Another thread ruined by fanboys. This is getting stupid.
    06-28-10 12:11 PM
    06-28-10 12:16 PM
    All I can do is laugh ! .. Especially that line, ask ANYONE who has gone from BB to iPhone and regardless is they like the change or not, they'll almost 99.98% agreee that the apps on the iPhone are FAR superior... so I too am calling BS !!
    Agreed!! iOS4 integrates the core OS apps better than any OS out there. Also now with multitasking I can believe how easy it is to jump from app to app. I haven't noticed any loss of multitasking functionality since selling my Droid or switching from my Storm.
    06-28-10 12:20 PM
    Aw Niki. Sorry to hear you couldn't get yours. I got both of mine though
    That's harsh
    06-28-10 12:23 PM
    Crazy tread. Here's my take. I LOVED my 9000 and my 9700 only made it better in terms of being happy with Blackberry. It did everything I needed it to do had a great keyboard and I was fiercely fast with it. What bothered me? Why do I have an iphone 4 now? The web browser. SOOO many times I was out somewhere trying to access different sites and not being able to with Blackberry's poor browser. The screen was small but I could live with that but the browser issues I Just haven't seen RIMM take on seriously so off I go back to the iphone (had the original one on opening day years ago). I don't type nearly as fast but the phone is slick, fast, easy to use and the browser is the best one I've seen in a mobile device hands down. The screen is gorgous also. Do I miss the LED and the keyboard and a few other little things from my 9700? Absolutely. There IS no perfect phone sadly but overall I'm glad I went back to the iphone and lo and behold I have ALL these apps to choose from too (many of which are free). That certainly takes the sting away from leaving my 9700 powered off and unloved on my desk.
    06-28-10 12:36 PM
    Boys, I just say this: I bought my iphone 4 and didn't bother to activate it. I just simply use it as an ... iphone touch lol ^__^

PS: wait till next month and cancel my deadly contract with A .... tee tee
    06-28-10 12:50 PM
    Boys, I just say this: I bought my iphone 4 and didn't bother to activate it. I just simply use it as an ... iphone touch lol ^__^

you may want to read the fine print, I'm almost positive there is a penalty for holding the phone for that long and not activating it
    06-28-10 01:01 PM
    you may want to read the fine print, I'm almost positive there is a penalty for holding the phone for that long and not activating it
    I was thinking the same thing. If they bought it unsubbed then they paid full price for an iPod touch. And if they did buy it subsidized then they are looking at being charged full price without activating it. And if you buy it subsidized and then plan on canceling your contract then that's 325 on top of what it cost to buy the phone. What's the point of that? I know before it was 14 days or you get charged. Don't see how they win. Either way between Apple and AT&T they have all the info they need to get the money.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 06-28-10 at 01:44 PM.
    06-28-10 01:16 PM

A..tee tee is soo bad.. , you WiMax and LTE suckas how about this kung POW!
    and this is 3 mofo to the G! now EVEN 4G wimaximillion LTE!

Yea AT&T sucks so much..
    06-28-10 01:27 PM
    yeah I agree that A tee tee is fast (some where ...) but their dropped call rate is high too. We all have freedom of choice, so choose what you love ^__^
    06-28-10 01:41 PM
    Thanks for the advise man. I just activated it but totally turn off the voice and data service!
    06-28-10 01:52 PM
    Thanks for the advise man. I just activated it but totally turn off the voice and data service!
    You do know the ETF is 325 right? Or did you buy without commitment?
    06-28-10 01:53 PM
    Yeap, I have to do that because they didn't allow me to buy it at retail price. So 299+325+36+55 = 715. A bit more than the retail price + tax, but it is still better than burn my $ on ebay ^__^
    06-28-10 02:41 PM
    All I can do is laugh.
    Hah, I'm not saying an LED light was a make or break feature. I'm well aware of what an iPhone can do since my brother has one.

I do agree that no phone is perfect but seriously? You should have know that iPhone do not have LED indicators before you bought it. And if you expect everything to be like blackberry then you really didn't want a iPhone. What you want is a blackberry that has features like the iphone and you won't find that anytime soon. I think most who have left blackberry for Android or iPhone would venture to say that the benefits far outweighs the limitations. With every platform you give up something. I would rather give up LED notifications than the best web brower, full HTM email, access to all my email folders, recording in HD, ease of use, and seeming unlimited apps. But hey, that's just me.
    Though his is jailbroken so his can do pretty much everything a Blackberry can. I do admit that I did rush to buy an iPhone thinking that a jailbreak would be available within the week and that was poor decision making on my part. But as I try to make it through my day with sketchy push notifications, and every app feeling like a widget - with virtually no integration with them makes my feel like I've left something wonderful.

All I can do is wait for a jailbreak / more iOS 4 supported apps, or simply get the 9800 when it comes (though I don't know since the iPhone's screen is really, really nice).

All I can do is laugh ! .. Especially that line, ask ANYONE who has gone from BB to iPhone and regardless is they like the change or not, they'll almost 99.98% agreee that the apps on the iPhone are FAR superior... so I too am calling BS !!
    Well I don't know. I personally like a little banner that appears at the top of the screen (which is what the app "Keep it on" did for me).

Not only is an iPhone alert just a large obtrusive box that pretty much interrupts anything that isn't a phone call. Unless it's an sms or email, I barely even get them.

I'm gonna update the opening post with every post I do from now on.
    Last edited by McFarlane; 06-28-10 at 03:02 PM.
    06-28-10 02:46 PM
    his isn't jailbroken... nobody that has an iPhone 4 is jailbroken lol WOW... is that really what he just tried to say ? WOW

and forgive me if I rant here, but all this comes from you on your 3rd EVER post on CB.com... some of us have been here for years... and post regularly but you can't come in here on 2 posts and flame on about how iPhone apps suck and look like widgets when you're supposedly a longtime BB user who's NEVER posted here ????

Doesn't seem like much solid ground to stand on
    Last edited by cleverocks22; 06-28-10 at 03:12 PM.
    06-28-10 03:05 PM
    his isn't jailbroken... nobody that has an iPhone 4 is jailbroken lol WOW... is that really what he just tried to say ? WOW

and forgive me if I rant here, but all this comes from you on your 3rd EVER post on CB.com... some of us have been here for years... and post regularly but you can't come in here on 2 posts and flame on about how iPhone apps suck and look like widgets when you're supposedly a longtime BB user who's NEVER posted here ????

Doesn't seem like much solid ground to stand on
    I've had a BB since the original Pearl, since then I've had the 8300, 8900, then the 9700. I only registered on crackberry to view attachments in the forum, I never had a reason to post because the only reason I ever came to this site was to find BB tricks and cool BB apps (that's how I found Berrybuzz and Keep it on).
    I'm well aware that their is no jailbroken iPhone out there besides the ones that the Dev team has. I can't lie it was poor decision making on my part, rushing to buy this phone; because I knew from the start that the majority of the features that I wanted would only be available through a jailbreak. Between this family of 5 we have 3 Macbooks, 3 iPhones, 2 iMacs, an iPad, and a load of little Apple accessories. You could say my Apple fanboy-ism pretty much pushed me to buy an iPhone knowing what I would be missing, others could say I just love the polish. And I wanted to leave T-mobile for AT&T for a while so I thought this would be the best opportunity anyways.

And by the way, I never said iPhone apps suck. Their notification system sucks, but the apps in itself are wonderful. They don't feel integrated at all so they do feel like widgets sometimes, but I know that once it's jailbroken that problem will go away.
    06-28-10 03:23 PM
    good deal. Its probably a smarter, and cheaper alternative for the time being
    06-28-10 03:23 PM
    I've had a BB since the original Pearl, since then I've had the 8300, 8900, then the 9700. I only registered on crackberry to view attachments in the forum, I never had a reason to post because the only reason I ever came to this site was to find BB tricks and cool BB apps (that's how I found Berrybuzz and Keep it on).
    I'm well aware that their is no jailbroken iPhone out there besides the ones that the Dev team has. I can't lie it was poor decision making on my part, rushing to buy this phone; because I knew from the start that the majority of the features that I wanted would only be available through a jailbreak. Between this family of 5 we have 3 Macbooks, 3 iPhones, 2 iMacs, an iPad, and a load of little Apple accessories. You could say my Apple fanboy-ism pretty much pushed me to buy an iPhone knowing what I would be missing, others could say I just love the polish. And I wanted to leave T-mobile for AT&T for a while so I thought this would be the best opportunity anyways.

And by the way, I never said iPhone apps suck. Their notification system sucks, but the apps in itself are wonderful. They don't feel integrated at all so they do feel like widgets sometimes, but I know that once it's jailbroken that problem will go away.

Ok fair enough, I've had an 8130, 8330, 9530, 9550 and the 9630 lol I think i got all those in there ... I guess I'm somewhat peeved at troll posts lately and I have the tendency to jump the gun... Well it's nice to hear you are an Apple fanboy lol I won't lie, I told the Cleveland paper here waiting in line I was one on launch day...

So it's all good, with an well rounded post like that last one I'll gladly shut up now lol
    06-28-10 03:38 PM
    Ok fair enough, I've had an 8130, 8330, 9530, 9550 and the 9630 lol I think i got all those in there ... I guess I'm somewhat peeved at troll posts lately and I have the tendency to jump the gun... Well it's nice to hear you are an Apple fanboy lol I won't lie, I told the Cleveland paper here waiting in line I was one on launch day...

So it's all good, with an well rounded post like that last one I'll gladly shut up now lol
    It's fine, cause when I read my OP again, I was wondering what was I even talking about. I did make it sound like I just went and bought an iPhone expecting it to have everything I ever wanted on it - including BB exclusive features. A large amount of missed reception on my part, even more missed reception than when I hold my iPhone "wrong".
    06-28-10 03:45 PM
    I'm one of the lucky ones that don't have that issue
    06-28-10 03:50 PM
    I have that issue, but in all honesty I think people are just over exaggerating things as usual, it is not as bad as you'd think - if you had this issue.
    06-28-10 03:54 PM
    I agree 100% with jiggaman. Simple solution I've done all along: Keep my blackberry (don't devote my soul to AT&T) and get an ipod touch (if you do your research, have it operate just like an iphone w/o a camera). If your patience is strong, keep an eye out for the 4th generation touch this year.
    06-30-10 11:42 AM
    I love my 9700...and with this ridiculous wait for my iPhone 4 (I should have mine by the end of next week), I'm almost tempted to cancel my reservation and just keep my BB.

I have an iPod Touch..and I don't like carrying two devices around. But I'm going to keep my 9700 as a second phone.
    06-30-10 05:22 PM
    And I already want to go back to my Blackberry 9700. I'm patiently waiting for the jailbreak to see if I can get BB-like features on the iPhone... Well at least it doesn't instantly die like an Android.

Just a word of advice - Even though BB doesn't look as shiny as an iPhone or Android, simply put - it has key features, and features many phones still can't get right today - main one being a single message folder showing every type of event, that is something I really loved having, it made it feel like all my apps were working in harmony and not just as little widgets, and alerts - though I can pretty much say every OS get this right except iOS. But don't get me wrong, the LED light was simply one of my favorite features. I'm planning on buying the 9800 when that comes too (but I don't think I'll ever slide it out, doesn't look good to me slid out). Hopefully when a jailbreak is released for iPhone 4 it will alleviate me of these problems. Sometimes I honestly wonder how Apple released a phone where alerts are pretty much a large obtrusive box, and where half of my "push" apps only update whenever it feels like it (though I heard the push problem is the app developers' fault).

But anyways - rant over. I pretty much can't wait to go back to Black (berry).

No Jailbreak? That's weird I just jailbroke ios4 today for my sis.

Update (including quotes):
    - Commenting about me complaining that there is no LED light.
    I'm not saying an LED light was a make or break feature - Don't get me wrong it is very helpful (at my job, I can't look at my phone, but I can leave early due to emergencies, my family is pretty much against calling me at work, but they still send me messages - and with Berrybuzz I could easily tell if a msg was important or not) I'm well aware of what an iPhone can do since my brother has one.

The easiest way I can put it, the thing that comes to me first when I get a phone next to battery life, is being able to know what's going on around me. What you mentioned about the iPhone is just the polish, with sketchy push and a horrible notification system - unless I'm getting an phone call, SMS or email, a good amount of the time I am unaware if somebody tried to contact me any other way. My brother complains about this too with his iPhone which he's had since day one of the first iPhone. Though his is jailbroken now so his can do pretty much everything a Blackberry can, I'm not exactly rushing to buy another Blackberry just to get a single inbox and a LED light. But I do admit that I did rush to buy an iPhone thinking that a jailbreak would be available within the week and that was poor decision making on my part. But as I try to make it through my day with sketchy push notifications, and every app feeling like a widget - with virtually no integration with them makes my feel like I've left something wonderful.

All I can do is wait for a jailbreak / more iOS 4 supported apps, or simply get the 9800 when it comes (though I don't know since the iPhone's screen is really, really nice).

I did research... How do you think I know that jailbreaking gives me pretty much any Blackberry feature I want? I'm mad at myself for rushing to get the iPhone without waiting for the jailbreak to come first, but with a little patience I know I won't regret buying this phone.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-10 08:00 PM
    This was an interesting read.

I'm known to my friends and coworkers as the BB Queen and I really like it (luv it actually)...except for the small-ish screen. I've flirted with getting an iphone because a lot of my friends have iphones and I've played around with them a bit. I figured I could adjust to the aps - my 2 biggest concerns; I have long nails and have a hard time texting without a physical keyboard and getting push email for work email.

A coworker upgraded to iphone4 so I bought his 3GS for $100 which I thought was awesome and a relatively inexpensive way for me to see if I like it and not shoot myself if I brick it.. I figured if I didn't, I'd have an itouch. I did read about not upgrading to OS4 so that I could unlock and jailbreak for TMO and just as I was rushing to tell the guy that was selling to me, he brought me the phone and happily let me know that he wiped all his info and upgraded to OS4 for me....lol

So for the past 2 days, I have been playing around on wifi...no phone features....I love it, I am getting better on texting (going to look at the swype thingy) and I am sure I can find replacement/equivalent/perhaps even better apps. I do miss the LED but I'll live. I can't wait for jailbreak/unlock stuff to be officially out.

So, far THUMBS UP for me on the iphone.
    07-01-10 08:23 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD