Unfortunately, I'll never get over my hatred for AT&T and unfortunately, my part of NY doesn't have the best service for them here.

Anybody who tries to say with a straight face that any BB on the market is a superior product, is lying through their teeth, or depending on where you are from, your gums. The BB does Email better, thats it. BBM is a niche product, and in my two years of having a Berry I used it a handful of times. Of course, I didnt want to post my pin on a forum, so random people can bother me all through the day to talk about how cool BBM is, and I couldn't get any of my friends to get a BB, just so I could IM them.

If the Iphone went to Verizon, they'd probably have a hard time selling other phones. RIM is already getting the cold shoulder from Big V by the way they are pimping Android and trying to down play the Iphone. RIM needs to make big changes, because over the course of the next year or so, as Apple and Android, and even Windows 7 evolve, if RIM doesn't come up with something innovative they are going to lose their consumer demo-graph and be stuck with the business end, again.

The video, and media capability is horrid compared to the newer phones, the integration of social networking is a joke compared to other platforms. Hooray, it pushes email!
    11-02-09 01:54 AM
    I had an iphone 3G for 10 days and in the end it just wasn't for me. I exchanged it for a BB Bold and couldn't be happier,I absolutely love my Bold. I'll also say here that there are pluses and minuses to both devices for different reasons also. To me the Iphone while a really nice device isn't as revolutionary as some would think. I mean they couldn't even do flash or a removable battery? Then not allowing 3rd party apps to me is a big minus.

I remember reading about how a lot of iphones were being bricked after a jailbreak was done. This was something with the software as apple doesn't want YOU running the things YOU WANT on YOUR PHONE! To me thats just absurd,that would be like GM programming their cars computers to shut down and render YOUR car useless if you installed a performance chip or aftermarket stereo in it. Again I'm not iphone bashing i'm just saying I bought one thinking I'd like it and didn't it turns out I like my BB alot more and with opera mobile's new beta is renders perfect webpages as they appear on my PC. Again i think it just comes down to what best fits the user like a pair of shoes its a personal decision and not everyone will agree.
    Last edited by 1911luver; 11-02-09 at 08:38 AM.
    11-02-09 08:35 AM
    Its not really a "cant do," its a business decision. Its easier for them to have you bring it to them and replace the battery under the Applecare. Sure they make money on it after your 1 year is up, but it also guarantees the best experience across the board with the phone. No 3rd party Chinese batteries frying the phones and complaining customers. I honestly dont know one single person who carries a spare battery vs many who carry a spare charger or car charger. Its the vast minority who really utilize the removable battery "feature" It also leads to a much sturdier feeling device without a creaky/loose battery cover (MANY BBs are plagued by)

Flash is just Apple's stance on the internet. They want to go with a more open standard of CS5 then flash which is proprietary even if its used a lot. Its a lso a HUGE resource hog. Tried it on Windows Mobile (with a speedy 528mhz processor and 256mb of RAM) and it bogged down the device badly. The video was choppy at best as well. Its just not optimized to run on a phone because its so resource intensive. And I agree with Apple here that their more open CS5 standard is the way the web will go in the near future and away from proprietary things like Silverlight and Flash.

And Apple doesnt put a "killswitch" in the phone so when you jailbreak it, it dies. Its more the case of a few people taking on what they dont read how to do or just arent knowledgeable enough to do themselves. Its a hack, and with every hack comes a risk of bricking your phone. A beta BB OS or Windows Mobile ROM can brick your phone just the same (all cases, even iphone, are mostly repairable with the right tools and instructions anyways).

But I totally agree that its preference and this little war is nonsense fanboys on both sides arguing over nothing other then preference. Its just sad that certain BB people come here solely to ruin good discussions and cant be mature discussing the merits of their or both sides. As much as this is Crackberry, its a site for all phones as well in their own little, albeit much smaller, forums. No reason anyone should ruin it for another registered user who chooses to try to post or get help here for any device.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 11-02-09 at 04:11 PM.
    11-02-09 04:06 PM
    No 3rd party Chinese batteries frying the phones and complaining customers.

Flash is just Apple's stance on the internet. They want to go with a more open standard of CS5 then flash which is proprietary even if its used a lot. Its a lso a HUGE resource hog. Tried it on Windows Mobile (with a speedy 528mhz processor and 256mb of RAM) and it bogged down the device badly. The video was choppy at best as well. Its just not optimized to run on a phone because its so resource intensive. And I agree with Apple here that their more open CS5 standard is the way the web will go in the near future and away from proprietary things like Silverlight and Flash.

And Apple doesnt put a "killswitch" in the phone so when you jailbreak it, it dies. Its more the case of a few people taking on what they dont read how to do or just arent knowledgeable enough to do themselves. Its a hack, and with every hack comes a risk of bricking your phone. A beta BB OS or Windows Mobile ROM can brick your phone just the same (all cases, even iphone, are mostly repairable with the right tools and instructions anyways).
    no 3rd party chinese batteries blowing up, just apple chinese batteries blowing up, that DOES happen you know... don't justify the limitations of the phone for "customer experience" 99/100 people would rather be able to replace their battery themselves than have to go to an apple store or send their phone and and be inconvenienced for DAYS without a phone, and as for flash, are you really going to defend them there? flash runs good on BLACKBERRY, soon every phone will have flash, except the iphone, don't tell me you are ok with that just because apple says flash is bad, everyone will have it except iphone users, sound like mms?
    even adobe thinks its ridiculous, as you can see in their new flash needed screen for the iphone

Last edited by katiepea; 11-02-09 at 04:14 PM. Reason: more info
    11-02-09 04:10 PM
    Please, 2 or 3 iphones/ipods WORLD WIDE out of 50 MILLION have had issues and no determination if it was the battery. "Apple Chinese batteries blowing up" is a totally false statement/conclusion. Theres a BIG difference between a Chinese OEM battery and the $.01 ebay ones from China. There's a reason they cost a penny

And if you polled regular (non-forum geek) users i GUARANTEE 95+/100 never have bought a spare battery. Ive never seen more than one person in the general public carrying around a spare battery. You dont just cater to the geek crowd on a consumer-based device.

Flash on a Blackberry? Wow you must have some insider info no one else has. Theres NO flash on the BB browser right now. The only thing REMOTELY close is a 3rd party browser which renders flash on their servers. Thats nothing close to flash running natively on the phone.

And Im ok with it because thats the standard the web is moving to. The resource hit on the phone isnt worth the end product of seeing more pop-up ads and webpage ads move for the sake of having it. The ONLY 2 US carrier-offered devices to see flash running on them natively was Flash Lite on Windows Mobile, which as I said from personal experience bogged down even the top specced phone, and Android (Hero) which crashed multiple times in Engadget's demo video a few months ago.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 11-02-09 at 04:22 PM.
    11-02-09 04:17 PM
    Please, 2 or 3 iphones/ipods WORLD WIDE out of 50 MILLION have had issues and no determination if it was the battery. "Apple Chinese batteries blowing up" is a totally false statement/conclusion.

And if you polled regular (non-forum geek) users i GUARANTEE 95+/100 never have bought a spare battery. Ive never seen more than one person in the general public carrying around a spare battery.

Flash on a Blackberry? Wow you must have some insider info no one else has. theres NO flash on the BB browser. The only thing REMOTELY close is a 3rd party browser which renders flash on their servers. Thats nothing close to flash on the phone.

And Im ok with it because thats the standard the web is moving to. The resource hit on the phone isnt worth the end product of seeing more pop-up ads and webpage ads move for the sake of having it.
    where did you get your degree in wrongology from?
    11-02-09 04:19 PM
    Glad it wasnt from where you got (or didn't get) yours with that intelligent comeback!

I like how you have to resort to personal attacks since you have no facts to back your ridiculous BB fanboy claims though. It tells the WHOLE story to all.

Funny how the iphone is "so bad" in so many ways, yet you continue to troll the iphone section posting all kinds of untrue BS. I agree with the prior statement- the iphone envy is strong here and it shows by the trolls who cant give it up that we like our phones.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 11-02-09 at 04:35 PM.
    11-02-09 04:23 PM
    I had a Blackberry and joined this site... I switched to the iPhone yet still stayed on the site b/c there's general intelligence (not that it's found much in this thread) from the posters and there's a forum that allows Blackberry Ex-Pats to discuss their new devices from a common position... we've owned Blackberry's before.
    11-02-09 05:47 PM
    ever since playing with the iphone it seems like a great device but after reading what people are posting im not sure if i can fully make the switch just doesnt seem like it is that great after all.
    11-03-09 08:19 PM
    dont listen to what either side fanboys say, make your own assessment.

There's a reason people feel the need to post negative things all the time, because they have nothing better to do or have some stupid brand loyalty issues.
    11-03-09 08:45 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD