Apple is running on all thrusters.

Not only are they price fixing with e-book readers, they are also systematically attacking popular competitors by delaying their product to market.

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-on...led-us-customs

I really have nothing against android but apple behavior makes it easy to dislike them.

Since I've been following the mobile space I've seen apple:
    1. restrict popular reading apps from browsing their stores.
    2. being sued by the Justice Department for price fixing.
    3. price fixing with carriers and selling their products for more and having us all eat it.
    4. create devices that consume 3x the data of previous ones. May be part of deal with carriers.
    5. mass suicides at component manufacturers.
    6. tax dodging taken to the next level.

Honestly. I would like to see this company have a true article about their contribution to society, such as Mike L. donating 100 million to establish a higher education facility, or something other than self service, sue happy, competition choking, scum of the earth behavior.

Seriously, people need to " W A K E U P !". If Apple behaves this way now, what will they be like if they gain another 10% of the market?

Moderators, you can shut the thread down if you want but you can't say that they are not true. I've got articles on every single item. Just google any of the above items.

I'm sticking with my BlackBerry but if I ever left it would be for a droid and it would be one of the ones that apple tried to destroy.
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 05-15-12 at 10:47 PM.
    polytope, CDM76 and rcm1301 like this.
    05-15-12 10:41 PM
    This is not Blackberry news, and there's already a banner about the "breaking news" at the top of this website anyways.
    05-15-12 10:50 PM
    I will never ever own anything from Apple, ever. I hate those communists with a passion.
    05-15-12 10:56 PM
    It's not just apple, google is just as bad. Therefore, I would not own either.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    CDM76 and polytope like this.
    05-15-12 11:10 PM
    I will never ever own anything from Apple, ever. I hate those communists with a passion.
    I would LOVE for you to explain your idea of communism to me friend.
    reeneebob and kevinnugent like this.
    05-15-12 11:22 PM
    As I am not big supporter of Apple and it's practises.... but some fairness and actual facts needs to creep into articles like these.... Especially this one

Points 1 2 & 3 are allegations not statement of facts... nothing has been proved.....

Point 4 supposition..... trying to weave some statements to fit an argument.....

Point 5 There were not "MASS SUICIDES" at the foxconn plants in China....
    Regrettably some loss of life but hardly something to pin on Apples... the statement has no basis in fact.... check out this link.... Foxconn suicides - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia The plant makes devices for Dell, HP, Motorola, Nintendo, Sony and Nokia. So why not mention of them.... would they not be equally guilty???

Point 6 Unless I missed somthing... Many companies "tax dodge" does not make it illigal and Apple is certianly not the first....

Again I am not a big fan of Apple and it's business practices... but unless they or any other company are doing something illegal.... I do not understand posts such as this unless some trolling is happening......
    Last edited by dbmalloy; 05-15-12 at 11:39 PM.
    05-15-12 11:25 PM
    What else are they gonna do. Jobs and innovation are gone.
    05-15-12 11:34 PM
    Apple is running on all thrusters.

Not only are they price fixing with e-book readers, they are also systematically attacking popular competitors by delaying their product to market.

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-on...led-us-customs

I really have nothing against android but apple behavior makes it easy to dislike them.

3. price fixing with carriers and selling their products for more and having us all eat it.
    4. create devices that consume 3x the data of previous ones. May be part of deal with carriers.

Honestly. I would like to see this company have a true article about their contribution to society, such as Mike L. donating 100 million to establish a higher education facility, or something other than self service, sue happy, competition choking, scum of the earth behavior.

Seriously, people need to " W A K E U P !". If Apple behaves this way now, what will they be like if they gain another 10% of the market?

Moderators, you can shut the thread down if you want but you can't say that they are not true. I've got articles on every single item. Just google any of the above items.

I'm sticking with my BlackBerry but if I ever left it would be for a droid and it would be one of the ones that apple tried to destroy.
    They contribute to society by releasing products that I enjoy. Who are you to say what a company should do with their cash? New flash every company/person tries to find loop holes in the tax system. It's not illegal, besides the us govt is greedy when it comes to corporate taxation.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using The Hand Of God
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    05-15-12 11:47 PM
    Continue to release solid products

05-15-12 11:47 PM
    Don't worry, he won't. Lol

05-16-12 12:01 AM
    RIM hasn't released anything innovative in the last 8 years though.
    05-16-12 12:05 AM
    Lotta folks with no RIM devices listed in their profile spending a lot of time posting on a blackberry fansite these days...
    Just sayin'
    05-16-12 01:59 AM
    Just because something isn't illegal doesn't make right.
    05-16-12 02:24 AM
    Let them fight each other to death
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    05-16-12 04:09 AM
    The first iphone was innovative all the other ones after thjat were just upgrades my friend.

The only innovative thing has been apps and that credit doesn't belong to apple its the dev`s and once they find and a new growong platform that they can make more money on there gone to
    05-16-12 04:18 AM
    Change happens quitly in the back round once we notice we think it happend quick but it goes on quietly in the backgroung just as bb10 is changing rim m
    You got say that apple right now is were rim was 5 years in charge of the smartphone market and apple was just entering just like what rim is doing now with bb10 who knows whatgoing to happen but people did say then that there's no way the iphone will take down rim well it almost did so for those that say bb10 can't take down apple anything can happen and change is already quietly happening in the background
    05-16-12 04:24 AM
    he is being ironic...isnt he????
    05-16-12 05:09 AM
    i would suggest the poster takes an inventory of everything they consume and enjoy, and cut out everything from their life that isnt ethically sourced and has no links to exploitation, tax avoidance and arms dealing.

You will be hungry, thirsty, naked and walking a lot i assure you.
    kevinnugent and FigureThisOut like this.
    05-16-12 05:15 AM
    Just because something isn't illegal doesn't make right.
    How would you feel if the govt, taxed you on profits that you didn't earn here? Apple/ any other company isn't doing anything wrong.

05-16-12 05:31 AM
    no taxation without explotation!!!
    05-16-12 05:53 AM
    Apple does business like Wal-Mart does. Watch the PBS shows about Wal-Mart. They're online.

Apple is a bully and shady.
    05-16-12 06:07 AM
    Do we really need a reason to dislike Apple?
    05-16-12 06:14 AM
    Let Apple and the Android OEM's fight it out and attack each other with legal actions, ads, etc.. Let MS sue Android OEM's too and keep getting money from them. Keeps RIM lower on the radar and they can focus on getting BB10 out. iOS is getting long in the tooth and unless Apple announces some major changes at WWDC that they are going to do more than make it a stale app launcher then......

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Crackberry App!
    mzceetee, kbz1960 and Chrisy like this.
    05-16-12 06:16 AM

1) All they want is what they believe is their 30% of everything sold on the device. If the other companies don't want to comply then that's their problem.
    2) And they'll likely win the case. Apple didn't fix prices, they just changed the system to an Agency one which is consistent with how Apple has always done business. Amazon was 90% of ebook business at the time and still holds a large percentage of that. It's hard to make a good case that they were fixing prices.
    3,4) That's an even harder case to argue...
    5) Suicide rates at Foxconn factories are actually better than the average in China.
    Media gets its facts wrong - working at Foxconn significantly cuts suicide risk | ZDNet
    6) They do the same things almost every other large company does. It's not excusable, but to fix the problem you need to fix the loopholes, not point fingers at individual companies abusing them.
    05-16-12 06:26 AM
    Apple does business like Wal-Mart does. Watch the PBS shows about Wal-Mart. They're online.

Apple is a bully and shady.
    Name one corporate 500 company that's not...lol

05-16-12 06:39 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD