can i pleeeeeeeeease have one day without someone badmouthing apple, and then someone come flying in to defend them?

Its getting boring.
    always3rd likes this.
    05-16-12 06:46 AM
    Sorry I've been wanting to do this for some time.
    Biff Tannen: [to his friends] I'm gonna get that son of a .
    05-16-12 06:59 AM
    Sorry I've been wanting to do this for some time.
    Biff Tannen: [to his friends] I'm gonna get that son of a .
    Lol...

Sent from my IPhone 4s using The Hand Of God
    05-16-12 07:25 AM
    can i pleeeeeeeeease have one day without someone badmouthing apple, and then someone come flying in to defend them?

Its getting boring.
    I don't even get why we talk about Apple so much on a bb forum. But I guess the most voal posters use an iPhone. So, that's all we talk about. Lol.

I think I know learn more about apple here than BlackBerry.
    05-16-12 07:33 AM
    i would suggest the poster takes an inventory of everything they consume and enjoy, and cut out everything from their life that isnt ethically sourced and has no links to exploitation, tax avoidance and arms dealing.

You will be hungry, thirsty, naked and walking a lot i assure you.
    Sounds like many of my morning afters when I was a teenager... OK as an adult too.

Sent from your wife's phone while you think she's at work, using Tapatalk
    05-16-12 07:50 AM

Its getting boring.
    I have seen guerllmo post the same list over and over again about how Apple is the worst company ever. It's getting pretty old. I used to respond to his Apple causes Mass Suicides claims, but I've just surrendered.
    05-16-12 08:50 AM
    Sounds like many of my morning afters when I was a teenager... OK as an adult too.

Sent from your wife's phone while you think she's at work, using Tapatalk
    LOLOLOL!!! Best post ever!
    05-16-12 09:43 AM
    Honestly, besides creating malcontent, what purpose do these type threads have. I'm frankly surprised the Moderators allow this. If we were to go into the BB forums and post anything remotely close to this, how long would it take to close the thread?

I would like a MOD to chime in.
    05-16-12 11:28 AM
    Tons of threads like this still going. For the comment on dumb US companies I have to say there is nothing wrong with supporting companies where you live, what is wrong is doing so thinking it keeps jobs at home for people when really it does not when most of the jobs are outside of the country.

No RIM supporters should be calling other companies dumb when RIM has been one of the worst. If the sentiment is to support your own countries dumb companies then I guess I need to look at not supporting RIM and go elsewhere.
    brucep1 and reeneebob like this.
    05-16-12 11:42 AM
    They contribute to society by releasing products that I enjoy. Who are you to say what a company should do with their cash? New flash every company/person tries to find loop holes in the tax system. It's not illegal, besides the us govt is greedy when it comes to corporate taxation.

I agree, leave the banks and wall street alone also.
    05-16-12 12:22 PM
    I'm assuming the OP is expecting me to make the kind of fuss she is accustomed to making herself, however all I'll say is that while the courts ruled in Apples favor & issued this injunction I do think its ridiculous & does nothing to further competition.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xandermac; 05-16-12 at 04:45 PM.
    05-16-12 04:42 PM
    Wow I was reading the comments in the link. WTF is wrong with Apple fanboys that they want to see anything else die and have apple be the one and only. Sad, just sad.
    05-16-12 04:59 PM
    I like Apple & some here would probably consider me a rabid fan (although if you search you'll see I've been pretty harsh on Apple at times). I'm also smart enough to know that if Apple were to gain monopoly power they would be 10 times worse than microsoft ever was, especially if Jobs we're still at the Helm. A powerful Apple is a very scary thing for everyone involved. I also realize that they have to protect their IP & while it looks ugly from the outside the courts don't make their decisions lightly & they're privvy to information that we'll probably never see. I don't have to like the decisions but the law is the law.

Wow I was reading the comments in the link. WTF is wrong with Apple fanboys that they want to see anything else die and have apple be the one and only. Sad, just sad.

05-16-12 05:06 PM
    I like Apple & some here would probably consider me a rabid fan (although if you search you'll see I've been pretty harsh on Apple at times). I'm also smart enough to know that if Apple were to gain monopoly power they would be 10 times worse than microsoft ever was, especially if Jobs we're still at the Helm. A powerful Apple is a very scary thing for everyone involved. I also realize that they have to protect their IP & while it looks ugly from the outside the courts don't make their decisions lightly & they're privvy to information that we'll probably never see. I don't have to like the decisions but the law is the law.

Never thought of you as a fanboy. But it does seem to get ridiculous. They do have a right. The fanboys are just wow. I guess that's what happens when you can patent a word or phrase also like 3peat. Oh you said 3peat gimme money or I sue.
    05-16-12 05:23 PM
    Things are getting out of hand. Its one reason we need patent reform. The current system requires that you defend your patents or lose them, its ridiculous & merely forces litigation.

Yeah, the iFans comments are out of hand also. Its crazy but its only a minority that are that bad. The same ones that got all peed off when instagram went over to android. Oh well, I hope I'm never that bad.

Never thought of you as a fanboy. But it does seem to get ridiculous. They do have a right. The fanboys are just wow. I guess that's what happens when you can patent a word or phrase also like 3peat. Oh you said 3peat gimme money or I sue.

05-16-12 06:36 PM
    Things are getting out of hand. Its one reason we need patent reform. The current system requires that you defend your patents or lose them, its ridiculous & merely forces litigation.

Yeah, the iFans comments are out of hand also. Its crazy but its only a minority that are that bad. The same ones that got all peed off when instagram went over to android. Oh well, I hope I'm never that bad.

Me too. If I do please someone slap me.
    05-16-12 07:08 PM
    Apple is the new Microsoft...
    05-17-12 10:53 PM
    Honestly, besides creating malcontent, what purpose do these type threads have. I'm frankly surprised the Moderators allow this. If we were to go into the BB forums and post anything remotely close to this, how long would it take to close the thread?

I would like a MOD to chime in.
    You ARE on a BB forum....
    05-17-12 10:56 PM
    You ARE on a BB forum....
    This is the apple sub forum. The op wants negative attention. A lot of the negative threads/arguments started on this site are by bb users. The jealousy/envy is very petty IMO.

05-17-12 11:27 PM
    I would LOVE for you to explain your idea of communism to me friend.
    I've been called a communist for living in Canada and supporting our legalized gay marriage and socialized medicine. Who knew that constituted communism?

Oh how I cry for the educational system...
    05-18-12 01:23 AM
    This is the apple sub forum. The op wants negative attention. A lot of the negative threads/arguments started on this site are by bb users. The jealousy/envy is very petty IMO.

True that. The OP thrives on posting fight threads in the Apple subforums. Not the first time, won't be the last.

I can't believe the change in environment here over the last year. It's like all objectivity went out a window - time was when we could discuss and compare all platforms with strengths and weaknesses.

Not anymore. Now it's "ONLY SAY GOOD THINGS OR I WILL SCREAM TROLL AND FOLLOW YOU THREAD TO THREAD TO DO IT".
    pilsbury likes this.
    05-18-12 01:26 AM
    Dude - there are fanboys just like that on EVERY platform. RIM isn't immune.

I don't agree with the patent wars. It's part of why I am put off Samsung, because their crap against Apple is pretty blatant and bad. Right down to decorating their stores with Apple app images and destroying documents that prove they've broken the law. It is getting more and more petty on all sides and I want it ALL to stop.
    05-18-12 01:29 AM
    True that. The OP thrives on posting fight threads in the Apple subforums. Not the first time, won't be the last.

I can't believe the change in environment here over the last year. It's like all objectivity went out a window - time was when we could discuss and compare all platforms with strengths and weaknesses.

Not anymore. Now it's "ONLY SAY GOOD THINGS OR I WILL SCREAM TROLL AND FOLLOW YOU THREAD TO THREAD TO DO IT".
    Well said.
    05-18-12 05:31 AM
    Dude - there are fanboys just like that on EVERY platform. RIM isn't immune.

I don't agree with the patent wars. It's part of why I am put off Samsung, because their crap against Apple is pretty blatant and bad. Right down to decorating their stores with Apple app images and destroying documents that prove they've broken the law. It is getting more and more petty on all sides and I want it ALL to stop.
    LOL of course there is. It is getting silly.
    05-18-12 05:35 AM

True that. You can't deny that there are the other fans who can't just discuss without telling bb fans they are dumb and post every link they can hunt down that is negative and always bring how much stock is worth. All sides do it. Not just bb fans.
    05-18-12 05:40 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD