And I already want to go back to my Blackberry 9700. I'm patiently waiting for the jailbreak to see if I can get BB-like features on the iPhone... Well at least it doesn't instantly die like an Android.

Just a word of advice - Even though BB doesn't look as shiny as an iPhone or Android, simply put - it has key features, and features many phones still can't get right today - main one being a single message folder showing every type of event, that is something I really loved having, it made it feel like all my apps were working in harmony and not just as little widgets, and alerts - though I can pretty much say every OS get this right except iOS. But don't get me wrong, the LED light was simply one of my favorite features. I'm planning on buying the 9800 when that comes too (but I don't think I'll ever slide it out, doesn't look good to me slid out). Hopefully when a jailbreak is released for iPhone 4 it will alleviate me of these problems. Sometimes I honestly wonder how Apple released a phone where alerts are pretty much a large obtrusive box, and where half of my "push" apps only update whenever it feels like it (though I heard the push problem is the app developers' fault).

But anyways - rant over. I pretty much can't wait to go back to Black (berry).

Update (including quotes):
    All I can do is laugh.
    - Commenting about me complaining that there is no LED light.
    I'm not saying an LED light was a make or break feature - Don't get me wrong it is very helpful (at my job, I can't look at my phone, but I can leave early due to emergencies, my family is pretty much against calling me at work, but they still send me messages - and with Berrybuzz I could easily tell if a msg was important or not) I'm well aware of what an iPhone can do since my brother has one.

I do agree that no phone is perfect but seriously? You should have know that iPhone do not have LED indicators before you bought it. And if you expect everything to be like blackberry then you really didn't want a iPhone. What you want is a blackberry that has features like the iphone and you won't find that anytime soon. I think most who have left blackberry for Android or iPhone would venture to say that the benefits far outweighs the limitations. With every platform you give up something. I would rather give up LED notifications than the best web brower, full HTM email, access to all my email folders, recording in HD, ease of use, and seeming unlimited apps. But hey, that's just me.
    The easiest way I can put it, the thing that comes to me first when I get a phone next to battery life, is being able to know what's going on around me. What you mentioned about the iPhone is just the polish, with sketchy push and a horrible notification system - unless I'm getting an phone call, SMS or email, a good amount of the time I am unaware if somebody tried to contact me any other way. My brother complains about this too with his iPhone which he's had since day one of the first iPhone. Though his is jailbroken now so his can do pretty much everything a Blackberry can, I'm not exactly rushing to buy another Blackberry just to get a single inbox and a LED light. But I do admit that I did rush to buy an iPhone thinking that a jailbreak would be available within the week and that was poor decision making on my part. But as I try to make it through my day with sketchy push notifications, and every app feeling like a widget - with virtually no integration with them makes my feel like I've left something wonderful.

All I can do is wait for a jailbreak / more iOS 4 supported apps, or simply get the 9800 when it comes (though I don't know since the iPhone's screen is really, really nice).

So you're complaining about the people complaining about the complainer? The "issues" that the OP have could have been avoided with RESEARCH. If you want to be unknowledgeable about your purchase and then complain about something it's never done in 3 years then you're asking for it. It's like me buying a blackberry and then being upset because I can't view all my yahoo email folders. If that was so important to me, I would have made sure it was there before I bought it. If you're going to complain, complain about some real issues and not your lack of research. And

Are you also in the Storm forums playing forum police so everyone can voice their crappy experiences instead of the Storm users constantly bashing everyone who said something bad about it? Or do you just defend blackberry users who don't like the iPhone or anything else that's not RIM?
    I did research... How do you think I know that jailbreaking gives me pretty much any Blackberry feature I want? I'm mad at myself for rushing to get the iPhone without waiting for the jailbreak to come first, but with a little patience I know I won't regret buying this phone.
    Last edited by McFarlane; 06-28-10 at 03:07 PM.
    06-28-10 02:16 AM
    Sorry, I'm calling bullsh*t.
    06-28-10 02:31 AM
    I can't use iphone as well as android it confuses me its programs all over the place I like how my berry is simple. Not the best out there but makes me happy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-10 02:41 AM
    Y'know I totally get ya about the one single message folder. It's tiny things like that which keep on a berry. I don't see the need for the bells and whistles, and especially the 'quirky' apps that all my friends seem to have and so it is these kinda things which I think are a real deal breaker.

Having everything in one place just seems... well ... logical. It's so simple, and yet it seems that the latest iphone 're-revolution' is sticking with the exact same way of handling the core purpose of the device (communication) as the old revolution *shrug*
    06-28-10 03:51 AM
    And I already want to go back to my Blackberry 9700. I'm patiently waiting for the jailbreak to see if I can get BB-like features on the iPhone... Well at least it doesn't instantly die like an Android.

Just a word of advice - Even though BB doesn't look as shiny as an iPhone or Android, simply put - it has key features, and features many phones still can't get right today - main one being a single message folder showing every type of event, that is something I really loved having, it made it feel like all my apps were working in harmony and not just as little widgets, and alerts - though I can pretty much say every OS get this right except iOS. But don't get me wrong, the LED light was simply one of my favorite features. I'm planning on buying the 9800 when that comes too (but I don't think I'll ever slide it out, doesn't look good to me slid out). Hopefully when a jailbreak is released for iPhone 4 it will alleviate me of these problems. Sometimes I honestly wonder how Apple released a phone where alerts are pretty much a large obtrusive box, and where half of my "push" apps only update whenever it feels like it (though I heard the push problem is the app developers' fault).

judging from your complaints, i'm also calling bs. Your missing the blackberry because of a led notification system and lack of a single message box to hold everything? I guess they could be real reasons but that doesn't make any sense to decide your done with a device. There were many other things I found wrong with the blackberry but were offset by my overall experience.
    06-28-10 07:13 AM
    Y'know I totally get ya about the one single message folder. It's tiny things like that which keep on a berry. I don't see the need for the bells and whistles, and especially the 'quirky' apps that all my friends seem to have and so it is these kinda things which I think are a real deal breaker.

Having everything in one place just seems... well ... logical. It's so simple, and yet it seems that the latest iphone 're-revolution' is sticking with the exact same way of handling the core purpose of the device (communication) as the old revolution *shrug*
    you do realize blackberry hasn't had any new "re-revolutions" in quite a few years. Even with there newest handsets and os announcements they are still pushing the same features on newer devices with a few ui additions. Plenty of bb enthusiasts have asked for newer features so this isn't a one sided request, its just one rim seems to fall extremely short on.
    06-28-10 07:16 AM
    wow, i don't know what to say...you like what you like. I think like many analysts out there that RIM could be the next Palm and will be going out of biz not to far from now if all they do is adding more memory to their phones.
    06-28-10 08:45 AM
    But don't get me wrong, the LED light was simply one of my favorite features.

Hopefully when a jailbreak is released for iPhone 4 it will alleviate me of these problems. (berry).
    All I can do is laugh.
    06-28-10 09:00 AM
    I've only had my iPhone a few days, but I'm not looking back. I miss the keyboard on my 9700, but thats about it.
    06-28-10 09:44 AM
    I do agree that no phone is perfect but seriously? You should have know that iPhone do not have LED indicators before you bought it. And if you expect everything to be like blackberry then you really didn't want a iPhone. What you want is a blackberry that has features like the iphone and you won't find that anytime soon. I think most who have left blackberry for Android or iPhone would venture to say that the benefits far outweighs the limitations. With every platform you give up something. I would rather give up LED notifications than the best web brower, full HTM email, access to all my email folders, recording in HD, ease of use, and seeming unlimited apps. But hey, that's just me.
    06-28-10 09:50 AM
    It baffles me how you guys can call another persons experience BS!!??

Really? He's talking BS because HE'S expressing HIS issues with a phone that HE bought with HIS money....

Some of you guys absolutely kill me the way you troll around this site and drop one liners in posts that don't meet YOUR expectations....
    06-28-10 10:03 AM

Really? He's talking BS because HE'S expressing HIS issues with a phone that HE bought with HIS money....

Some of you guys absolutely kill me the way you troll around this site and drop one liners in posts that don't meet YOUR expectations....
    So you're complaining about the people complaining about the complainer? The "issues" that the OP have could have been avoided with RESEARCH. If you want to be unknowledgeable about your purchase and then complain about something it's never done in 3 years then you're asking for it. It's like me buying a blackberry and then being upset because I can't view all my yahoo email folders. If that was so important to me, I would have made sure it was there before I bought it. If you're going to complain, complain about some real issues and not your lack of research. And

Are you also in the Storm forums playing forum police so everyone can voice their crappy experiences instead of the Storm users constantly bashing everyone who said something bad about it? Or do you just defend blackberry users who don't like the iPhone or anything else that's not RIM?
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 06-28-10 at 10:13 AM.
    06-28-10 10:10 AM

All I can do is laugh ! .. Especially that line, ask ANYONE who has gone from BB to iPhone and regardless is they like the change or not, they'll almost 99.98% agreee that the apps on the iPhone are FAR superior... so I too am calling BS !!
    06-28-10 10:12 AM
    My complaint is the people who got Iphones and didn't do their research on the phones for their needs, are taking them back. When a person like me, that did their researched and wanted one, but couldn't because they sold out.
    06-28-10 10:15 AM
    I agree with jiggaman, his experiences are what he wants and not these people who try and tell him what he wants. I had an iphone and didn't like it and probably will not get another one but am I going to go rag on a guy who does? No. Just like my friends out here who have iphones don't rag on people with other phones. In fact they wish they could use a physical keyboard every now and then. I think the anonymity of the internet gives the people who actually do this the guts because no one will ever know who they actually are.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-10 10:17 AM
    while the research part i agree.. but it's common knowledge iPhone doesn't have one lol ESPECIALLY if you currently or did have a BB.... everyone knows this.. or so I thought.. I guess common knowledge or sense... isn't so common lol
    06-28-10 10:33 AM

I consider myself very fair in both instances....If I happen to see someone in the Storm forums "bashing" whatever issues they have with the phone I usually weigh my own experience and wish them all the best with the next phone they purchase. So "forum police".... nope, just a forum contributor whenever possible. Hope that's ok with you.....

I do agree with your statement that the OP could have done the research, but then again sometimes you need to actually GET THE PHONE HOME and mess around with it at your own leisure, certain things you may over look for other benefits. I mean if I listened to all the S2 haters I would have NEVER bought one, but I did I love it and life goes on....

Now please note that I had a specific area that was underlined in my post for the ONE LINER posters that troll and have nothing useful to contribute to the matter.....they are the posters that I have ZERO patience for....not the ones that offer up suggestions that may help the OP not to make the same error again.
    Last edited by jiggaman2g; 06-28-10 at 10:48 AM.
    06-28-10 10:45 AM

the problem is the poster isnt really posting experience he's posting on known features, thats all. I was one of those people who bought the storm regardless of the reviews because I knew I wanted it; but I knew what it offered. Maybe it's the OCD in me but I can't buy any device without looking into what I'm getting. If it has what I want then I get it then weight my opinion on that but I don't go into such a big buy blindly and complain about what should have been known. The phones not for everyone and no phone is but it seems like there are an awful lot of 1 to 2 post people popping up with these stories.
    06-28-10 10:57 AM
    And stories like these over common knowledge dumbfoundness I guess I'll put it, seems to be the real trolls here.....
    06-28-10 11:10 AM
    @jiggaman
    Just to clarify, I wasn't ragging on his experience with the iPhone, or putting him down. I also wasn't attempting to troll, but whatever. All I was saying was thats all I personally miss about the blackberry. Was it my most intelligent post ever? No, and sorry if it so deeply offended you.
    I hadn't had my coffee yet.
    06-28-10 11:20 AM
    I would rather give up LED notifications than the best web brower, full HTM email, access to all my email folders, recording in HD, ease of use, and seeming unlimited apps. But hey, that's just me.
    You may be saying that sarcastically but BB users like me see the your list as gravy and not as a necessity.

By the way, I heard that Apple invented multitasking for smartphones ;-) For this reason alone I would not buy the previous iPhones. Not to mention LED,Notification, Better Push Email,Customization & Physical Keyboard to name a few things which are important to me.

So it comes down to choice and if you made an informed one...all the power to you.
    06-28-10 11:23 AM
    You may be saying that sarcastically but BB users like me see the your list as gravy and not as a necessity.
    Yeah just like I think LEd notifications and the unified inbox for everything is not a necessity. But being able to have access and organize all my web-based email folders is important to me. Having a good web browser is important to me and having access to all the apps is important to me. So you may think it's "gravy" but these are things that RIM wished they had. Everyone has their own needs and opinion the things that it has greatly outweigh the thing is it missing.
    06-28-10 11:34 AM
    My complaint is the people who got Iphones and didn't do their research on the phones for their needs, are taking them back. When a person like me, that did their researched and wanted one, but couldn't because they sold out.
    Aw Niki. Sorry to hear you couldn't get yours. I got both of mine though
    06-28-10 11:35 AM
    OP made a troll post and you guys took the bait Come on now guys.
    That was hook, line, and sinker. The OP won this one.
    06-28-10 11:40 AM
    That's why mods should step in a lock this sucker down.... lol
    06-28-10 11:54 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD